PDA

View Full Version : We need you Esteban, Bartolo

gosox3072
07-25-2003, 01:04 AM
Hawk and DJ were putting down some real good points concerning our bulpen. We only really have 3 guys that pitch. If loiza and colon dont go deep in thier games fri and sun we could have a real problem. We are gonna need those guys when we go to KC and SEA. Hopefully JM realizes this and kinda saves them this weekend

BTW Good pitching by White today. At least he went after wells instead of just putting him on with a walk.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-25-2003, 01:42 AM
:glove
"So you're saying I have a chance to pitch soon?"

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-25-2003, 11:04 AM
plus porzio pitches saturday. we need a good start from him, and that could be asking a lot.

gogosoxgogo
07-25-2003, 11:14 AM
I agree with you. Marte and Gordon have pitched a ton recently. I think they need the next few days off, Marte needing 2, Gordon 1. We don't want to overwork these guys and hurt them, and they are both needed for anything we are to do this year. You are correct in saying that Loaiza and Colon need to step it up these next few games. I would say that both have to go 7 innings at least. I'd like to use White as little as possible as well, since he has been effective as of late. Glover and Sanders (Glover in particular) are going to have to pick it up as well, as I expect to see them quite a bit in the Tampa Bay series. Also, be prepared to see Koch in a few close games this weekend since Marte and Gordon need the rest. He better shut them down completely. Let's just say that it would behoove our offense to get quite a bit of runs this weekend so our bullpen can rest.

FJA
07-25-2003, 11:41 AM
I feel pretty confident that with Loaiza and Bartolo going, we won't have to use the bullpen much on Friday and Sunday. As far as Saturday goes, if Porzio can be at least decent and we can hit D-Rays pitching--which, although we didn't do it too well before, shouldn't be that difficult--we might be able to get by in that game without using Marte and Gordon. Porzio can go five, maybe six innings and we can have either Sanders or Wunch (depending on whether or not he's called up) eat up some innings, throw in Glover, maybe bring in Koch if it's a BIG lead and use Rick White to close if we need it. Point is, while we don't have a lot of weapons against good offensive teams, against poor ones, we can hold our own.

If Gordon and Marte have to be tired, they picked the right time: Resting up for KC, who, in the late innings, we have a decided advantage over.

Tragg
07-25-2003, 12:24 PM
White's been pitching well for a while. I still say let Wright pitch out of the bullpen - garland and wells did pretty well in that role when they struggled as starters 2 years ago. Wunsch should bring some needed depth.