PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to our newest Sox fan...

hsnterprize
07-22-2003, 11:51 AM
...Nathan Tyler Neal. Who is he you might ask? Well, he's my newest son. He was born this morning at 7:42 CDT at the Loyola University Hospital in Maywood, IL (For the benefit of those who aren't familiar with the Chicagoland area, that's about 10 miles west of the Loop). Nathan is 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and approximately 21 inches long. I wish I had a picture of him to share with all of you...and I'm sure I'll have some new pics really soon. But, please light up a cigar for my boy. BTW...Nathan and mom and doing just fine. Nathan's big brother, 15-month-old Joshua, is being trained to be a Sox fan by his dear ol' dad, and hopefully, Nate will follow suit.

Meixner007
07-22-2003, 11:57 AM
Hey Congratulations. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Iwritecode
07-22-2003, 11:59 AM
Congrats!!!

For Nathan:

:happybday

Hangar18
07-22-2003, 11:59 AM
Congrats hsn ..... make sure they have no choice in the matter
as far as being sox fans goes.....

Clembasbal
07-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Congrats, and maybe you met my mother...she works with newborns at Loyola...in fact she might have been there for the delivery.

But, it is your day! Congrats :gulp:

delben91
07-22-2003, 12:06 PM
That's great hsnterprize!!

Happy Birthday to your new boy!

:gulp:

:supernana:
"This calls for a victory dance"

JJAustin69
07-22-2003, 12:07 PM
Congratulations and you are right, reproduction is the best way to create new Sox fans.

A.T. Money
07-22-2003, 12:07 PM
Congrats! It's good that he's healthy and ready to root for our Sox. :gulp:

chisoxt
07-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Good show, way to go!!

Lip Man 1
07-22-2003, 12:11 PM
You know it's never to early to start the kid working out, learning about how to cork bats and the proper way for steriod injection!

Lip

LuvSox
07-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Awesome!!!!! Best of wishes to your family :D:

Paulwny
07-22-2003, 12:15 PM
CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doublem23
07-22-2003, 12:16 PM
Congratulations! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Make sure that kid's a lefty; he'll be in the Majors until he's 50. :smile:

Iwritecode
07-22-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
You know it's never to early to start the kid working out, learning about how to cork bats and the proper way for steriod injection!

Lip

:nandrolone

Why are my ears ringing?

Dadawg_77
07-22-2003, 12:19 PM
Congrads, and remember to teach the wave is evil and you are a dolt if you throw back a home run ball.

white sox bill
07-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Can he relief pitch?
Congratulations!!!!!! Well done!

FJA
07-22-2003, 12:32 PM
Congrats!

voodoochile
07-22-2003, 12:50 PM
WOOHOO! Way to go, HSN. Give my best to the wife and the newborn, and don't forget to wish the little fellow a

:happybday, Nathan!

Rocky Soprano
07-22-2003, 12:52 PM
Congrats!

And thanks for bringing another Sox fan to Chicago!

:gulp:

TornLabrum
07-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Congrats hsn! Hope you enjoy the 2 o'clock feedings!

SoxxoS
07-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Congrats HSN!!! :gulp:

WinningUgly!
07-22-2003, 02:41 PM
Congratulations hsnterprize!

Keep them new sox fans coming! :)

Clarkdog
07-22-2003, 02:51 PM
Congrats HSN! Have two myself, they are lots of fun especially when they can watch games with you.

:reinsy
Nathan, welcome to the world. Remember it is your fault this team doesn't win.

Procol Harum
07-22-2003, 03:42 PM
Congrats, hsn--a little biblical advice in parental endurance and direction from the Book of Proverbs: "Raise up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." This has worked very well for me--all three of my sons are White Sox fans! :D:

:jerry
"Hmmmm, maybe I can insert little Nathan in the lineup to give Maggs a break in Toronto."

Daver
07-22-2003, 05:29 PM
Hey congrats! Hope everyone is healthy,that is the really important part.

Soxfan7070
07-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Congrats!
:)

PaleHoseGeorge
07-22-2003, 07:21 PM
Congratulations. Procreation is the surest way of increasing the Sox fan base.

"Curses! I've been chasing off the fan base for 22 years and now THIS happens!"

:smile:

RKMeibalane
07-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Congratulations!

"That boy had better come to games, or I won't spend any money."

mack10zie
07-22-2003, 08:19 PM
Congrats man!!!

hsnterprize
07-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by JJAustin69
Congratulations and you are right, reproduction is the best way to create new Sox fans. Well, my wife and I had an idea...since Jerry's too greedy to actually reach out to the fans base for Sox games, we'll make a fan base of our own. Now let's see...2 down, only a few more million to go. Something tells me I'd better get busy as soon as that 6 week post-pardum phase is over with. There isn't much time left until next year's Sox Fest, and I want to make sure the hotel is booked.

hsnterprize
07-22-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Congratulations. Procreation is the surest way of increasing the Sox fan base.

"Curses! I've been chasing off the fan base for 22 years and now THIS happens!"

:smile: ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!

OUTSTANDING...JUST OUT-FRIKKIN'-STANDING!!!!!

hsnterprize
07-22-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Congrats hsn! Hope you enjoy the 2 o'clock feedings! Which is why leaving to go to work at 3 o'clock is sometimes a BLESSING!!!!!

hsnterprize
07-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Congrats, hsn--a little biblical advice in parental endurance and direction from the Book of Proverbs: "Raise up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." This has worked very well for me--all three of my sons are White Sox fans! :D:

:jerry
"Hmmmm, maybe I can insert little Nathan in the lineup to give Maggs a break in Toronto." First of all, I plan on living up to that Biblical advice. Just about every night the Sox are on TV, Joshua and I are on the living room couch watching the game. He's starting to clap whenever the Sox do something good. He claps a little louder when a Sox player hits a homer. I help him understand that joy by tossing him in the air a few times and saying, "He hit a home run...yay!!!!" I think he's starting to get the idea. Can't wait to take to see a Sox game live.

Secondly, I'd better let Jerry know that Nathan is on the DL for a couple of days with a breathing problem. Nothing to be too worried about...it's common among newborns. He's grunting when he's exhaling, and the nurses tell me he's getting used to breathing outside the mother's womb. Joshua was the same way when he was first born. And speaking of Josh, someone tell Jerry that Josh is available to pinch hit if Tony G isn't up for the task. Josh has great speed...I can barely keep up with him since he's got legs. Josh loves it when I chase him, so I think he won't have a problem running the bases in a run-down.

hsnterprize
07-22-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Congrats!

And thanks for bringing another Sox fan to Chicago!

:gulp: No problem, Rock. Nathan already has a Sox onesie packed away somewhere in my place. It's black with a silver and white S-O-X logo in the middle. That, along with a 2-piece Sox outfit, is cool for "training up my child in the way he should go."

hsnterprize
07-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Hey Everybody...

Thanks for all your kind words and well wishes. As of tonight, Kendra and Nathan are resting comfortably in the hospital, while I'm at home with our 1-year-old. I was happy to see Bartolo pitch well this afternoon...where has this effort been all season? Also...nice hitting by Frank and Maggs in the 1st inning. Anyway, the Sox win again, and the Neal family is expanded by one more Sox fan!!!!! Who could ask for anything more.

Take care, everyone...and God bless you.

sox_fan_forever
07-22-2003, 11:00 PM
I'm late, but congrats! :D:

MHOUSE
07-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Congrats! :gulp:

Get him registered at WSI ASAP. Reading, spelling, talking, can all be learned here. T-I-N-K-E-R-E-R. O-E-O Magglio. Once he can spell Buehrle then no more schooling is needed.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-23-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
I'm late

That's what the Mrs. said 9 months ago!

No, but seriously! Congrats to you and your family hsn!
I hope you teach the boys to throw left-handed! Look what it has done for Jesse Orosco!

milk---------> :gulp:

CLR01
07-23-2003, 06:47 AM
Hey congratulations to you and the wife HSN.

Remember, if he grows up a cub fan daddy is in a boat load of trouble.

mrwag
07-23-2003, 07:35 AM
I have my 4 year old yelling "You can put it on the board, YES!" whenever he hits his wiffle ball. It's awsome! I also taught him the Na Na Hey Hey song. He also thinks he's Big Frank when he has a baseball bat in hand.

Have I gone overboard?

Congrats on the baby. Raise 'em right buddy!

Medford Bobby
07-23-2003, 02:04 PM
:) Congrats on the new baby sox fan......... :) Funny thing when my daughter was born 10yrs ago, I bought her a Sox hat and tried to get her have some interest. Now my son is turning two ( we had twins the other is a girl) and this time I'm already looking at small boy size Sox hats and shirts and even Bears stuff too. He say's "Ball" when I'm watching Sox games but will have to wait a little bit longer to teach him to say "Fire Jerry"...........again :D: I know the feeling ..and whatever you do now....ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE!!!!!!! :gulp:
\

:boston " Even I was shocked at the level of nudity involved in making a baby"

soxrme
07-23-2003, 02:39 PM
HOPE EVERYONE IS HAPPY AND HEALTHY :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

whitesoxwilkes
07-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Harlan, I am way way way late on this one..but mega-congrats!

sox_fan_forever
07-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Medford Bobby
He say's "Ball" when I'm watching Sox games but will have to wait a little bit longer to teach him to say "Fire Jerry"...........again :D:

That's so cute! My baby sister just turned two and she says the same thing whenever anyone in the house has a game on. She can say "Go Sox" too. :D:

FarWestChicago
07-24-2003, 12:37 AM
Congrats, Harlan!! I have had one long, nasty week. This news and thread put a smile on my face. :smile:

Risk
07-24-2003, 08:37 AM
Congrats!!!! :) :) :gulp:

southpaw40
07-24-2003, 08:40 AM
Congratulations! Hope this season gives you many pleasant baseball memories that you can relate to your new son as he grows up!
The memory I have from my daughter's infancy is the home run Tito Landrum hit off Britt Burns in the playoffs! I was rocking her at the time, and I knew right then and there that I loved her more than anything in the world, because I didn't throw her across the room!

davenicholson
07-24-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
...Nathan Tyler Neal. Who is he you might ask? Well, he's my newest son. He was born this morning at 7:42 CDT at the Loyola University Hospital in Maywood, IL (For the benefit of those who aren't familiar with the Chicagoland area, that's about 10 miles west of the Loop). Nathan is 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and approximately 21 inches long. I wish I had a picture of him to share with all of you...and I'm sure I'll have some new pics really soon. But, please light up a cigar for my boy. BTW...Nathan and mom and doing just fine. Nathan's big brother, 15-month-old Joshua, is being trained to be a Sox fan by his dear ol' dad, and hopefully, Nate will follow suit.

Wow, congratulations, man! I just want to say that I've done some cool things in my life and maybe you've done even better things, but don't you agree that being a Dad is by far the best and coolest thing you've ever done? The responsibility of shaping a young human who someday might discover the cure for AIDS, lead the free world, or become the next 25 game winner for the Sox is just awe-inspiring. Congrats again and good luck! :gulp: