PDA

View Full Version : Quoting Mel in "Braveheart"--"Hold...Hold...Hold..."

Procol Harum
07-25-2003, 01:14 PM
I dunno if it's just me, but I am approaching this latest Sox winning spurt with much less enthusiasm than I greeted the earlier run against the Grubs and Twinks. The immediate pratfall they took on the road trip through the "dregs of the American League" was pretty damning evidence supporting the contention that this bunch doesn't have what it takes to come within spittin' distance of winning the Series. These guys are gonna really have to convince me they're playin' for keeps before I let my heart get broken again. So, while I'm happy and encouraged by the 7-game winning streak, I reckon I'll have to see some domination as they play the Devil Rays and then KC before I start going uber-enthusiastic. So, heart: "Hold! Hold! Hold!"

VeeckAsInWreck
07-25-2003, 01:19 PM
You are about as confident as a guy whose girlfriend has dragged him on the Jerry Springer show. Relax, it will be ok!

CHISOXFAN13
07-25-2003, 01:20 PM
I felt the same way until our pitching staff shut down the Jays last night.

The last two wins have been very special; reminded me of 2000.

Foulke You
07-25-2003, 01:36 PM
The 2 road wins versus a tough Blue Jays team was more encouraging than the 5 wins at home. We all know the Sox play well and hit well at home. Getting 2 road wins like that was huge. If we take care of business at home vs the Rays and then play well at KC, I will start to believe in the 2003 White Sox. Until then, we are just a hot ballclub in the midst of a streak.

Procol Harum
07-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
You are about as confident as a guy whose girlfriend has dragged him on the Jerry Springer show. Relax, it will be ok!

LOL! I'll have to remember that analogy!