PDA

View Full Version : Who's going tomorrow (Friday)?

FJA
07-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Who's going tomorrow? I think it could be a really big crowd given that the team is on a roll, the weather is supposed to be beautiful, it's a Friday, it's Rat Pack night AND there are fireworks.

I'll be there ... probably in the Bullpen Sports Bar.

doublem23
07-24-2003, 10:55 PM
I'm thinking about it, but struggling to round people up. I'll try and make it out, though.

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Who's going tomorrow? I think it could be a really big crowd given that the team is on a roll, the weather is supposed to be beautiful, it's a Friday, it's Rat Pack night AND there are fireworks.

I'll be there ... probably in the Bullpen Sports Bar.

Fireworks tomorrow? On a Friday? Is that for Ratpack night? I am probably going.

But either way I will be going on Sunday.

FJA
07-24-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Fireworks tomorrow? On a Friday? Is that for Ratpack night? I am probably going.

But either way I will be going on Sunday.

Yep, fireworks ... I did a double-take too. I guess they have to pull out all the stops to get people to come for the Devil Rays series.

Bisco Stu
07-24-2003, 11:21 PM
"Rat Pack Night?"

Meh.

Where's my heady "Hippie Stoner" night?

Thunderstruck30
07-24-2003, 11:33 PM
What is rat pack night?

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
What is rat pack night?

I believe Magic 104.3 will be broadcasting there.

My guess is it's like Elvis Night, but highlighting Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Jr. and Dean Martin.

doublem23
07-24-2003, 11:49 PM
Here's the description from the official site...

Join the White Sox and Miller Lite for a tribute to the music, sounds and fans of legendary crooner Frank Sinatra. The evening will include tailgating, Rat Pack cover groups, Sinatra stylists and in-game teasers, as well as a postgame mini-concert and signature fireworks.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
I believe Magic 104.3 will be broadcasting there.

My guess is it's like Elvis Night, but highlighting Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Jr. and Dean Martin.

If they have "The Flying Rat Pack" were all of them jump out of a plane, I'm in!

doublem23
07-24-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
If they have "The Flying Rat Pack" were all of them jump out of a plane, I'm in!

I think Farmio and Rooney mentioned that during today's broadcast.

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck

"When you look in the sky and you see he can fly, that's Dean Martin."

:smile:

ewokpelts
07-25-2003, 12:06 AM
...........for Frank's 400th

voodoochile
07-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
"When you look in the sky and you see he can fly, that's Dean Martin."

:smile:

I say that's life (That Life)
That's what all the people say
You're riding high in April
Shot down in May
But I know I'm going to chage their tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June (or July, or August)

I say that's life (That's life)...

WhiteSox = Life
07-25-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I say that's life (That Life)
That's what all the people say
You're riding high in April
Shot down in May
But I know I'm going to chage their tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June (or July, or August)

I say that's life (That's life)...

Beautiful.

:whiner:

npdempse
07-25-2003, 01:00 AM
Heck yes will be there. And hopefully 35k others while we're rolling.

Question: I only recall being at one fireworks night in the past, so don't exactly remember the spiel, but, we're in the outfield--will we need to turn around to watch the display? Do they care about the Comiskey upgrade after the game is over?

Rant: Sinatra Jr. sang "TMOTTBG" during the Cubs game yesterday. If Gallas doesn't get him to the Cell tomorrow, he's not worth his weight in dirt.

valposoxfan
07-25-2003, 01:02 AM
I'll be there, my broke self and all. With this team on a such a roll, I have to go! :smile:

dllrbll7
07-25-2003, 01:41 AM
Im workin on gettin out of work!

Mo308oM
07-25-2003, 01:59 AM
im thinking im going with a group for my gurls bday, but if they cancel im still going sooo.... either way ill be there :)

soxnut
07-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
I'll be there, my broke self and all. With this team on a such a roll, I have to go! :smile:

You sound like me........I'm going too!!!!!! :smile:

QueerGirrl
07-25-2003, 09:22 AM
I'm looking forward to tonight's game. I'll be there with my brand new Sox jersey on!! Go Sox!!!

Ummm...beer :gulp:

mandmandm
07-25-2003, 09:28 AM
I am in. I just got 6 5th row right center field bleacher seats. I expect a big walk up crowd. I know it is a stretch but a sell out would be a great reward for the players for their short but sweet road trip.

As for Rat Pack, in my mind I see a Dean Martin impersonator parachuting into the park holding a glass of whiskey trying not to spill.

harwar
07-25-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
Rant: Sinatra Jr. sang "TMOTTBG" during the Cubs game yesterday. If Gallas doesn't get him to the Cell tomorrow, he's not worth his weight in dirt.

I know Sinatra jr. is flesh and blood and all but i'd rather have Harry Connick jr.I saw him some years back and he sounded just like the real thing.I think Connick is coming to Chicago in august as part of his new tour so its out of the question.

FJA
07-25-2003, 09:34 AM

Question: I only recall being at one fireworks night in the past, so don't exactly remember the spiel, but, we're in the outfield--will we need to turn around to watch the display? Do they care about the Comiskey upgrade after the game is over?

When I saw Sinatra Jr. on TV yesterday, I decided to give Gallas the benefit of the doubt that this could be a really nice event ... but I agree. He isn't worth his weight in dirt if he can't get Sinatra Jr. here on RAT PACK NIGHT and the flubs can get him for "random take me out to the ballgame singer" day.

Hangar18
07-25-2003, 09:56 AM

Yup....I noticed that. One of the Long long long list of things the cubs have Stolen, Borrowed, Drafted, Picked Up, Mimiced and Copied from the White Sox. The media is ingraining to cub fans
that sox fans have chips on their shoulders and like to tear cub fans down (per John Jackson of the suntimes). Well Johnny,
these things were all thought of by the white sox PR dept.
Some of the things the Sox have come up were also copied by dozen or so other teams (retro uniforms, sleepover nite, dogdays, 70's nites, Elvis Tributes etc etc)

Jerko
07-25-2003, 10:13 AM

If you are in far left field (sec 158-ish) you will have to turn around to BARELY see them clear the wall. Actually sneaking up to the upper deck seats behind first base is probably the best view, If you don't want to do all that walking just migrate to right field, or if you get up there early, the fan deck in center. They no longer close off the outfield like in the past, so you should have some free movement when you decide where you want to go.

steff
07-25-2003, 12:08 PM
We'll be there in 159 row 1 tonight. Mr. Aloha will be in our regular seats. We'll be in the bar previous as well.

Hangar18
07-25-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
We'll be there in 159 row 1 tonight. Mr. Aloha will be in our regular seats. We'll be in the bar previous as well.

Whoah! Steff, Joining me In LF I see huh? your right by me
now ..... This wouldnt have anything to do with a Certain Big Guy
trying to hit his 400th hr would it ? heh heh

DrCrawdad
07-25-2003, 12:55 PM
DrCrawdad will be there with my "Ratpack" - three guys that I grew up with.

My "Ratpack" consists of my cousin (CrawEd), Polar Bauer and Pinhead. Pinhead is here on leave from the AirForce.

We don't have seats so, we'll be adding to the walk up crowd.

BeerHandle
07-25-2003, 12:56 PM
My seats are in 161, row 2. I will have my glove out to catch #400!

mandmandm
07-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Beer Handle:

Are those your season tickets or just for tonight? My weekend package is 161, row 1.

BeerHandle
07-25-2003, 01:13 PM
I have a split season. 161, Row 2, Seats 15-16. Is this Craig or Rick?

VeeckAsInWreck
07-25-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Yup....I noticed that. One of the Long long long list of things the cubs have Stolen, Borrowed, Drafted, Picked Up, Mimiced and Copied from the White Sox. The media is ingraining to cub fans
that sox fans have chips on their shoulders and like to tear cub fans down (per John Jackson of the suntimes). Well Johnny,
these things were all thought of by the white sox PR dept.
Some of the things the Sox have come up were also copied by dozen or so other teams (retro uniforms, sleepover nite, dogdays, 70's nites, Elvis Tributes etc etc)

Hangar, another one that everyone has copied from the Sox and the late Bill Veeck is The Exploding Scoreboard.
:dinger

mandmandm
07-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Michael, Weekend: 1-4.

Hangar18
07-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
DrCrawdad will be there with my "Ratpack" - three guys that I grew up with.

My "Ratpack" consists of my cousin (CrawEd), Polar Bauer and Pinhead. Pinhead is here on leave from the AirForce.

We don't have seats so, we'll be adding to the walk up crowd.

So ......we should be looking for a guy in a Red Lobster Suit,
with black ties and hats ???

A.T. Money
07-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I have a split season. 161, Row 2, Seats 15-16. Is this Craig or Rick?

I'm in section 161 seats 18 and 19, but only on the weekends.

voodoochile
07-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Just bought sec 158, row 17. I'll be wearing my Frank Jersey and my WSI t-shirt.

See ya'll there...

edit: WSI t-shirt is in the laundry, so I guess I'll have to make do with my Sosa Sucks Cork t-shirt. I'll still be wearing that Frank jersey though...

dllrbll7
07-25-2003, 04:51 PM
Just got off work and goin with a van full of people. Cant wait!

steff
07-25-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Whoah! Steff, Joining me In LF I see huh? your right by me
now ..... This wouldnt have anything to do with a Certain Big Guy
trying to hit his 400th hr would it ? heh heh .

Hehe... we're slummin :D: :D:

Come see me. I have to talk to you about August 9th

steff
07-25-2003, 05:06 PM
I'll be wearing my new Sox tank top tonight. It's sweeeeeetttt...

Soxfan7070
07-25-2003, 05:24 PM
Wow...the second I click on this topic, my friend calls up with an extra ticket. Talk about luck! Should be a good night for baseball!
:)