PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

kevingrt
07-23-2003, 09:32 PM
We are one game above the Scrubs in the win column, LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY :gulp:

Konerkoholic
07-23-2003, 09:33 PM
That's awesome! The Sox better get all the media coverage tonight. The "mighty" Cub attack was shut out. :D:

Thunderstruck30
07-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
That's awesome! The Sox better get all the media coverage tonight. The "mighty" Cub attack was shut out. :D:

Are you kidding? The Sox will never get all the media coverage. And why do people on ESPN keep calling them the "new look" Cubs? Is it because they now have a crappy fielding 3rd baseman and a has been centerfielder?

doublem23
07-23-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Are you kidding? The Sox will never get all the media coverage. And why do people on ESPN keep calling them the "new look" Cubs? Is it because they now have a crappy fielding 3rd baseman and a has been centerfielder?

Because they replaced a has-been third baseman and a crappy centerfielder.

gosox41
07-24-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
We are one game above the Scrubs in the win column, LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY :gulp:

Cubs were the lead sports story on NBC news. They even had a picture of Sosa hugging the players as they came in "his house." I'm sure that wasn't rigged.

Bob

mandmandm
07-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Mike Downey has Jim Hendry's crap in that big bushy mustache of his after this morning's article.

MetalliSox
07-24-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt

Odd, I thought we were chasing the Royals in the standings. Aren't the Cubs in the NATIONAL LEAGUE Central Division?

Dan H
07-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Odd, I thought we were chasing the Royals in the standings. Aren't the Cubs in the NATIONAL LEAGUE Central Division?

In reality, the Sox are always chasing the Cubs whether they like it or not. I, for one, am always happy when the Sox have a better record. That doesn't make it a great season though. I still want a World Series and nothing less.

On Mike Downey: There was a big hoopla when the Tribune hired him. Why I don't know. So far he hasn't written anything worth reading.

Iwritecode
07-24-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30

The Sox were the lead story on BBTN. Mostly, I think, because of the pitcher they were facing though...

Anyway, I don't really care if the Sox have a bettter or worse record at any point in the season. I'm only worrying about KC right now. I'll also cheer for St. Louis and Houston every once in awhile... :D:

bobj4400
07-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Dan H
In reality, the Sox are always chasing the Cubs whether they like it or not. I, for one, am always happy when the Sox have a better record. That doesn't make it a great season though. I still want a World Series and nothing less.

On Mike Downey: There was a big hoopla when the Tribune hired him. Why I don't know. So far he hasn't written anything worth reading.

I didnt hear the hoopla, but I agree with you. He is the worst columnist in this city. He might even be worse than the one week wonder, Michael Holley.