PDA

View Full Version : another bad game for Lee

brewcrew/chisox
07-22-2003, 12:39 PM
I was at the game last night and was appalled at the way Carlos Lee played yesterday.

1. Before Everett saved the team's ass with two outs by driving in those 2 runs, Lee swings at Ball 4 way, WAY outside, which would have loaded the bases.

2. Lee misplayed two balls in the corner (one really bad). He just seems so slow getting to hot shots against the wall.

3. What, WHAT the heck was he doing trying to stretch that single out in the eighth inning. Did he think he was Ichiro?!!! Bonehead play, or delusions of grandeur? I'm going to say the former not the latter because he continuously does stupid things on the base paths....At least you have to give JM credit for benching Lee's ass after that play.

Is it me or does anyone else think that he would be the best person for the Sox to trade. I love his bat against the Cubs, and I know he HAS been improving as a fielder, but I think we could still get something for him, and maybe move Everett to Left field (Everett looked remarkably average again as our center fielder.)

Hangar18
07-22-2003, 12:41 PM
You know what.....the Win made me forget about what a TERRIBLE game he was having. He misplayed that ball
in the corner and the guy just kept going and scored. He
couldve Cost us that game....My cousin and I both thought
he was on drugs or something....I yelled at him in Spanish...
he heard me....

harwar
07-22-2003, 12:47 PM
I think its time to realize that is just how Carlos is going to play.He seems to play well most of the time but he will get brain cramps at he plate,in the field,&on the bases.Since he leads the team in RBIs' i'll let him slide.Also,because i like the guy and when hes' on(i mean really on)he can be deadly.

Clembasbal
07-22-2003, 01:02 PM
He spends one too many nights around Clark and Belmont...I am not fooling ya'll either.

Maybe that's why he is a Cub killer, because he wants to play there and be around his people?

manuelsucks
07-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah, C Lee had a bad night last night, but somone always seems too. Lets see if he continues to slide or can re-establish himself. I don't think hes that bad.

voodoochile
07-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by manuelsucks
Yeah, C Lee had a bad night last night, but somone always seems too. Lets see if he continues to slide or can re-establish himself. I don't think hes that bad.

Welcome aboard! :D:

Rocky Soprano
07-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
You know what.....the Win made me forget about what a TERRIBLE game he was having. He misplayed that ball
in the corner and the guy just kept going and scored. He
couldve Cost us that game....My cousin and I both thought
he was on drugs or something....I yelled at him in Spanish...
he heard me....

:D: What did you yell at him?

I really like Carlos and I would hate to lose him but if we can get a GOOD #5 pitcher and a prospect, I would trade him.

B. Diddy
07-22-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by brewcrew/chisox

2. Lee misplayed two balls in the corner (one really bad). He just seems so slow getting to hot shots against the wall.

I had my first chance to see Everett play in person on Saturday and, as bad as Lee is, this guy just plain sucks in the outfield. He has to be the slowest outfielder I've ever seen. I think that my out-of-shape ass can out-run him.

Why not put Mags in CF and Carl in RF? I've seen Mags play CF before and he doesn't seem completely lost. At the very least, he can actually get to the ball.