PDA

View Full Version : Which scenario....?

mack10zie
07-23-2003, 05:16 PM
Ok, now which scenario would you most like to see play out the next two games. I'm gonna assume that we all want the Sox to take both of their games, so if they do, would you rather see.....

A) Twins win 2

Hey, only three games out, always wanna gain ground on the front runners.

B) Split

Hey, we gain a game on both of our closest competitors, create some distance from the hot Twins and still gain on the front runners who we play very soon.

C) Royals win 2

I still don't believe in the Royals, I think the Twins are our main competition for the division and I want to create as much distance as possible between us and them.

fquaye149
07-23-2003, 06:15 PM
twins win 2

since that's what going to happen, you might as well hope for it soy ou won't be disappointed

DirtySouthsider
07-23-2003, 07:10 PM
I would like to see the Royals win both.....assuming the Sox take 2 from the Jays. I would perfer to put some space between the Sox and Twins.....then go after the Royals. Especially since we have more games coming up against the Royals.

MarqSox
07-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
I would like to see the Royals win both.....assuming the Sox take 2 from the Jays. I would perfer to put some space between the Sox and Twins.....then go after the Royals. Especially since we have more games coming up against the Royals.

It may be shortsighted, but closer to first place can never hurt.

DirtySouthsider
07-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

It may be shortsighted, but closer to first place can never hurt.

Yes I can't argue with that, but the Twins still make me nervous. If we can put some space between us and them and just concentrate on catching one team then I think that's the easier way to go.

Thunderstruck30
07-24-2003, 01:06 AM
I think the Twins are the main rival in this division, but Id rather have the Sox closer to first so Ill say Twins win 2.

fuzzy_patters
07-24-2003, 02:12 AM
Since the Twins play the easiest schedule for the rest of the season, I say a Royals sweep would most benefit the Sox.

DonkeyKongerko
07-24-2003, 02:29 AM
I just can't bring myself to vote. Rooting for either of these teams is just asking for it.

Meixner007
07-24-2003, 03:01 AM
My gut feeling is to root against the team that is front of you. Right now that is KC. Even though the twins have an easy schedule, who knows what could happen. "That's why they play the games."

fquaye149
07-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
twins win 2

since that's what going to happen, you might as well hope for it soy ou won't be disappointed

well color me stupid

Clarkdog
07-24-2003, 10:05 AM
With this bunch, we should just worry about taking care of our own business. I think the minute the Sox start to scoreboard watch, they start to slide. That is the curse of this team, the minute they know they are in a race they start to play stupidly, once they are out of it they relax and play to their capability.

Don't worry about them (Royals, Twins). Concentrate on the games that the Sox are playing, that is all they can control.

JRIG
07-24-2003, 02:12 PM
I want to see the Royals bury the Twins. We have 13 games left against KC to take care of our own business. The Twins are a better team than KC, and the further up on them we are the better.

mack10zie
07-24-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
With this bunch, we should just worry about taking care of our own business. I think the minute the Sox start to scoreboard watch, they start to slide. That is the curse of this team, the minute they know they are in a race they start to play stupidly, once they are out of it they relax and play to their capability.

Don't worry about them (Royals, Twins). Concentrate on the games that the Sox are playing, that is all they can control.

Now I don't want the team to start scoreboard watching at this point in the season, but I think that as a fan it's only natural to do a whole lot of scoreboard watching, it's part of being a fan of a team in a race IMO. I don't want our players worrying about it, but I don't see anything wrong with us worrying about it.

fquaye149
07-24-2003, 06:22 PM
i think scoreboard watching couldn't hurt the damn sox. if anything it might light a fire under their ass...and it looks like it already might have