PDA

View Full Version : Stats Resetting

Fridaythe13thJason
07-22-2003, 04:26 PM
With intense interleague play these days, doesn't the rule about a players stats resetting to zero when changing leagues via a trade seem a little silly.

Ex. Everett still has all of his stats from Texas
Alomar started fresh when he came from New York.

kermittheefrog
07-22-2003, 04:27 PM
I'd say it's the interleague play that seems silly.

Fridaythe13thJason
07-22-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Do you really think that? At this point in such a long season, I would love to see all the teams. It gets a little old to play the same teams over and over and over again sometimes.

SoxxoS
07-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Do you really think that? At this point in such a long season, I would love to see all the teams. It gets a little old to play the same teams over and over and over again sometimes.

No doubt.

Dadawg_77
07-22-2003, 04:38 PM
It is the Chinese Wall baseball has between the leagues. AL and NL were separate entities, combined under the auspices of MLB and commish. They have become a lot closer since Bud and crew took over, the elimination of League pres, inter-league play and such.

doublem23
07-22-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

I agree.

kermittheefrog
07-23-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC

I really think that. Since just after I became a baseball fan Bud Selig has done a lot to make baseball look like all the other major sports and frankly it's annoying as hell. Even worse he's ignored the real problems with the game to go about his "make baseball like the NBA and NFL" agenda. It's just reason number 45234532425243 to hate Bud Selig.