PDA

View Full Version : Will the Sox-Royals get the same primetime coverage as Royals-Twins?

ChiSox14305635
07-25-2003, 01:37 AM
I don't think so. Those bastards at ESPN are so friggin' biased against the Sox it's not even funny. Don't be surprised if the Sox do well against the D-Rays, the Royals do well against the Tigers, then get ignored by ESPN. Something told me those jerkoffs wouldn't ignore KC-Twinkies. But I'm fully expecting them to f**k over the Sox, even if they're winning. Both wins the Sox had over the Jays on BBTN, those buttwads focused on Halladay's streak, Escobar's trade potential & Delgado's 2nd half. No mention of the Sox performance. Then, to add injury to insult, on Sportscenter when the game was acutally the lead highlight (focus on Halladay's streak), Dan Patrick said the Sox "escaped" Canada with a 7-6 win, which was repeated on BBTN by Trey Wingo.

I'm so f**king sick and tired of ESPN screwing the Sox over! Let's win it all and kick those bastards off their high horse!

ma-gaga
07-25-2003, 10:15 AM
Two things:

1.) Everyone complains that 'espn screws their team'. Maybe not the Lakers, but EVERY OTHER sports team gets 'no respect' from the sports leader...

2.) Your signature. What year is this?

ChiSox14305635
07-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
Two things:

1.) Everyone complains that 'espn screws their team'. Maybe not the Lakers, but EVERY OTHER sports team gets 'no respect' from the sports leader...

2.) Your signature. What year is this?

In response:

1) Unless you're the Yankees/Red Sox/Braves/Cubs/Mets/Dodgers/Phillies: Your baseball team is being screwed. However, they save a special place in their heart for the White Sox. Gammons is all East Coast (Yanks, Red Sox, Marlins, Reynolds West Coast (Mariners, Giants, A's), Kurjkian, all things dumbass (Cubs, Twins, Royals, Expos). Valentine is okay, and Brantley and Dibbs are awesome, as they give creedence to all teams.

2) The Sox are winning! Call me superstitious, but I refuse to change my damn sig! The last thing I want to do is jinx them. Besides, this is what's gonna happen next year in my heart anyway!

ChiSox14305635
08-01-2003, 12:43 AM
Tonight on BBTN:

After taking 5 minutes to dissect the Yanks-Reds trade, then talking about the Yanks-Angels game, proceeded with other games such as the Giants-Cubs, Phillies-Dodgers, Red Sox-Rangers, & Reds-Rockies (2 teams nowhere close to being in it). And finally, after a commercial break, they dedicate a whole 30 seconds to the Sox sweep over the Royals. Nice job, ESPN....pricks!

Lip Man 1
08-01-2003, 11:49 AM
It's a conspiracy I tells ya!!!!!!!!!!

Lip

gosox3072
08-01-2003, 12:16 PM
On espn.com you cant find a story on the sox either on the front page or even the MLB page. Thats terrible. THe sox kc series had the most impact on the playoffs as any series this past week. Just dont forget, in October they HAVE to talk about us if were there!

valposoxfan
08-01-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
In response:

1) Unless you're the Yankees/Red Sox/Braves/Cubs/Mets/Dodgers/Phillies: Your baseball team is being screwed. However, they save a special place in their heart for the White Sox. Gammons is all East Coast (Yanks, Red Sox, Marlins, Reynolds West Coast (Mariners, Giants, A's), Kurjkian, all things dumbass (Cubs, Twins, Royals, Expos). Valentine is okay, and Brantley and Dibbs are awesome, as they give creedence to all teams.

2) The Sox are winning! Call me superstitious, but I refuse to change my damn sig! The last thing I want to do is jinx them. Besides, this is what's gonna happen next year in my heart anyway!

ChiSox he is talking about the year you use as the year for your predicted world championships...it's 2003 this year, not 2004. :smile:

valposoxfan
08-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
ChiSox he is talking about the year you use as the year for your predicted world championships...it's 2003 this year, not 2004. :smile:

Nevermind ChiSox...just read your reply. :D:

harwar
08-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
it's 2003 this year.. not 2004

it IS? HOLY ****!!!

FarmerAndy
08-01-2003, 12:41 PM
Would anybody like some cheese with their whine?