PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Wunch is Back

fledgedrallycap
07-25-2003, 12:09 PM
The Score just reported that Kelly Wunch is back in pin stipes!

WhiteSox = Life
07-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap

It's great that he's back, but we'll have to wait to see if his pitching is back, too. He was gone for a long time, so it's going to be interesting how rusty he is against Major League pitching again. Let's hope there's none.

:gulp:

D'Angelo F Death
07-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Praise Jesus. Wunsch was both unhittable and underused before he got hurt. Let's get him back, get him in there, and get Marte a day off or two.

DrCrawdad
07-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap

Who is being sent down?

FJA
07-25-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Who is being sent down?

If it's not David Sanders, I'd be very surprised.

daveb816
07-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Excellent. They might need him tonight, with Marte and Gordon probably unavailable.

kempsted
07-25-2003, 01:10 PM
The Whitesox said they will stick with 11 pitchers so that means one of them must be sent down. Really the only two possibilities are Glover and Sanders. But Glover is out of options. Of late Glover is probably the better of the two anyway. I would rather have Wunsch back than either of them though.

The ideal is to do something with Koch but that is most likely impossible.

gogosoxgogo
07-25-2003, 01:14 PM
Alright, that's great news, hopefully he can regain his form from before the injury. We're going to need Wunsch down this stretch. I would assume Sanders is sent down. He wasn't getting enough playing time anyway, so that's fine. He'll be better able to work on his stuff down at AAA.

joecrede
07-25-2003, 02:12 PM
Wunsch (a guy who can get a lefty or two out) is a luxury the Sox bullpen cannot afford right now because it has been overworked. For the next three games at least, I'd rather have Sanders.

CHISOXFAN13
07-25-2003, 02:17 PM
Do we really know he can't pitch to more than 1 or 2 batters? I know he hasn't, but maybe it's time for Manuel to let him face more than one batter. He's effective against both when given the chance.

MHOUSE
07-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Wunsch (a guy who can get a lefty or two out) is a luxury the Sox bullpen cannot afford right now because it has been overworked. For the next three games at least, I'd rather have Sanders.

Wunsch was getting everyone out earlier in the season. We need someone else besides Marte to pitch vs. the lefties. Jerry obviously doesn't trust Sanders in clutch spots and he's a rookie anyways so it's valid. Wunsch can pitch an inning every couple nights and take some pressure off Damaso and Flash; we need that.

Brian26
07-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Dave Sanders, your taxi is ready.

A.T. Money
07-25-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Dave Sanders, your taxi is ready.

Yep, Sanders is going to Charlotte. Heard it on ESPN Radio 1000.

B. Diddy
07-25-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by D'Angelo F Death
Praise Jesus. Wunsch was both unhittable and underused before he got hurt.

Unfortunately, that's because he was OVERUSED in 2000. I was surprised his arm didn't fall off at the end of the season.

kermittheefrog
07-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by B. Diddy
Unfortunately, that's because he was OVERUSED in 2000. I was surprised his arm didn't fall off at the end of the season.

I can't blame them for overusing Wunsch in 2000. He was a reliever and he wasn't particularly young, who knows how long he'd be that good? Get the most out of a guy like that while you can.

lowesox
07-25-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm very nervous that MArte is going to get hurt. He's pitching 2+ innings every day it seems.

duke of dorwood
07-25-2003, 10:50 PM
We will need Kelly and Glover-good to see them both pitch tonight