PDA

View Full Version : Is the national media crazy or....?

ScottySoxFan
07-25-2003, 05:04 PM
Even today's update on ESPN Insider's MLB Trade Rumors talks about the Sox possibly trading Colon and Gordon.

Is this a case of the national media still ignoring a hot team that has a very good chance at getting into the playoffs, or is there a legitimate reason that the Sox still are publicly acknowledged to be open to trading away players?

voodoochile
07-25-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by ScottySoxFan
Even today's update on ESPN Insider's MLB Trade Rumors talks about the Sox possibly trading Colon and Gordon.

Is this a case of the national media still ignoring a hot team that has a very good chance at getting into the playoffs, or is there a legitimate reason that the Sox still are publicly acknowledged to be open to trading away players?

:reinsy
"What are YOU looking at?"

jabrch
07-25-2003, 05:13 PM
for the Sox trading their valuable players at point in time in the season. I hope we don't, but at the same time, if someone give us a deal we can't refuse (like if Oakland would give us Harden and Swisher) I wouldn't cry too much. I want this team to win, but I'd also be happy to bring on a few A+ list prospects who will be MLB ready next year.

I know this ins't popular, but I trust Kenny on this one...

Dadawg_77
07-25-2003, 05:14 PM
What is the date on that rumor mill item? They tend not to take tidbits down after they put them up. So as you go down the relevancy of the items goes down.

jcw218
07-25-2003, 05:16 PM
I noticed that too. When I looked at the rumor list, Gordon was the last one mentioned and was dated June 18th.

voodoochile
07-25-2003, 05:16 PM
That other thread also has a current column by Rosenthal which specifically states that Colon is NOT available, so Sox fans have that going for them...