PDA

View Full Version : anybody catch this?


longshot7
07-24-2003, 04:41 PM
from the Trib:

Hendry's heists may help Cubs hoist title flag
July 23, 2003
Kenny Lofton, a man who wears a silver "K" pendant around his neck, and Aramis Ramirez, a man who bears the noble name of one of the Three Musketeers, suited up Wednesday for their first game as Cubs.


are you kidding me? Talk about spin doctorin'....

dickallen15
07-24-2003, 04:49 PM
I think Downey's working on his Christmas bonus early.

cheeses_h_rice
07-24-2003, 04:49 PM
Yeah, someone mentioned it in another thread.

So shocked to see this sort of thing in the Cubune...

And yeah, 0-2 since the big deal -- glad it's working out for them!

bobj4400
07-24-2003, 04:51 PM
If everything goes well this weekend, the Cubs could be selling off some veterans next week.

fquaye149
07-24-2003, 05:17 PM
regardless of the spin it was a good trade. i mean they got a little something for nothing.

harwar
07-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
regardless of the spin it was a good trade. i mean they got a little something for nothing.

I guess we'll see.All i heard for months after the trade with florida is how the cubs fleeced the marlins.No one is saying that anymore.

soxwon
07-24-2003, 06:24 PM
off the cubs roster who would you like to see the sox aquire for the stretch?
id say a pitcher or 2 could help.

longshot7
07-24-2003, 06:30 PM
regardless of whether or not a good trade -

the headline is unbelievable. Predicting a world series win after getting a third baseman is ludicrous.

doublem23
07-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Damn, Mike Downey is quickly becoming the biggest tool the Trib's had since Skip Bayless...

What a shmuck.

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Damn, Mike Downey is quickly becoming the biggest tool the Trib's had since Skip Bayless...

What a shmuck.

And since his first article, he's become very Cubcentric.

He said he was a White Sox fan, in his first article, too. If he is (was) one, he's certainly not showing it now. Talk about a red herring!

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
And since his first article, he's become very Cubcentric.

He said he was a White Sox fan, in his first article, too. If he is (was) one, he's certainly not showing it now. Talk about a red herring!

:reinsy
"Did someone say red herring?"

JJAustin69
07-24-2003, 10:58 PM
Downey is completely boring garbage. They haven't had a decent writer since Lincicome.

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
:reinsy
"Did someone say red herring?"

:XL
"Did someone say HELLMAN'S (http://www.hellmanns.com/)!?!"