PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Gameday Thread- July 21 vs. Cleveland

Jurr
07-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Porzio's not looking too terrible. The Sox should've scored early, but the left fielder pulled a rabbit out of his arse.

Jurr
07-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Way to go, Joe!!!!!!

delben91
07-21-2003, 07:39 PM
Nice shot Crede!

I'm "watching" on MLB's Gameday...how well did Konerko hit his fly out to center? Is he still right on the ball?

Jurr
07-21-2003, 07:44 PM
It almost hit the warning track. Konerko's having a good approach. Tony G. is batting .379 in his last 10 gms, as well. Damn.
Man, I know the price sucks, but this Extra Innings package is worth it if the Sox keep up the race. Getting to watch the Sox, Royals, and Twins play is amazing right now.

Jurr
07-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Porzio loves throwing balls right down the pipe. 2-1 Cle.

RKMeibalane
07-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
Man, I know the price sucks, but this Extra Innings package is worth it if the Sox keep up the race. Getting to watch the Sox, Royals, and Twins play is amazing right now.

It could be really interesting if all three teams still have a shot at winning the division once September rolls around. The Central Division race is shaping up to be an exciting one.

RKMeibalane
07-21-2003, 08:37 PM
It's 4-3 Sox in the fifth, with Maggs batting.

Fridaythe13thJason
07-21-2003, 09:09 PM
Anyone notice Rick White becoming one of our steadiest pitchers.

RKMeibalane
07-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Anyone notice Rick White becoming one of our steadiest pitchers.

Who would've thought we would be able to say that a few months ago?

BearSox
07-21-2003, 09:13 PM
please tell me i'm wrong but it sounds like they got the wave going on tv. I can't see it but the crowd sounds a little to excited. :angry:

ChiSox7
07-21-2003, 09:24 PM
I must say I'm tired of people excusing Frank from hitting just because he has to be DH. He gets paid to hit well, not to only hit well when he is playing in the field.

Fridaythe13thJason
07-21-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
I must say I'm tired of people excusing Frank from hitting just because he has to be DH. He gets paid to hit well, not to only hit well when he is playing in the field.

I understand your point, but it is the managers job to put their players in the best position to do well. This is no different than playing Sandy Alomar in Center Field and getting mad when he makes errors.

MarqSox
07-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Oh no ... tell me that Gordon in the 8th doesn't mean Koch in the 9th ... :whiner:

Fridaythe13thJason
07-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Oh no ... tell me that Gordon in the 8th doesn't mean Koch in the 9th ... :whiner:

Yeah I'm confused. Unless this is a two inning save.

RKMeibalane
07-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7

We're not excusing him from hitting. We know that Frank needs to hit as much as possible in order for this team to win, and we hope that he will be productive each and every night. Having said that, we also know that he is more likely to swing the bat well if he is playing first base. Frank is something of a head-case. When he is the DH, he sits in the dugout and stews over a bad at-bat, which affects his approach in his subsequent at-bats. I don't know why this happens, nor do I claim to know what goes on in his head during games. It's just the way he is.

whitesoxwilkes
07-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Harris comes in to replace Everett. I think he stubbed his toe on that run to the wall last inning.

Viva Magglio
07-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Where's Damaso?

RKMeibalane
07-21-2003, 09:39 PM
If Manuel brings in Koch, I'm gonna' puke.

Daver
07-21-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
If Manuel brings in Koch, I'm gonna' puke.

If you do your cleaning it up yourself,the Sanitation Engineer works 9 to 5 only.

:bandance:

cheeses_h_rice
07-21-2003, 09:43 PM
KC lost, so it's time to gain some ground.

Please?

Viva Magglio
07-21-2003, 09:47 PM
I'm surprised Manuel didn't bring Marte in to face Hafner, but it's a moot point as Gordon gets him for a White Sox winner.

Bisco Stu
07-21-2003, 11:26 PM
A week from today, we'll be over .500 (if not sooner) and won't look back.

I actually look forward to playing good teams again. A vet laden team like ours (yes, even Garland's a vet) seems to get up for the big games against the good teams.

Can't WAIT till we play the Skanks!

doublem23
07-22-2003, 12:19 AM
A) Who did they get to sing the "Star Spangled Banner?" Because she sucked! Good god, a few seconds in and I was reminded of the Simpsons episode when they went to the Isotopes game and Bleeding Gums Murphy takes 1/2 an hour to sing the national anthem. Thankfully, it wasn't that long.

B) A++ for Sox security. My girlfriend and I got there late and could only get 500 level tickets, but my aunt and uncle were called me and said they'd be at the game and offered to give us their bleacher tickets (just a tad too late... :whiner: ). Anyways, we arranged to walk down to near the 100-level enterance to get the tickets, but the lady at the top of the ramp at the 500 level wouldn't even let us leave, so he had to walk all the way up to give us his tickets. A bit of a hassell, but they're serious about this ****.

C) Carlos Lee... What the ****? That was one of the worst nights of baseball in recorded history. Two hits down the line he lolligags to before making poor throws. Then he Ks on an awful swing, fouls a ball off his foot, and lastly gets in a run down on an attempted double. I don't know what Caballo saw, but the right fielder was fielding that ball cleanly by the time he turned on the afterburners.

D) Konerko had some nice swings and a couple of rockets. Don't know his stats for the game but another nice day batting.

E) Frank seemed to be pressing a tad. As did Maggs. I wonder if Frank is just still in a bit of a funk or if he's starting to get 400 Fever. As for Maggs, every time he was up, he took at least 1 swing for the fences.

F) Nice crowd for tonight's game except when they started doing the god damn, mother****ing wave. KNOCK THAT **** OFF! Other than that, the crowd seemed pretty into it and I was shocked when they announced a crowd of 31,000+ (Maybe JR should be taking notes that Sox fans care about winning and pricing).

G) Lower Deck... I know, I know... First time I have been to the newly renovated lower deck and it's nice. My only suggestion is that I wish those ribbon boards that run alalong the first and third baseline would show some info on the game instead of constant advertisements and the occasional "Gas!" or "Base on Balls!" or "Nice catch!" I didn't notice this the first two times I had made it to the park because I was in the upper deck and just looked at the scoreboard behind left-field. But with that behind you, there's not much in terms of info at hand without craning your neck 180-degrees. Overall, though, very nice. Anyone who says this park isn't a nice place to watch a game is either A) a moron B) an idiot C) a bigot D) inept or E) all of the above, AKA a Cub fan.

H) CLEVE-LAND SUCKS!

I) Gordon and White were great. Gordon made my heartrate rise a little with tha 4-pitch walk to lead off the ninth, but he looked good against every other batter. You know life is sweet when Mike Porzio, Rick White, and Tom Gordon can hold a team to 3 runs (even if it is Cleveland). I'll take my moral victories when I can get them.

That is all

Bisco Stu
07-22-2003, 12:59 AM
I thought it was Cindy Lauper who sang the jammed out National Anthem at the 'topes game. Maybe they did the same joke twice.

doublem23
07-22-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
I thought it was Cindy Lauper who sang the jammed out National Anthem at the 'topes game. Maybe they did the same joke twice.

Err, maybe... I'm talking about the "Dancin' Homer" episode, to be more specific.

valposoxfan
07-22-2003, 02:13 AM
Yeah the anthem sucked. She had a freaky Glenn Close from Fatal Attraction vibe about her. Terrible singer. I hope I can remember that record label name so I know NEVER to buy an album that is put out by that label...

WhiteSox = Life
07-22-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Err, maybe... I'm talking about the "Dancin' Homer" episode, to be more specific.

Nope, it was definitely "Bleeding Gums" Murphy and his 26-minute rendition.

To relive the glory that is that episode (without the sounds, voices or visuals) click on this (http://www.snpp.com/episodes/7F05.html).

Cyndi Lauper did sing but in the episode (http://www.snpp.com/episodes/AABF07) with the curfew. She was on for all of three seconds singing the end of the national anthem at a baseball game.

Well, my job here is done.

Hi-yo, Silver, away!

delben91
07-22-2003, 06:48 AM
I realize I'm about 9 hours late, but I just had to post this...

:winner

Man that feels good.

:gulp: :bandance: