PDA

View Full Version : Frank's Bomb Today

Bucktown
07-23-2003, 02:33 AM
I took off work early to watch the game on WGN this afternnon. Frank's first inning bobmb made me glad I did.

It was an unbelievable shot. As soon as he swung there was NO doubt. It hit the second to last row in left field then bounced onto the concourse.

The best part was when the ball bounced off the seats and an 80 year old lady standing in the concourse snagged it out of the air. It was a great grab and she was thrilled with herself and the attention of everyone near her. I love that stuff.

dickallen15
07-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I took off work early to watch the game on WGN this afternnon. Frank's first inning bobmb made me glad I did.

It was an unbelievable shot. As soon as he swung there was NO doubt. It hit the second to last row in left field then bounced onto the concourse.

The best part was when the ball bounced off the seats and an 80 year old lady standing in the concourse snagged it out of the air. It was a great grab and she was thrilled with herself and the attention of everyone near her. I love that stuff.

I was right behind that lady, she was sitting in the chairs in the handicapped section with her granddaughter. If she didn't get the ball I would have had it, but I'm glad she got it , she was so excited.Family members watching the game called on a cell phone and told her Hawk said a great Sox fan caught the ball. She was loving being a celebrity, and was willing to sell her autograph for $1 each. It was great.

mandmandm
07-23-2003, 09:05 AM
Frank recognized her as a big Sox fan who he has seen at many games and was happy she got it.