PDA

View Full Version : maybe we're not done...

longshot7
07-25-2003, 05:02 PM
from Ken Rosenthal's newest TSN column:

White Sox GM Ken Williams keeps getting asked if he's one losing streak away from being a seller, but he is still looking for pitching help.

"I'm going to have to be as patient on this as I've ever been on anything," Williams says. "By the 31st, a lot of teams have to make their once-and-for-all decision -- are we in it or are we out of it? A lot of teams are holding out for better prospects or monetary relief that might not be there. There may be opportunities at the last minute."

He mentions Jeff Suppan as available - I wonder if we're really going to get another arm or if we're done trading. Hmm....

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=insidedishtraderumorshea&prov=tsn&type=lgns

A.T. Money
07-25-2003, 05:06 PM
Cool. Thanks for the article. Very interesting that were are looking at Suppan.

Brian26
07-25-2003, 05:25 PM
We are completely in this race. We're 4 games out on July 25. Who the hell is going to wave the white flag now? This thing is ours for the taking. Go get Suppan and you've got the best 5-man rotation in mlb.

hold2dibber
07-25-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
We are completely in this race. We're 4 games out on July 25. Who the hell is going to wave the white flag now?

:reinsy
"My ears are burning!"