PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread - Thursday, 7/24 Vs. Blue Jays

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Use this thread for all game related comments. All others will be deleted. The chat room is open.

Go Sox! Shave Kenny's Head and then shave Hawk's head!

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Nothing in the first inning.

Jon Garland flashing a little... Skin.

:smile:

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Nice play by Garland to end the 1st... Bare hand it and throw it, Jonny...

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 07:23 PM
2B- Alomar
LF- Lee
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
CF- Everett
1B- Konerko
SS- Valentin
3B- Crede
C- Olivo

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 07:25 PM
:DJ
"... In his kibbles 'n' bits."

That's a great line. Way to kick the censors in their kibbles 'n' bits, DJ!

And, PK grounds into the 1-6-3.

:angry:

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 07:27 PM
The plate seems rather LARGE tonight...

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
The plate seems rather LARGE tonight...

That probably means that Frank won't have a good game. It seems like he isn't at his best whenever an umpire with a large strike zone is behind the plate. Those guys love to call that pitch on the outside corner, where Frank can't reach it.

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Is it just me, or when Garland's been pitching lately, you don't have the urge to sit on the edge of your seat like when, say, a Mike Porzio is pitching?

I like that feeling.

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 07:35 PM
I also liked that strikeout there by Garland. The ump's got himself a wide plate going tonight. Let's see if it's consistent... At least for the Sox' benefit!

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
That probably means that Frank won't have a good game. It seems like he isn't at his best whenever an umpire with a large strike zone is behind the plate. Those guys love to call that pitch on the outside corner, where Frank can't reach it.

Frank has such a good eye it makes it hard for him to swing at pitches that are just off the plate. It's a getaway day AND a night game. Better unlimber the lumber because you won't see many walks...

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Frank has such a good eye it makes it hard for him to swing at pitches that are just off the plate. It's a getaway day AND a night game. Better unlimber the lumber because you won't see many walks...

Hopefully, Frank moves a little bit closer to the plate (just enough to remain unnoticed), and is ready to cover that outside pitch. And, if not, stay where he is and be ready to turn and burn on the inside pitches.

"Umlimber the lumber."

Where'd you get that one, VC?

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Hopefully, Frank moves a little bit closer to the plate (just enough to remain unnoticed), and is ready to cover that outside pitch. And, if not, stay where he is and be ready to turn and burn on the inside pitches.

"Umlimber the lumber."

Where'd you get that one, VC?

I guess I made it up... I don't know... I liked the alliteration, so I used it...

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 07:45 PM
I guess I made it up... I don't know... I liked the alliteration, so I used it...

I was wondering because it sounded like something a certain White Sox commentator might say...

:hawk
"Let's see. 'Unlimber the lumber.' Oh, man. This has got Hawkism written all over it."

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Rain delay! Too funny. They don't even have a tarp. Just waiting for the roof to close...

Nick@Nite
07-24-2003, 08:42 PM
no wonder my mlb gameday was stuck on CE batting with one strike.

Nick@Nite
07-24-2003, 08:57 PM
did the roof get stuck trying to close? seems like its taking a long time.

MisterB
07-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by PinchALoaf
did the roof get stuck trying to close? seems like its taking a long time.

It takes about 20 minutes to close the roof at Skydome, plus the grounds crew had to squeegee the turf and stuff.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 09:16 PM

Frank has, IMO, the best batting eye in baseball. It may too good, if you know what I mean. He usually lays off that outside pitch, but the umpire calls a strike anyway. I wish he would move over a step in the box so he could poke that pitch into right.

valposoxfan
07-24-2003, 09:23 PM
What the hell was Olivo doing at first!!??? Terrible.

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Well, Olivo. You lived on the edge too long. You got picked off. And, Alomar draws a walk shortly thereafter.

Hawk shaving his head was also brought up. He said he would do it if they won 10 games in a row, but that he wouldn't show anybody.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
What the hell was Olivo doing at first!!??? Terrible.

More bad base-running?

valposoxfan
07-24-2003, 09:29 PM
More bad base-running?

You guessed it.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Well, Olivo. You lived on the edge too long. You got picked off. And, Alomar draws a walk shortly thereafter.

Hawk shaving his head was also brought up. He said he would do it if they won 10 games in a row, but that he wouldn't show anybody.

If he goes through with it, he should show it off just once, so we can see what he looks like. I don't think that's too much to ask. Besides, if anyone makes fun of him, he can just respond by saying that the Sox won ten in a row, and he's proud of this fact.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
You guessed it.

This team is still making a lot of stupid mental mistakes. They have been playing well, so it hasn't mattered as much, but they really need to stop doing it. Good teams capitalize on those types of mistakes, especially in the postseason.

MarqSox
07-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
It takes about 20 minutes to close the roof at Skydome, plus the grounds crew had to squeegee the turf and stuff.

Anyone else find it ironic that Toronto has a retractable dome that takes forever to close, and Montreal has a retractable dome that never opens? :D:

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Anyone else find it ironic that Toronto has a retractable dome that takes forever to close, and Montreal has a retractable dome that never opens? :D:

Why doesn't the dome at Olympic Stadium open? I remember hearing about that, but I never found out why it didn't.

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

20 minutes to move that much steel really isn't that long.

I never realized that Montreal's roof opened. I thought there was some history about them running out of money when it was built for the 72 olympics and the roof plans got changed because of the money shortage. Am I misremembering here?

Max Power
07-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Why doesn't the dome at Olympic Stadium open? I remember hearing about that, but I never found out why it didn't.

It was really poorly designed. I think the architech had too much time on his hands and was a little too creative with Olympic Stadium. They tore off the retractable roof a few years back and replaced it with a perminent one. So it'sno longer a retractable roof stadium. Maybe I'll look this all up, but I'm fairly certain of all of it.

FJA
07-24-2003, 09:40 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Hawk has mentioned Sidney Ponson at least three or four times this broadcast?

Interesting, I think, how he keeps mentioning how many wins he has, who he has beaten, etc. ...

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 09:41 PM
You can just tell Frank doesn't like this umpire.

And, bad base-running in this inning, too.

That was just a bad decision. Ugh.

:angry:

duke of dorwood
07-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Dumb play in the 8th inning

Paulwny
The roof is not retractable and is made of kevlar. Some seats are moveable to adjust for football, concerts, etc.

RKMeibalane
Originally posted by FJA
Has anyone else noticed that Hawk has mentioned Sidney Ponson at least three or four times this broadcast?

Interesting, I think, how he keeps mentioning how many wins he has, who he has beaten, etc. ...

Hawk is obsessed with Sidney Ponson. Now that I think about it, he's obsessed with several players- Ponson, Bobby Kielty, Torii Hunter to name a few. He was also obsessed with Paul Molitor when he played in Milwaukee.

JJAustin69
07-24-2003, 09:45 PM
He used to be obsessed with Greg Norton as well. Tell me we aren't running ourselves out of this game.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 09:45 PM
You can just tell Frank doesn't like this umpire.

I hate it when I'm right. What is it these days with umpires squeezing Frank at the plate? They must be trying to exact revenge on him for all those walks he's taken over the years. :smile:

JJAustin69
07-24-2003, 09:47 PM
Konerko, Valentin, Crede due up in the 9th. A combined 0-8. Lets go guys, pull your weight!

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 09:51 PM
I hate it when I'm right. What is it these days with umpires squeezing Frank at the plate? They must be trying to exact revenge on him for all those walks he's taken over the years. :smile:

I'll bet umpires don't like the guys who work a count as much as they like the guys who go up, swing at three pitches straight and then go back to the bench.

:hitless
"I knew it! The umpires loved me!"

:hurt
"Yeah, and so did the team we were facing, too."

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 09:52 PM
I'll bet umpires don't like the guys who work a count as much as they like the guys who go up, swing at three pitches straight and then go back to the bench.

:hitless
"I knew it! The umpires loved me!"

"Yeah, and so did the team we were facing, too."

LMAO! That exchange between Frank and Royce is probably not too far from the truth.

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Keeping the bunt on with a 2 strike count is stupid. Just flat stupid...

dllrbll7
07-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Why are we bunting with 2 strikes? it wasnt even close to bein fair

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Why are we bunting with 2 strikes? it wasnt even close to bein fair

****ing idiot -------------------------------------> :jerry

Paulwny
07-24-2003, 10:05 PM
Keeping the bunt on with a 2 strike count is stupid. Just flat stupid...

Jose may have been doing it on his own, we'll see what the morning papers say. A few years ago Jose did it against ny and ended up safe at first.

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Willie just manages to get to second on a steal, and then Crede walks. Miguel is up with a chance to be a hero, after goating up earlier.

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Where the heck was Graffanino?

I am so sick of Manuel's dumb ass...

:firejerry

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Well, Miguel didn't do it. Can Robbie?

FJA
07-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Why is Miguel Olivo at the plate in the 9th inning? Why does the tinkering never seem to affect Olivo's horrible bat?

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Jose may have been doing it on his own, we'll see what the morning papers say. A few years ago Jose did it against ny and ended up safe at first.

No, you could see he was looking for the sign from 3rd before every pitch.

I can't believe we didn't score that inning. Manuel You are an IDIOT!

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 10:11 PM
Where the heck was Graffanino?

I am so sick of Manuel's dumb ass...

I second that. His decision-making is horrible. He is the worst manager I have ever seen.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 10:12 PM
If the Sox lose this game, Jerry Manuel should resign. He's worthless.

voodoochile
I second that. His decision-making is horrible. He is the worst manager I have ever seen.

They better find another lefty for the pen, because Marte's arm is going to fall off before too much longer.

ChiSox7
We aren't going to do anything with the bottom of that lineup. There is something terribly wrong with Crede, and Olivo is flat out bad at the plate. I know you are not supposed to rely on the bottom of your lineup for runs, but these guys are close to automatic outs. that just wont work.

btw, where the hell was Graffanino. There better be something wrong with Sandy

JJAustin69
07-24-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Why is Miguel Olivo at the plate in the 9th inning? Why does the tinkering never seem to affect Olivo's horrible bat? No doubt! A perfect opportunity squandered. Graffy has been pretty hot lately too. He must need the 'rest'.

ssang
07-24-2003, 10:14 PM
First the idiot, moron, loser know as Jerry (you suck and I hate you) Manuel puts in Koch last night in a 1-run game! Now he allows Olivo to hit in the 9th....you know Olivo has a very low percentage of putting the ball in play. He struck OUT. (as I suspected he would). Let's see, 9th inning, a great chance to take the lead and he keeps Graffanino (who is real hot) on the bench!?!?!?!?!? Why? How? I hate Manuel. I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 10:16 PM
If the Sox lose this game, Jerry Manuel should resign. He's worthless.

:KW
"Hey, he will have saved my hair. I just might give him an extension."

:hawk
"You can give him a bigger bonus as far as I am concerned."

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by ssang
First the idiot, moron, loser know as Jerry (you suck and I hate you) Manuel puts in Koch last night in a 1-run game! Now he allows Olivo to hit in the 9th....you know Olivo has a very low percentage of putting the ball in play. He struck OUT. (as I suspected he would). Let's see, 9th inning, a great chance to take the lead and he keeps Graffanino (who is real hot) on the bench!?!?!?!?!? Why? How? I hate Manuel. I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell us how you REALLY feel...

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 10:17 PM

:jerry
"Calm down, man. At least I don't go around calling all my friends homies. Besides, Graff will pinch-hit for Maggs. It's a perfect strategy... Which I can never, ever explain."

By the way, what a performance by Marte!

ssang
07-24-2003, 10:18 PM
If Ghandi puts in Graff, this game just ended on that last fly out. I HATE MANUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
btw, where the hell was Graffanino. There better be something wrong with Sandy

I can just hear Manuel's postgame comments...

"Well, normally I would use Tony in that situation, but I wanted to give Miguel a chance to bat with men on base in a close game. He's our catcher of the future, so I wanted to see what he was capable of in a clutch situation. Also, I thought that his speed gave us another advantage, because he would be able to leg out an infield hit, which is something that Tony can't do as often."

"What does Olivo's being the catcher of the future have to do with him batting in a key situation?"

"Nothing, really. I just wanted to see what he could do up there. He hasn't gotten many chances to hit in a close game, so I wanted to give him an opportunity to help the ballclub."

"So his being a catcher had nothing to do with your decision not to pinch-hit for him in the ninth?"

"No, it didn't."

"But you mentioned earlier that Olvio's catching ability was a factor in your decision to leave him in the game."

"Did I say that? Uhhh... well, what I meant was that I just wanted to shake things up in order to keep Toronto off balance. And you know that I like to tinker. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve for our games against the Royals."

Lip Man 1
07-24-2003, 10:22 PM
He's trying to give Olivo confidence!

Seriously Rob neyer at ESPN.COM in his column yesterday made the statement that Olivo is "killing" the Sox lineup and that the Sox should have gone Arimas Ramirez because of Crede's problems.

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
07-24-2003, 10:22 PM
Has anyone commented yet on the Sox horrible baserunning tonight?

I could've told you that Olivo was going to get picked off, based on where he was standing.

And why did Maggs go for an extra base on an obvious single?

And, while he just beat the tag, why the hell did Harris slide feet-first on his steal?

The Sox can still win this one, but there is some stupidity going on here (and yes, I'm including leaving Olivo in to bat in the 9th) that just boggles the mind.

Daver
07-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
He's trying to give Olivo confidence!

Seriously Rob neyer at ESPN.COM in his column yesterday made the statement that Olivo is "killing" the Sox lineup and that the Sox should have gone Arimas Ramirez because of Crede's problems.

Lip

Then Rob Neyer is not as smart as he thinks he is,why would the Sox,a bad defensive team,replace one of the best defensive third baseman in the league with one of the worse?

Any offense you get out of the catcher position is a plus,if an AL team is counting on the nine spot for production they have much bigger problems.

chisoxt
07-24-2003, 10:31 PM
Any offense you get out of the catcher position is a plus,if an AL team is counting on the nine spot for production they have much bigger problems.

Not true, you cannot give that many outs in the American League.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt

With the exception of New York and Boston, every other American League team has a weak spot at the bottom of its lineup. That's just the way teams are set up. Besides, we wouldn't be worried about this if the Sox had managed to put up eight or nine runs tonight.

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 10:36 PM
We need a run NOW and tomorrow we need 9 from ELo...

adsit
07-24-2003, 10:37 PM
11th inning... now or never... don't want to see the bottom of the order again tonight, and ESPECIALLY don't want to see Botch anywhere near that mound...

Daver
07-24-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt

I repeat,if you are counting on the nine spot for production,you have bigger problems,if an AL catcher is hitting above the Mendoza line and providing solid defense he is doing his job.

Add on to that the fact that you are talking about a player that never played above the AA level until last September.

Bitching about Olivo at the plate is pointless as far as I am concerned.

ChiSox7
07-24-2003, 10:41 PM
This is embarrassing offense against one of the worst pens in the league

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 10:41 PM
If Manuel puts Koch in, drastic measures will be taken to ensure that Jerry Manuel's life comes to an end.

http://images.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlight/_photos/darth.jpg

"You rang?"

ssang
07-24-2003, 10:43 PM
I hate Mnauel! I hadn't said it in like 10 minutes so just a reminder. OLIVO OVER GRAFFY !?!?!?!?!? ***!?!?!!?!?

Daver
07-24-2003, 10:44 PM
If Manuel puts Koch in, drastic measures will be taken to ensure that Jerry Manuel's life comes to an end.

"You rang?"

I hope the USA Today doesn't come after us for leaching bandwidth,why don't you e-mail me that image and I will convert it so it is hosted on our server.

:)

FJA
07-24-2003, 10:45 PM

"You rang?"

If we make it to the bottom of the 12th, I will not be surprised if this very thing happens.

voodoochile
Does anyone know if Sandy is banged up tonight? It's the only thing I can think of to explain some of these decisions.

If not, then Manuel really is a moron...

ChiSox7
If this offense doesn't hit HRs they just aren't going to score very much unless it is giftwrapped for them (i.e. last night)

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by daver
Bitching about Olivo at the plate is pointless as far as I am concerned.

I couldn't agree more. Olivo will be an excellent hitter someday, but for now, his role on this team is to provide a defensive presence behind the plate, a role which he has fulfilled beautifully. He has thrown out so many base-runners this season that Josh Paul, Sandy Alomar, and Mark Johnson would not have been able to. His defense has saved Sox pitchers several runs. As far as I'm concerned, he should start for the remainder of the season, and Manuel shouldn't even think about taking him out.

ChiSox7
07-24-2003, 10:47 PM
BTW, for what its worth, Toronto has the 3rd worst bullpen.......in the MAJORS

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 10:51 PM
I hope the USA Today doesn't come after us for leaching bandwidth,why don't you e-mail me that image and I will convert it so it is hosted on our server.

What's your email address? I'll send it as an attachment. Thanks!

Daver
07-24-2003, 10:53 PM
What's your email address? I'll send it as an attachment. Thanks!

daver@whitesoxinteractive.com

ChiSox7
07-24-2003, 10:54 PM
The thing about having such a horrible lower part of the order is going into this top half of the inning, we already have 2 outs....

(heres to hoping this is some reverse mojo and Crede or Olivo can get lucky and run into a fastball)

adsit
07-24-2003, 10:54 PM
If this offense doesn't hit HRs they just aren't going to score very much unless it is giftwrapped for them (i.e. last night)

Garland pitched well enough to win this game... I'm not too happy with our run production either. Only one ground rule double (and, for those of you watching this, what happened there?) out of 11 innings?

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by adsit
Garland pitched well enough to win this game... I'm not too happy with our run production either. Only one ground rule double (and, for those of you watching this, what happened there?) out of 11 innings?

the Blue Jays have 4 freakin' hits...

This game should already be over. Good thing it is a short flight home and they save the hour...

adsit
07-24-2003, 10:57 PM
The thing about having such a horrible lower part of the order is going into this top half of the inning, we already have 2 outs....

(heres to hoping this is some reverse mojo and Crede or Olivo can get lucky and run into a fastball)

working so far... keep it up! :smile:

dllrbll7
07-24-2003, 11:01 PM
What the hell is wrong with manuel. twice bunting with 2 strikes with the leadoff man on

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 11:01 PM
the Blue Jays have 4 freakin' hits...

This game should already be over. Good thing it is a short flight home and they save the hour...

I hope Manuel doesn't use this as an exuse to rest any of the starters tomorrow. I'm dreading seeing the lineup.

"The game dragged on forever last night. I don't know why that happened. But anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to rest Frank and Magglio so they won't get worn down."

:hurt :maggs

"Like PHG said, 'on this team, if you're good, you don't play.'"

FJA
07-24-2003, 11:02 PM
1) Why is Miguel Olivo batting in the 12th inning?
2) Why is Miguel Olivo bunting?
3) Why is Miguel Olivo bunting with two strikes?

Can anyone get a smilie with a boxing glove toward this guy------->:jerry

ChiSox7
I don't care what Olivo is, or where he hits, he is a bad player except for defense. Bad mentally, bad at the plate, bad in the fundamentals. It's embarrassing. People in SINGLE A, rookie ball can bunt the ball. I'm tired of it. He's worse than a pitcher.

siugrad25
How can this team be so miserable when it comes to putting down a simple bunt???? Are you kidding me... We DON'T do the little things... This is pissing me off... COME ON!!!

dllrbll7
07-24-2003, 11:04 PM
This is pathetic. why cant we manufacture runs

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 11:06 PM
All of this is just more proof that Manuel needs to be fired. Other teams have no trouble bunting or moving runners over. The Sox rarely do those things properly, and that's a direct reflection of both the farm system and the manager. I don't know who is currently in charge of the farm system, but he needs to be fired, and Manuel needs to be fired because he isn't working with players during Spring Training in order to make sure they know what they're doing.

Saracen
07-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Good lord, does anyone have anything good to say? This team has won 6 in a row and has a 50/50 chance of winning tonight. How bout some positivity? :?:

FJA
07-24-2003, 11:07 PM
All of this is just more proof that Manuel needs to be fired. Other teams have no trouble bunting or moving runners over. The Sox rarely do those things properly, and that's a direct reflection of both the farm system and the manager. I don't know who is currently in charge of the farm system, but he needs to be fired, and Manuel needs to be fired because he isn't working with players during Spring Training in order to make sure they know what they're doing.

We have a lot of talent, but this is the kind of game a MANAGER can make a difference in. And let me tell you, if we do win this game, it is most definitely IN SPITE of Jerry Manuel's dumb managing.

Corkinator
07-24-2003, 11:08 PM
When is the last time anyone saw two position players strike out bunting in one game?

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Saracen
Good lord, does anyone have anything good to say? This team has won 6 in a row and has a 50/50 chance of winning tonight. How bout some positivity? :?:

It's difficult to be positive when the manager continues to lead his team to the brink of total disaster.

ssang
07-24-2003, 11:09 PM
Serious Question: Have you ever seen a worse "small ball" ballclub than this year's White Sox?

My answer is NO. This is the worst fundamentaly sound team I can ever recall.

FJA
07-24-2003, 11:11 PM
Serious Question: Have you ever seen a worse "small ball" ballclub than this year's White Sox?

My answer is NO. This is the worst fundamentaly sound team I can ever recall.

Nope ... I think it's Farmer who points this out on a regular basis.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 11:11 PM
I hope Toronto puts Acevedo in so those two guys who hit behind Carlos Lee in the lineup can pound him. That might be the only way the Sox can win this game, because nothing else is working.

ChiSox7
07-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Marte or Gordon better not pitch for two days. I don't care who we see out there.

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Saracen

I am POSITIVE that Jerry Manuel is a dumbass...

That good enough for you? :)

Gumshoe
WE must give Gordon and Marte credit. Marte is flippin' phenomenal. I really think he's in the top 3 lefty relievers in the league, if not the best.

Well, another inning. This win would be HUGE.

Garland solid. One good possibility:

We play well at the end of a season, when it matters. IN a city where starts are everything (see Cubs), it's good to see we've come back a bit and are at least giving a tough team trouble on the road.

Gum

RKMeibalane
I think we've just entered the Twilight Zone.

:reese

There. I needed to see something that would make me feel better.

FJA
07-24-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
WE must give Gordon and Marte credit. Marte is flippin' phenomenal. I really think he's in the top 3 lefty relievers in the league, if not the best.

Well, another inning. This win would be HUGE.

Garland solid. One good possibility:

We play well at the end of a season, when it matters. IN a city where starts are everything (see Cubs), it's good to see we've come back a bit and are at least giving a tough team trouble on the road.

Gum

Absolutely, this win would be HUGE if for no other reason than these are the games we routinely lose.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe

Agreed. The Sox would have lost this game if not for Marte and Gordon. Those two have been awesome since the 'Break.

Daver
07-24-2003, 11:17 PM
All of this is just more proof that Manuel needs to be fired. Other teams have no trouble bunting or moving runners over. The Sox rarely do those things properly, and that's a direct reflection of both the farm system and the manager. I don't know who is currently in charge of the farm system,

Bob Fontaine Jr. is in charge of the farm system,and he along with KW are trying to fix the mistakes made by the prior regime,it takes some time to undo eight years worth of idiocy though.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 11:17 PM
:tomatoaward

This game should never have gotten to this point.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 11:19 PM
Bob Fontaine Jr. is in charge of the farm system,and he along with KW are trying to fix the mistakes made by the prior regime,it takes some time to undo eight years worth of idiocy though.

I see. It seems like I learn something new each day about about bad of a general manager Ron Scheuler was. Drafting his daughter is just one example of his incompetence.

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 11:19 PM
Frank THAT WAS HUGE!

3-2 Sox...

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 11:20 PM
Frank THAT WAS HUGE!

3-2 Sox...

Four hundred?

Corkinator
07-24-2003, 11:22 PM
I'm following the game on the internet. Do the Sox have anyone warming up?

Soxfan7070
07-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Four hundred?

RBI single...Lee scores on hit...
Now Thomas scores on a Ordonez hit...4-2

siugrad25
07-24-2003, 11:23 PM
I'm begging you.... no Billy Koch!!!!!!!!!

Shoeless Joe
07-24-2003, 11:23 PM
It's over. Unless.... :bkoch:

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 11:24 PM
Four hundred?

No, basehit up the middle after a leadoff double by Carlos...

In answer to the next post, Rick White is warming up.

Magglio with a double of his own and Frank comes all the way around. Maggs trys to get to third and is thrown out in a rundown, but it is 4-2 Sox...

faneidde
Please tell me Rick White is warming up, I'm tracking the game on the net.

RKMeibalane
Originally posted by Shoeless Joe
It's over. Unless.... :bkoch:

If Manuel values his life, he won't even think about it.

Gumshoe
07-24-2003, 11:25 PM
Shoeless, that is HILARIOUS ... so good

Don't worry, I think he's coming in ... sheesh
(Rick White is the only other possibility)

Gumshoe

duke of dorwood
07-24-2003, 11:25 PM
Way to hit-Maggs-another baserunning gaffe though. Avg over .310 ?

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Way to hit-Maggs-another baserunning gaffe though. Avg over .310 ?

Yeah, must be .314 by now. He is 4-6 or something.

Everett walks. Daubach due up. Pitching change...

WhiteSox = Life
Three White Sox base-running errors in this game. A coupel of them were aggressive, but there's a fine line between aggressive and stupid.

At least the Sox are up. Now, pour it on a little more and let's finish the game with a win!

duke of dorwood
If we dont see Koch tonight, he's tomorrows closer.

Daver
07-24-2003, 11:27 PM
This just in........

Tanyon Sturtze still sucks.

We now return you to your normally programmed schedule.

ChiSox7
Thats a HUGE hit by Frank and Maggs, but there is no reason for Maggs to try and draw the throw because Frank was gonna score easily.....none the less, 2 better be good enough. good job guys

RKMeibalane
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
If we dont see Koch tonight, he's tomorrows closer.

If that's the case, then the Sox need to put up at least ten runs against the D-Rays, because Koch sucks.

voodoochile
Three White Sox base-running errors in this game. A coupel of them were aggressive, but there's a fine line between aggressive and stupid.

At least the Sox are up. Now, pour it on a little more and let's finish the game with a win!

Yeah, I think Maggs thought there would be a play at the plate and tried to get to third, but with no one out, he should have stayed at second.

When the relay guy bobbled it, he couldn't throw home and Maggs was a gone goose...

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I think Maggs thought there would be a play at the plate and tried to get to third, but with no one out, he should have stayed at second.

When the relay guy bobbled it, he couldn't throw home and Maggs was a gone goose...

Frank gets going when he's running, though, so he should've made it easy. That, along with the track being wet and the fielders probably going a bit more tentatively there, Maggs should've stayed put at second, as Thomas probably would've scored.

Anyway. Just finish this game off with a visitor's win, Sox.

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 11:34 PM
Nice hitting the whole inning, which is now over.

Carlos's double was on a 2-0 count. He took an outer half fastball the other way down the RF line. It bounced into the seats foul.

Franks single was right back through the middle after falling behind 0-2.

Maggs was into the RCF gap and went all the way to the wall.

Nice and patient. Not to fancy, lots of success...

doublem23
07-24-2003, 11:35 PM
Rick White in to pitch... Top of the order up for Toronto... Rowand in center.

Let's get this thing!

Corkinator
07-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Top of the order.....breath holding time.

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 11:41 PM
Nice hitting the whole inning, which is now over.

Carlos's double was on a 2-0 count. He took an outer half fastball the other way down the RF line. It bounced into the seats foul.

Franks single was right back through the middle after falling behind 0-2.

Maggs was into the RCF gap and went all the way to the wall.

Nice and patient. Not to fancy, lots of success...

Baseball: A Game of Patience and Inches.

duke of dorwood
07-24-2003, 11:42 PM
KOCH drops another NOTCH on the depth chart

doublem23
07-24-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by koch44
:winner

Let's not jump the gun, pal.

voodoochile
2 outs, Wells just hit a solo shot. Delgado coming up. 4-3 Sox.

duke of dorwood
Now what?

doublem23
Snap... Bear down, Ricky.

ChiSox7
koch44, you better not have jinxed us

koch44
07-24-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Let's not jump the gun, pal.

The damned gameday said strike three. :angry: :angry:

duke of dorwood
07-24-2003, 11:45 PM
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doublem23

4 BACK, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAY-BEE!

koch44

faneidde
JM should bring in Koch to face Delgado. Wouldn't everyone just love that?

voodoochile
Delgado hits one off of White's foot it goes to Alomar and on to first.

SOX WIN!

Okay, Kenny, who's the barber?

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 11:48 PM
How sweet it is!

What tremendous pitching by everybody. Garland did superb, Marte and Gordon did fantastic and hell, even White did all right. He could challenge Wells (though he didn't with a curve, Wells did a great job battling) and gave up a jack, he got the save and the White Sox won.

This is the White Sox baseball we have wanted all year. It may have been a long game, with a rain delay in a stadium with a dome, but it was well worth it!

Go, White Sox!

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 11:50 PM
:sweep :sweep (One for Cleveland too)

I can't take this stuff. I need a nap...

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 11:51 PM
Delgado hits one off of White's foot it goes to Alomar and on to first.

SOX WIN!

Okay, Kenny, who's the barber?

"I'd do it, but it'd probably be a crew-cut, blonde-streaked, mohawk."

"You think I don't love this? Hey, Kenny, I hope you're ready! I'm gonna have me some fun!!!"

flo-B-flo
07-24-2003, 11:55 PM
team win here tonight. 2 over the cub line. 7 in a row!! Garland, Marte,Flash,White held em'. Big Frank great ab. Maggs, Valentin just a great win!!!!!!! :gulp: BEER TASTES GREAT TONIGHT!! 3 more til the bald hawk.

flo-B-flo
07-25-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by faneidde
JM should bring in Koch to face Delgado. Wouldn't everyone just love that? Which bus that runs through Santa Claus would you like to be thrown under?

WhiteSoxWinner
07-25-2003, 12:06 AM
"You think I don't love this? Hey, Kenny, I hope you're ready! I'm gonna have me some fun!!!"

Wait, is Williams shaving his head, too? I heard Hawk say it, but what is this about Kenny?

voodoochile
07-25-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
Wait, is Williams shaving his head, too? I heard Hawk say it, but what is this about Kenny?

Apparently Kenny had a bet about 7 wins in a row...

WhiteSox = Life
07-25-2003, 12:09 AM
Well, according to this post (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=213840#post213840), Kenny is supposed to shave his head, also.

If KW really said this, let's hope he follows his word... WSI can always use more tags!

:D: