PDA

View Full Version : Randar,Kermit,or Vic,help me out here

Daver
07-22-2003, 06:28 PM
When did the Sox move the other Carlos Lee to catcher?

I completely missed it.

Of course I am not exactly the sharpest arrow in the quiver either..........

maurice
07-22-2003, 07:24 PM
IIRC, he was at 3B last year. According to Baseball America's stats, he's played 14 games at Great Falls this season, starting only 3 at catcher, in place of Lisk and Deuchler.

Daver
07-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by maurice
IIRC, he was at 3B last year. According to Baseball America's stats, he's played 14 games at Great Falls this season, starting only 3 at catcher, in place of Lisk and Deuchler.

He is listed on the Great Falls roster as a catcher,not an infielder,which is why I am asking if the move is permenant.

:redneck

Chisoxfn
07-23-2003, 01:05 AM
I think it is a permanent move Dave. Sox are going to go with a 3 man bunch their. I think you'll see one of the catchers get promoted in the coming weeks, most likely Lisk while Deuchler becomes the starter with Lee as the backup.

If I recall, Lisk was with Kannapolis part of last season although he was a huge bust there.

I'd say its a good risk with Lee. With all the talent in the field they might as well try it out.

Vsahajpal
07-23-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by daver
When did the Sox move the other Carlos Lee to catcher?

I completely missed it.

Of course I am not exactly the sharpest arrow in the quiver either..........

I'm told recently. He played in the OF I believe, and may not have the bat for it. Obviously he's got a good arm, and his bat should play at catcher. Good move this early in his career.