PDA

View Full Version : anyone hear me yelling at JR last night?

Gumshoe
07-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Right after the game, about 20 minutes in fact after the last pitch, Reinsdorf came out of the Club Level entrance with an entourage of 5-6 guys ... I was 10 feet away and started YELLING at him that he MUST SELL and quickly. Did anyone hear me or see him? I was sort of surprised that I got the chance. It didn't seem that other people recognized that he had just come out. It's wishful thinking, but I hope he listened to me. I KNOW he heard me.

Well, here's to a continued win streak.

Gumshoe

Lip Man 1
07-22-2003, 12:17 PM
Take this for what it's worth...

I did an interview yesterday for WSI with a former Sox player who is still prominently involved in the White Sox Alumni Association.

He told me that one of the other minority owners (he gave me the name but I'm not going to repeat it) told him that the plans have started for Reinsdorf to sell the club.

Apparently the plan is for Reinsdorf to sell to some of the minority owners. The process is going to take a year or two before it's all completed.

Lip

doublem23
07-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Bla bla bla... I'll believe it when I see it. Wasn't there another rumor that said Kenny Williams was supposed to be relieved of his duties like 3 months ago?

They'll have to pry this organization from his cold, dead hands, for all I'm concerned.

Iwritecode
07-22-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Take this for what it's worth...

I did an interview yesterday for WSI with a former Sox player who is still prominently involved in the White Sox Alumni Association.

He told me that one of the other minority owners (he gave me the name but I'm not going to repeat it) told him that the plans have started for Reinsdorf to sell the club.

Apparently the plan is for Reinsdorf to sell to some of the minority owners. The process is going to take a year or two before it's all completed.

Lip

So if he just sells his share of the team to the rest of the owners, who becomes the new "spokesman" of the ownership group?

Einhorn? <--- (not sure I spelled that right)

soxnut
07-22-2003, 12:40 PM
AS LONG AS THE TEAM STAYS IN CHICAGO.... I DON'T CARE WHO OWNS THE SOX

A.T. Money
07-22-2003, 12:52 PM
Reinsy ain't goin' no where!

But if he does, I wonder if the Comiskey's have enough money in the piggy bank to buy the team back.

MarqSox
07-22-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
But if he does, I wonder if the Comiskey's have enough money in the piggy bank to buy the team back.

You say it as if that'd somehow be a good thing ...

Gumshoe
07-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Do YOU think that source is credible? I always thought that if they don't win this year he really would have to take a long hard look at it. If it's all about business, then he should just dedicate his time to the Bulls ... quit screwing the Sox

Gumshoe

Lip Man 1
07-22-2003, 04:24 PM
I don't know how credible the former player is. It's only the second time that I have spoken with him.

I do know that he is a scout currently for another ML team so he does have contact with the powers that be, he also is very involved in the White Sox Alumni organization and isn't the biggest fan in the world of Manager Gandhi. He is a strong advocate of players having defined roles. He told me he got this information from one of the minoroty owners while both were in Tuscon this past Winter attending a fantasy camp.

I have forwarded my information to Phil Rogers for his evaluation and possible investigation.

Lip

RedPinStripes
07-22-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Reinsy ain't goin' no where!

For what? There was only 1 Comiskey who did anything with this team beside kick back and let the team make money.