PDA

View Full Version : Jody Gerut

MarqSox
07-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Gerut grew up a Sox fan in west suburban Villa Park and is making his Cell debut tonight for the Jndjans. For those attending tonight, give him a warm welcome when he's announced. He's a good guy and he's gonna have a heckuva career.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-21-2003, 02:01 PM
I'm sure he'll feel right at home. Gerut has played 6 games against the Sox this year, in those games he is batting .300 with 2 HR's. He looks like he will be a pretty good ballplayer, hopefully it is not just against us!

alohafri
07-21-2003, 03:04 PM
(from Mrs. Aloha)

We'll be at the game tonight and so will a co-worker of Mr. Aloha and her husband--turns out the husband used to coach Jody and they will be guests of Jody tonite, sitting in the Indian's section (most likely near the Indians dugout).

Fridaythe13thJason
07-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I'm sure he'll feel right at home. Gerut has played 6 games against the Sox this year, in those games he is batting .300 with 2 HR's. He looks like he will be a pretty good ballplayer, hopefully it is not just against us!

Well, he probably wants to see Hawk shave his head, too, so he'll throw the games.

MarqSox
07-21-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
(from Mrs. Aloha)

We'll be at the game tonight and so will a co-worker of Mr. Aloha and her husband--turns out the husband used to coach Jody and they will be guests of Jody tonite, sitting in the Indian's section (most likely near the Indians dugout).

Coach Cappilieri!? I love that guy! He ran a helluva program ... if that's who it is, tell him Willowbrook misses him dearly.

LauraJ14
07-21-2003, 10:36 PM
Wow, A Willowbrook high school mention, don't hear too many of those. I grew up in Lombard and went to high school at WIllowbrook. My brother played on Willowbrook's baseball team.

doublem23
07-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Gerut is developing into a fine Sox-killer. Wicked catch on that Lee liner. Diz-amn!

MarqSox
07-22-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by LauraJ14
Wow, A Willowbrook high school mention, don't hear too many of those. I grew up in Lombard and went to high school at WIllowbrook. My brother played on Willowbrook's baseball team.

Awesome, I also played Warrior baseball. Who's your brother?

valposoxfan
07-22-2003, 10:55 AM
I went to Addison Trail from 98-02 but my cousin went to Addison Trail the same time Gerut went to to Willowbrook and he played baseball for the Blazers. I remember watching Gerut just kill AT everytime he came over to Blazer Field. It is like 320 to center or something like that at AT because they ran out of room when they were building it, and he would just effortlessly put the ball over the fence. Unreal. And Cappillieri was great at Willowbrook. Great coach. Willowbrook is starting to make a baseball comeback...Watch out for them next spring :(: ...just kidding, I hope the Warriors do well.

alohafri
07-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Mr. Aloha works with Cappileri's wife. They are 2 of the nicest people, and "Capp" tells the best stories!!

(Mrs. Aloha)

MarqSox
07-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
I went to Addison Trail from 98-02 but my cousin went to Addison Trail the same time Gerut went to to Willowbrook and he played baseball for the Blazers. I remember watching Gerut just kill AT everytime he came over to Blazer Field. It is like 320 to center or something like that at AT because they ran out of room when they were building it, and he would just effortlessly put the ball over the fence. Unreal. And Cappillieri was great at Willowbrook. Great coach. Willowbrook is starting to make a baseball comeback...Watch out for them next spring :(: ...just kidding, I hope the Warriors do well.

Jody was a senior when I was on the freshman team at WB, and I remember my first time we shared a practice with the varsity, I was awestruck. Jody threw a pea from the center field wall (385 feet) that short-hopped the catcher. It was like nothing I ever saw. And to top it off, he took the initiative to put away most of the equipment himself and even helped rake the field after practice. To see a future major leaguer put in that kind of extra effort ... I never slacked off again.

alohafri
07-22-2003, 12:00 PM
I see Cap's reputation precedes him. He is a great guy and I will pass along the kind words. I'm sure he appreciates them.

Hangar18
07-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Hey aloha's! sorry i didnt see you guys last nite,,,,I was yakking
and yakking with everyone in my section it slipped my mind!
I will see Mr Aloha thurs I believe at the Irish place and yes,
Im there Friday too! the video would be awesome...