PDA

View Full Version : Flash and White

NewyorkSoxFan
07-22-2003, 07:21 AM
I think we need to give some props to both of these guys, I mean we roasted them early on, but they have been 2 along with "Everyday Damaso Marte" our best pitchers in relief since early June.

Flash has done a nice job, but White has really impressed me in the way he has bounced back. Last nite with 2 innings pitched and 4 SO.

Hopefully he can keep it going as well as the rest of BP.

NYSF

Insert Dancing Bannana

delben91
07-22-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
I think we need to give some props to both of these guys, I mean we roasted them early on, but they have been 2 along with "Everyday Damaso Marte" our best pitchers in relief since early June.

Flash has done a nice job, but White has really impressed me in the way he has bounced back. Last nite with 2 innings pitched and 4 SO.

Hopefully he can keep it going as well as the rest of BP.

NYSF

Insert Dancing Bannana

Have to agree with you NYSF. I jumped all over White and Flash when they were pitching horribly earlier in the year.

Both have really turned it on of late though, I only hope they keep it up...and that we continue to have a need for Flash or Damaso to get saves.

And here's some bananas for you...

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

NewyorkSoxFan
07-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by delben91
Have to agree with you NYSF. I jumped all over White and Flash when they were pitching horribly earlier in the year.

Both have really turned it on of late though, I only hope they keep it up...and that we continue to have a need for Flash or Damaso to get saves.

And here's some bananas for you...

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Thanks for the banannas

:bandance

fledgedrallycap
07-22-2003, 09:00 AM
I was at the game last night and they both were dealing some nasty stuff to the plate.

I don't believe there is any question Flash has been the best performer out of the pen this year. I cannot count how many times the guy has come in with bases loaded and no outs, dropped that ears to toe curve followed by a 96 mph heater upstairs and get out of it. Plus, after an aweful start Rick White is really coming on and pitching well.

If Kelly Wunch can get himself healthy and back to Chicago so we have another tought lefty, The Sox will be tough to get to in late innings down the stretch.

I'll give props to Porzio as well. Carlos and the relay-men last night didn't help him out much in the third inning. As a fifth-starter, keep your team in it and stay in the game for 5-6. Good Job.