PDA

View Full Version : BBTN Tonight

mack10zie
07-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Did anyone catch it? I was watching it on and off trying to get some Sox highlights and I may have missed a highlight or two but I don't think they ever showed ANY Sox highlights except for a Jody Gerut Web Gem on a Carlos fly ball. I mean, if that's the case then it is completely ridiculous. I saw a Bonds AB which was a K and Jerome Williams strikeout (yes, a pitcher) in the Giants game that's only in the 4th inning. I saw a random flyout by Todd Helton to Ricky Henderson for no reason that is apparant to me. I saw every out of the 9th inning in the Twins game each update coming right after the other. I saw like 4 or 5 updates from the Royals game, 3 or so updates from the Cardinal/Padre game, as well as highlights from most of the other games. When I saw that Maggs had thrown out a runner at home in the 8th inning of a one run game I thought to myself, "self, you're probably gonna see a BBTN update of that play and it will make you happy," but apparantly that play was not update worthy while 10 or so plays that had little to no bearing on any of the games were. I just don't get it.

Oh, and I mean geez, could they possibly love the Twins more?!? Yeah, they're playing well and beating some really solid teams, but c'mon, they're only 1/2 game ahead of the Sox and people are treating them like they are almost gauranteed the Central championship right now. Anyways, that's my little rant.

Bucktown
07-21-2003, 11:29 PM
I saw Carl Everett's hit.

mack10zie
07-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I saw Carl Everett's hit.

Sweet.

Well since they didn't have an update or anything on the Maggs throw to home and they didn't mention it in the ESPN recap I was wondering if it really happened or not. On Sportsline it said something like "player (forget who) doubles to right, player (also forget who) out at home" for the third out of the eighth. What happened?

JJAustin69
07-21-2003, 11:47 PM
Sportscenter just showed every Indians hit in their big inning but failed to show any White Sox hit. No Mags game saving throw home. No Crede HR. You wouldn't imagine the Sox won that game by the way they showed it. Really shoddy reporting I must say.

Thunderstruck30
07-22-2003, 12:05 AM
Cant say that Im surprised at all by this.

voodoochile
07-22-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by mack10zie
Sweet.

Well since they didn't have an update or anything on the Maggs throw to home and they didn't mention it in the ESPN recap I was wondering if it really happened or not. On Sportsline it said something like "player (forget who) doubles to right, player (also forget who) out at home" for the third out of the eighth. What happened?

In the 8th, with 2 outs and Bradley at 1st, the next batter hit a shallow popup to RF. Maggs tried a sliding catch and couldn't come up with it. Bradley rounded third. Maggs popped up with the ball and Alomar pointed home. Maggs throw beat Bradley by 15-20 feet. He didn't even slide and Sandy gave him a hard tag in the chest to boot.

A.T. Money
07-22-2003, 01:49 AM
Other than Gerut's catch, Crede's homer, and Maggs' throw in the 8th, there wasn't too many big highlights that were BBTN worthy IMO. Sunday's homerun fest is something they need to show.

LASOXFAN
07-22-2003, 02:25 AM
I think this is a great point and I'm glad you pointed it out. I'm SO, SO SICK of watching Sportscenter's coverage of major league baseball. Yankee highlights or Red Sox highlights ALWAYS top the rotation. If it's the NL they start with, get ready to watch the Braves highlights. It's nauseating. Now they're calling the Twins the "resurgent" Twins. I even heard a guy on ESPN radio call them the "red hot" Twins. Okay, give them their due for sweeping the A's, something the Sox haven't done in...forever? But keep in mind the A's never play good in that so-called "ballpark."

I don't care what they say about the Sox at this point. They don't deserve any added pub until the get at least a few games above .500. It's been too long.

TheRockinMT
07-22-2003, 12:20 PM
It is interesting that BBTN sees fit to show a so called "web gem" as the highlight of a Sox win and the highlight is the losing team. There was NO mention of the Sox win at all that I heard. ESPN is doing some srewy things with their schedule aslo. They are following the Braves quite a bit and Atalnta has their super station broadcasting the same game. What's up with that garbage?

JJAustin69
07-22-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
It is interesting that BBTN sees fit to show a so called "web gem" as the highlight of a Sox win and the highlight is the losing team. There was NO mention of the Sox win at all that I heard. ESPN is doing some srewy things with their schedule aslo. They are following the Braves quite a bit and Atalnta has their super station broadcasting the same game. What's up with that garbage? I KNOW!! ESPN2 carried the Braves/Cubs last night. Yeah great, carry the only two teams that have their own superstation. Like we haven't seen every game they have played this season. Give me Sox/Indians, give me Mariners/Twins, give me anything except Cubs/Braves.

Hangar18
07-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Back in 2000, when the sox started out like they did, BBTN
basically ignored the SOX til the AllStar Break. then they
got press. they would casually mention them here
and there, but that was it.