PDA

View Full Version : For two days...

delben91
07-23-2003, 11:24 AM
For the next two days, I'm a twins fan. Faced with the prospect of either minnesota or kansas city losing, I have to pull for the twins.

Granted, I consider the twins much more of a rival for the division title, but we have to get close to the top of the division to even compete for the title at all. So, for the sake of immediacy and totally ignoring the "long term" of the next two months, I say...in lowercase...go twins.

But much more importantly...

GO SOX!!

CHISOXFAN13
07-23-2003, 11:39 AM
The Twins have a very easy schedule down the stretch, and we play KC 13 more times. I wouldn't be completely upset with a split of that series or KC sweep.

Fact is, we'll probably have to win 8 or 9 of the 13 against KC to win this division anyway.

booter14
07-23-2003, 11:57 AM
Its way too early to be watching the scoreboard. The Sox need to play themselves back into the race before they can wish for help from other teams. If they can't at least spilt the Jays series then the last five days mean nothing.

However, I would rather KC take two and put some distance between us and the Twinkies. Its always tougher to jump two teams. The Twin schedule is extremely easy down the stretch, and they are still the more dangerous team even at 5.5 games back.

doublem23
07-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by booter14
Its way too early to be watching the scoreboard. The Sox need to play themselves back into the race before they can wish for help from other teams. If they can't at least spilt the Jays series then the last five days mean nothing.

However, I would rather KC take two and put some distance between us and the Twinkies. Its always tougher to jump two teams. The Twin schedule is extremely easy down the stretch, and they are still the more dangerous team even at 5.5 games back.

I agree. Unlike some, neither the Twins nor the Royals really put the fear of God into my heart. As long as the Sox keep doing their thing, we'll be good.

We have 62 games to make up 5. No worries. Go Sox!

Konerkoholic
07-23-2003, 10:39 PM
I can never, ever root for the Twins. I hate them more than I have ever hated a sports team in my life, with the possible exception of the Utah Jazz back in '98. Their fans are horrible, and their players like to pick fights. I'd rather have the Twins fall off the face of the earth and have the Sox take care of KC themselves.

A.T. Money
07-24-2003, 12:38 PM
I don't want to root for the Twins. I'd much rather have KC or anyone bury them as long as we're winning and keeping up. I'd rather have to worry about one team than two teams. If the Twins are getting buried, then it's one team we're looking up at. We have 13 games vs. the Royals. I think we only have 6 left with Minnesota.

Tavarin
07-24-2003, 01:10 PM
I'm personally rooting for KC, because they have a much harder schedule than the Twins do for the rest of the season, so I think it will end up being easier to catch KC than it would be to catch the Twinkies.