PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Wood

MetalliSox
07-24-2003, 02:55 PM
As much as I try to convince myself that I don't care about the Cubs except for 6 games, I get a kick out of watching Carrie Wood lose it and give up a grand slam and leave the game with men on base.
He threw his glove in the stands. Poor baby. Ah ha!

bobj4400
07-24-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
As much as I try to convince myself that I don't care about the Cubs except for 6 games, I get a kick out of watching Carrie Wood lose it and give up a grand slam and leave the game with men on base.
He threw his glove in the stands. Poor baby. Ah ha!

Santo and Hughes are making excuses for him already. Supposedly he hurt his back running the bases last inning. Of course the great Carrie (I like the spelling) Wood couldnt get beat up by a good offensive team...it must be an injury that caused this.

Meixner007
07-24-2003, 02:59 PM
and you know the flub fans will leave saying, "did you see that? That was awsome. He threw his glove in the crowd. What a nice guy. You wouldn't see that on the south side."

CHISOXFAN13
07-24-2003, 03:06 PM
Unless good ole' Koch is on the mound.

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 03:06 PM
Isn't this the second time this year he has done that?

Iwritecode
07-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Isn't this the second time this year he has done that?

Thrown his glove into the stands or given up a grannie?

Hangar18
07-24-2003, 03:12 PM
I was in my car and he was wild and willy with Thome up to bat.
with first and third......had it been a Pirate or a Red at bat....
Carrie wouldve thrown way out of the box, and the batter gotten himself out.....and Santo/Hughes wouldve said how Great Carrie is....Magnificent K and such. Instead....Thome let himself get walked, and I said to myself.... kid carrie is going to outpsyche
himself and come hard to Abreu and we'll see a Grand Slam....
That was Awesome. The bullpen Just Imploded.......
Santo is moaning and groaning .......Saying hes "never seen anything like this". they were happy and chipper but now are
down and out........hee heee

CHISOXFAN13
07-24-2003, 03:16 PM
The best part of the inning was when Santo said it was time to put a position player in on the mound instead of wasting the bullpen. Poor Cubs.

Let's cut this to 4 tonight!!!!!

bobj4400
07-24-2003, 03:16 PM
Scam-me is leading off the next inning...mark my words, now that the game is essentially over, he will hit a home run. Maybe he will even hit another meaningless one in the ninth and everyone will talk about Scam-me's three home run game rather than how the Cubs got killed and Wood got shelled.

bobj4400
07-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Scam-me is leading off the next inning...mark my words, now that the game is essentially over, he will hit a home run. Maybe he will even hit another meaningless one in the ninth and everyone will talk about Scam-me's three home run game rather than how the Cubs got killed and Wood got shelled.

Alright maybe I was wrong...thankfully.

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Thrown his glove into the stands or given up a grannie?

I was refering to the glove tossing. I assume he has given up a grannie before...

thecell
07-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Meixner007
and you know the flub fans will leave saying, "did you see that? That was awsome. He threw his glove in the crowd. What a nice guy. You wouldn't see that on the south side."

That is hilarious!!!

Iwritecode
07-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I was refering to the glove tossing. I assume he has given up a grannie before...

Well, he was the savior before Prior got there...

:)

Chisox353014
07-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Awwwww....sounds wike wittle Kewwy had a weeeel bad day today.

:jerry
"Don't worry kid, i'll buy you some ice cream later. What flavor do you like, Rocky Road?

cheeses_h_rice
07-24-2003, 03:48 PM
CHICAGO CUBS 7TH
-Bottom of the 7th inning
-A Gonzalez singled to right.
-D Miller singled to left, A Gonzalez to second.
-H Choi homered to center, A Gonzalez and D Miller scored.
-D Plesac relieved V Padilla.
-K Lofton grounded out to first.
-J Michaels in left field.
-C Silva relieved D Plesac.
-M Grudzielanek singled to center.
-S Sosa grounded into double play, third to second to first, M Grudzielanek out at second.

SAM-MY! SAM-MY! SAM-MY!

JJAustin69
07-24-2003, 07:17 PM
Stonie and Chimp were making excuses for Wood on TV too, saying that he must have gotten tired down in the heat and humidity in Florida. Uh-huh sure.

doublem23
07-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by JJAustin69
Stonie and Chimp were making excuses for Wood on TV too, saying that he must have gotten tired down in the heat and humidity in Florida. Uh-huh sure.

Makes you wonder how those Marlins have a better record than the Cubs, eh?

*****! Turds.

Note to Chimp and Stone-y... Wood is from ****ing Texas.

Jerko
07-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Did "God" Wood throw his glove into the stands, or did he just levitate it up there since he IS all powerful and everlasting? Or did he need Jesus Prior's help?

voodoochile
07-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Did "God" Wood throw his glove into the stands, or did he just levitate it up there since he IS all powerful and everlasting? Or did he need Jesus Prior's help?

In fairness, he didn't throw it into the crowd hard, he tossed it to a guy who was sitting with his kid.

Remember when Bo used to snap his bats over his leg after a strikeout?

Thunderstruck30
07-24-2003, 11:42 PM
I love watching Cub games when something like this happens. I always get a good laugh. :D:

WhiteSox = Life
07-24-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
I love watching Cub games when something like this happens. I always get a good laugh. :D:

How's the quote go? "Levity is the key to life" or something like that?

No wonder Cubs fans live so long!

:D:

Hangar18
07-25-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30

Me Too. I love hearing the crowd moaning and groaning
after each hit. I love to hear the crowd groan after each 2run
double. I love the look on Dustys face when a Cardinal homer
sails out of club wrigley like a little white marble shooting
out of a toilet bowl .......

LuvSox
07-25-2003, 08:23 AM
Why is it that so many of you profess to hate the Cubbies, but always watch or listen to the games? The sound of their announcers make we want to vomit. So does the sight of those dorks in their "Jammies."

southsidegirl
07-25-2003, 12:48 PM
ScRub fans don't care as long as somebody good is singing the 7th innning stretch.

Hangar18
07-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Why is it that so many of you profess to hate the Cubbies, but always watch or listen to the games? The sound of their announcers make we want to vomit. So does the sight of those dorks in their "Jammies."

I like to watch them L-O-S-E. it really is pretty fun, and somewhat therapeutic. I always want to see the looks on the medias faces.....just as down and out as the foolish fans that
go there day in and day out

maurice
07-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by JJAustin69

They must have heard that from Dusty Baker.

White boy can throw the heat, but he can't take the heat.

bobj4400
07-30-2003, 02:23 PM
...is getting shelled again!

I am giddy like a school girl!

chuckn98229
07-30-2003, 02:39 PM
Man, I miss getting to hear Ronnie moaning and groaning when the flubbies flounder. I used to listen when I lived in Chicago because it was indeed enjoyable and therapeutic. Thanks for keeping us out-of-towners informed!