PDA

View Full Version : Marrioti getting his facts messed up again

FoulTerritory
07-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Anyone else notice that Marrioti said in todays article that, because Kenny Lofton was a big fan of the 84 Cubs team growing up, it is a good omen for the cubs because that was the last time they were in the NLCS . . . . hey Jay, ever heard of the 1989 Cubs vs. SF NLCS? The one where Will Clark made the cub pitching staff look like children?

FoulTerritory
07-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by FoulTerritory
Anyone else notice that Marrioti said in todays article that, because Kenny Lofton was a big fan of the 84 Cubs team growing up, it is a good omen for the cubs because that was the last time they were in the NLCS . . . . hey Jay, ever heard of the 1989 Cubs vs. SF NLCS? The one where Will Clark made the cub pitching staff look like children?

Protecting myself from looking stupid here. . . just noticed that on the internet version, they've edited Marriotis mistake that was in the print version. Now says lofton's 84 admiration is good omen cause that was the last good shot the scrubs at at reaching the WS.

Hangar18
07-24-2003, 05:26 PM
I dont like Kenny Lofton anymore....

bobj4400
07-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Anybody else find it interesting that last year Lofton was a 'cancer' and a terrible person in the White Sox clubhouse, but now he is considered a 'great' centerfielder and will be an important part of the Cubs push to the playoffs?

Once again, Julie Swieca is the only consistent voice on the topic, as she said on the air the other day that Lofton was an a**.

FJA
07-24-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Before he became a White Sox cancer, I seem to remember a lot of talk last year about Lofton coming home to the team he grew up watching (meaning, of course, the Sox). Am I imagining this?

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Before he became a White Sox cancer, I seem to remember a lot of talk last year about Lofton coming home to the team he grew up watching (meaning, of course, the Sox). Am I imagining this?

No, you're not. Lofton said many times last season that he grew up a Sox fan. Now, suddenly, he says he was a Cubs fan. Which is it, Kenny? You can't have it both ways.

Boy, am I glad this turd is gone.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2003, 07:27 PM

I miss Will Clark. He was always one of my favorite players. The fact that he destroyed Cubs pitching every year certainly didn't hurt.

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
No, you're not. Lofton said many times last season that he grew up a Sox fan. Now, suddenly, he says he was a Cubs fan. Which is it, Kenny? You can't have it both ways.

Boy, am I glad this turd is gone.

:lofton
"Hey, if I want it two ways, then I'll take it both ways! Besides, *wink* I was always truly a Yankees fan."

:o:

All Kenny wants is to feel welcome. Just give him a week before he decides he wasn't truly welcome on the Cubs.

:D:

Thunderstruck30
07-25-2003, 12:55 AM
I do remember Lofton saying he grew up watching the Sox and how he got tickets for his whole family when he came to the Sox. Maybe he was one of those people thats a fan of both teams.

adsit
07-25-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
I do remember Lofton saying he grew up watching the Sox and how he got tickets for his whole family when he came to the Sox. Maybe he was one of those people thats a fan of both teams.

You mean like Ray Rayner used to do, with that two-sided cap he wore?

Dave

gosox41
07-25-2003, 01:12 AM

:moron
I either get the facts wrong or just make them up, whichever is more convenient. Speaking of which, it's time to go write a negative article on Frank. His lack of hitting during Thursday night's game caused it go 13 innings. Also, him and JR are responsible for the fact that there's been so much rain in Chicago this summer.

Bob

Reichardt
07-25-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by adsit
You mean like Ray Rayner used to do, with that two-sided cap he wore?

Dave

I think I remember Kenny saying that he was a big fan of Chelveston the duck.

adsit
07-25-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Reichardt
I think I remember Kenny saying that he was a big fan of Chelveston the duck.

That was before he was traded to the Romberg Rabbits...

Dave

guillen4life13
07-25-2003, 12:21 PM
I'm gonna set the record straight on Lofton's childhood allegiances.

While he was with the Sox, he went on the record and said that he grew up a Cubs fan... BUT, he never saw a game at Wrigley field, and went to the Sox games because Comiskey was much closer and much more convenient to get to. He just wanted to go see some big league games!

Lay off the man!