PDA

View Full Version : Berman Bashed Elsewhere

maurice
07-23-2003, 05:28 PM
Here's something you should know about Berman: You might like him if you met him, just like if you met Harold Reynolds you might like him. Berman's a good person, far less pretentious than many of his colleagues (or mine, for that matter). And he would not bluster out a "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" if he were among a small group of friends. I think. But put him in front of a camera, and he cannot resist the urge. Worse, he believes that you really want to hear him say those lines, as if scratching a chalkboard with fingernails is really a desirable sound. . . .

Link (http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/6363310.htm)

Gumshoe
07-23-2003, 05:40 PM
MO:

Truly, Berman is way out of style and he is getting flat out annoying. If he tones it down and just reports the news with a few of the things that made him famous, that'd be fine.

Actually, who is worse is that lazy ass eyed guy Stuart Scott. Can anyone else back me here? He's TERRIBLE. He tries to be all cool and hip with his sayings, acting like he's a hip-hop icon. These guys get a little exposure and they start doing REALLY asinine stuff. Some you can see it as an extension of personality (Kenny Mayne) but for others (Scott and Berman) it's getting forced and OLD.

Gumshoe

FJA
07-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Gumshoe
MO:

Truly, Berman is way out of style and he is getting flat out annoying. If he tones it down and just reports the news with a few of the things that made him famous, that'd be fine.

Actually, who is worse is that lazy ass eyed guy Stuart Scott. Can anyone else back me here? He's TERRIBLE. He tries to be all cool and hip with his sayings, acting like he's a hip-hop icon. These guys get a little exposure and they start doing REALLY asinine stuff. Some you can see it as an extension of personality (Kenny Mayne) but for others (Scott and Berman) it's getting forced and OLD.

Gumshoe

Scott is awful ... I saw a gleam in his eye when he was talking about Kobe's accuser's possible "overdose." (One thing in particular I can't stand is his obsession with Kobe.)

Besides that, he's annoying anyway ... has anyone ever seen the SNL skit where Tim Meadows plays Stuart Scott and Ray Romano is the new guy on SportsCenter ... hilarious skit.

Hullett_Fan
07-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Like the author, I to questioned why Berman was on the Stanley Cup pre, intermission and post game reports. He brought nothing to the telecasts and just having him there was an insult to John Saunders (much better and more professional studio then Berman will ever be).

fquaye149
07-23-2003, 07:25 PM
whatchou talkin' bout? studogg get jiggy booyah.

can i get a sweet sassy molassy?

lol

StepsInSC
07-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149

lol

ahahaha hilarious. I had forgotten about that skit, classic.

BOOYAH

Lip Man 1
07-23-2003, 08:52 PM
You should forward that column to John Jackson of the Sun Times

He's the guy who defended Berman for ripping Sox fans last week.

Lip

Thunderstruck30
07-24-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149

lol

Hey try not to shoot that puck up my pooper. But he said Ill shoot that puck wherever I want and if that happens to be up your pooper, so be it. Haha hilarious skit.

soxnut
07-24-2003, 01:23 AM
The guy I wish would totally go away is Dan Schulman. He has this thing when he talks thats sounds like he is putting a hard D sound in alot of his words.

ex:" The badder is oudt on the pitdch and thde runnerd advadnces dto second. Stdayd tunedd dto edspnd for dbaseballd dtonight adfter dthe ballddgame."

Does anyone else notice that about him?

When he calls a game on the radio......I can't stand to listen, at least on tv I can turn down the sound.

That guy drives me crazy. :(: :whiner: