PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listening to Murphy this morning?

gosox41
07-23-2003, 09:58 AM
I can understand all the talk about the Cubs trade, especially in this town. But Murphy officially reached new lows when he called Lofton a "Premier leadoff hitter." Talk about drinking your Cubby Kool Aid. The trade was good for the Cubs because theygave up nothing and Ramirez has some offensive potential and Lofton should remain interested because he likes Baker. But I hardly consider Lofton a "Premier leadoff hitter."

Bob

bobj4400
07-23-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I can understand all the talk about the Cubs trade, especially in this town. But Murphy officially reached new lows when he called Lofton a "Premier leadoff hitter." Talk about drinking your Cubby Kool Aid. The trade was good for the Cubs because theygave up nothing and Ramirez has some offensive potential and Lofton should remain interested because he likes Baker. But I hardly consider Lofton a "Premier leadoff hitter."

Bob

We have been talking about the Cub morning show on the Cubs trade thread...

bobj4400
07-30-2003, 10:53 AM
If you want to hear talk about the Sox win last night, dont tune into the Cub morning show with Murph today. He has said about 5 words about the Sox since I got to work and turned his show on at 8, while having at least 3 reporters call in to talk about the Scrub victory over the Giants.

thecell
07-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Well, it was a pitching "masterpiece" according to Chip Caray.

cheeses_h_rice
07-30-2003, 11:31 AM
Cubs are 3.5 back and in 3rd place.

Sox are now 3 back and in 2nd place, having beaten the team in front of them.

Yes, Clement apparently pitched a gem, but shouldn't the Sox garner at least 40% of the talk time?

Dan H
07-30-2003, 12:03 PM
It's hopeless to listen to Murphy in the morning. I don't mind him giving preference to the Cubs; if I had a show I would do the same for the Sox. But trying to get any insight on the Sox in the morning on his show is not worth the effort. I hardly listen to the Score, but I know tuning into Murph is just like banging your head against the wall. And it doesn't feel better when it stops.