PDA

View Full Version : Minor League question (not really Sox related though)

Moses_Scurry
07-22-2003, 07:47 AM
Does anyone know which team (if any) the Indianapolis Indians are currently affiliated with? If I recall, they used to be the Sox, and have always been called the Indians, so I'm not sure if the obvious reason of the jndjans is correct. I'm moving to Indy away from my Sox, and I'd like to try to get into the local minor league squad.

TornLabrum
07-22-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
Does anyone know which team (if any) the Indianapolis Indians are currently affiliated with? If I recall, they used to be the Sox, and have always been called the Indians, so I'm not sure if the obvious reason of the jndjans is correct. I'm moving to Indy away from my Sox, and I'd like to try to get into the local minor league squad.

They're affiliated with the Brewers.

http://www.indyindians.com/

Moses_Scurry
07-22-2003, 08:02 AM
Ugh,
So that means I'm going from a team with 86 years and counting of futility to a farm club of a team that has not had a winning record in, oh, about 50 years!!! At least they are with a national league team other than the scrubs, so I can root for them without any conflicting interests!!

TornLabrum
07-22-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
Ugh,
So that means I'm going from a team with 86 years and counting of futility to a farm club of a team that has not had a winning record in, oh, about 50 years!!! At least they are with a national league team other than the scrubs, so I can root for them without any conflicting interests!!

If you're going to be there between Aug. 8-10, they'll be playing the Charlotte Knights, the Sox AAA affiliate.

B. Diddy
07-22-2003, 08:16 AM
Their stadium absolutely kicks ass. Best minor league ballpark I've ever seen.

Feel free to support the Colts as well while you're here. We don't want them moving to LA.