C- Olivo

fquaye149
07-25-2003, 07:39 PM
maybe jm wasn't lying about less tinkering

PaleHoseGeorge
07-25-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149

I consider this the surest sign yet that Manuel is actually trying to keep his job. There were many times earlier this season when I would have sworn the opposite was true.

:jerry
"I have a well-developed sense of self preservation!"

dickallen15
07-25-2003, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
[B]I consider this the surest sign yet that Manuel is actually trying to keep his job. There were many times earlier this season when I would have sworn the opposite was true.

I agree with that 100%. I've written before, I think you'd be doing him a favor in his mind if you canned him.

RKMeibalane
07-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149

I don't necessarily think he is tinkering less. It's just that he isn't doing as much tinkering with the starting lineup. It seems like he is doing most of his tinkering during the late innings, whenever he needs to make a pitching change or use a pinch-hitter. He has been out of control in those situations over the past week.

ScottySoxFan
07-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I don't necessarily think he is tinkering less. It's just that he isn't doing as much tinkering with the starting lineup. It seems like he is doing most of his tinkering during the late innings, whenever he needs to make a pitching change or use a pinch-hitter. He has been out of control in those situations over the past week.

Well, most of those moves have payed off so I'm not going to complain. I don't mind managing matchups later in the game, but it is usually better to leave the starting lineup set throughout the season.

As long as we keep winning, I'm not going to complain one bit.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-25-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Or when he feels the need to make "defensive" changes like tonight. I don't like this move of putting Harris and Rowand in the game in the eighth inning. I'd rather Koch got in there and ate a few innings while the bats are hot. Let the regualrs get a little extra BP against the D-Rays' pitchers.

lowesox
07-25-2003, 10:47 PM
This is interesting to me because I don't think Manuel is stupid. I just think he has a big ego. I think all the tinkering is him trying to take credit for wins. Now that his job is on the line, he's starting to manage smarter.

My concern is the playoffs - if we make it that far. Because Manuel stunk it up managing against Seatle. If he keeps his job, and this team makes the playoffs i think he'll start up with the stupidity again.

WhiteSoxWinner
07-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
This is interesting to me because I don't think Manuel is stupid. I just think he has a big ego. I think all the tinkering is him trying to take credit for wins. Now that his job is on the line, he's starting to manage smarter.

My concern is the playoffs - if we make it that far. Because Manuel stunk it up managing against Seatle. If he keeps his job, and this team makes the playoffs i think he'll start up with the stupidity again.

Maybe we can be the first team to fire our manager during the playoffs.

TornLabrum
07-25-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

Gen. Disarray has one thing going for him if he makes the playoffs this year. He won't be going head to head against Lou Piniella.

doublem23
07-26-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Gen. Disarray has one thing going for him if he makes the playoffs this year. He won't be going head to head against Lou Piniella.

I feel better already. :)