PDA

View Full Version : BBTN Scuffle

Meixner007
07-23-2003, 09:47 PM
I think Harold Reynolds and Boston Gammons are really gonna start to throw punches....and it's over the pirates of all teams...no joke. Anybody else watching?

LuvSox
07-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I wasted my time watching two brain dead stiffs fighting over the Pirates. At least a good Simpsons is on now.

"It's like a freakin' country bear jamberoo around here." Homer.

Nick@Nite
07-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Meixner007
I think Harold Reynolds and Boston Gammons are really gonna start to throw punches....and it's over the pirates of all teams...no joke. Anybody else watching?

Yeah... I was watching too! Gammons was hot. He was saying emphatically that the Pirates stink.

What I thought was funniest of all was Trey Wingo trying to be peacemaker... hilarious!

1951Campbell
07-23-2003, 10:09 PM
:boston

"Harold, as s-s-s-soon as I st-st-st-stop stuttering, imma p-p-p-punch you!"

VeeckAsInWreck
07-23-2003, 11:47 PM
During the Sox/Jays highlights, Trey Wingo said "Carlos Lee stuck on 16 HR's......not anymore"

Note to Trey Wingo: Carlos Lee hit a HR yesterday, I don't know if a few innings of baseball qualifies as being "stuck"

A.T. Money
07-24-2003, 12:02 AM
Yeah I saw that too. Gammons needs to chill out. Reynolds was saying that they have no players to draw fans. Gammons was saying the guys that were there sucked anyway, so what's the difference.

All Reynolds was saying is that no matter what players were there, they sucked. So if you're going to trade someone that another team thinks is valuable, then get something for it!

Lip Man 1
07-24-2003, 12:11 AM
Good the Pirates can now trade Jeff Suppan to the White Sox for some double A kid.

Lip

A.T. Money
07-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Good the Pirates can now trade Jeff Suppan to the White Sox for some double A kid.

Lip

I wouldn't mind that.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
I wouldn't mind that.

Ditto!

I was on the Jeff Suppan bandwagon last winter. Hopefully we can get him cheap!

MHOUSE
07-24-2003, 12:20 AM
Reynolds made a great analysis (I thought) of how setting up for Rivera helps Benitez go after hitters and be more aggressive. He doesn't have to worry about being perfect and not blowing the game because Rivera is there to cover for him. Pretty good segement I thought.

DonkeyKongerko
07-24-2003, 01:31 AM
I believe Gammons said something close to:

"The Cubs are building a team that could win a World Series in the next couple years"

I already knew he was nuts. Just more fuel for the fire.

jeremyb1
07-24-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

haha, like jeremy reed?

southpaw40
07-24-2003, 07:54 AM
Am I paranoid because I'm a Sox fan, or am I too thin-skinned? Did anyone else hear Harold Reynolds say on the first BBTN that the throw to Alomar by Crede to save a run was "lucky"? I've heard him rave numerous times about fine defensive plays made by other teams, but he chooses to diss the Sox! I think he's just trying to stay with his theme of the Sox being a bad defensive team, and not giving credit when due!

bobj4400
07-24-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by southpaw40
Am I paranoid because I'm a Sox fan, or am I too thin-skinned? Did anyone else hear Harold Reynolds say on the first BBTN that the throw to Alomar by Crede to save a run was "lucky"? I've heard him rave numerous times about fine defensive plays made by other teams, but he chooses to diss the Sox! I think he's just trying to stay with his theme of the Sox being a bad defensive team, and not giving credit when due!

It was a pretty lucky play. Crede made a real bad throw, and Sandy saved him with a "look what I found" catch...

fquaye149
07-24-2003, 08:36 AM
harold, i'll say this for him, he is all about the sox in 03. he pitches them as his central divis' pick whenever he gets the chance. meanwhile gammons is firmly positioned on the twins' knob so you know how that goes.

on another note, maybe we can get kip wells back!

Clarkdog
07-24-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by southpaw40

In the end it was a Web Gem. So who cares what Reynolds thinks. What's important is that it was a big out in that ball game. It was a real bang bang play - your going to need some luck on those sometimes.

moochpuppy
07-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
I believe Gammons said something close to:

"The Cubs are building a team that could win a World Series in the next couple years"

New Cub fan slogan, "Wait till the next couple years."