PDA

View Full Version : tonight's lineup

brewcrew/chisox
07-21-2003, 02:03 PM
O.K., Brian Tallet is a left hander, so I'm thinking JM's lineup should be very similar to yesterday's.

If Tony G doesn't start, JM needs to be Pimp Slapped. Whom he starts for, is the problem. Both Jose and Roberto don't bat well from the right side. Jose had a homer yesterday, but I don't like sitting Roberto for more than a day, especially the way he has been playing lately, and against his former team.

So, I'm thinking Jose sits today.

Any thoughts?

delben91
07-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by brewcrew/chisox
O.K., Brian Tallet is a left hander, so I'm thinking JM's lineup should be very similar to yesterday's.

If Tony G doesn't start, JM needs to be Pimp Slapped. Whom he starts for, is the problem. Both Jose and Roberto don't bat well from the right side. Jose had a homer yesterday, but I don't like sitting Roberto for more than a day, especially the way he has been playing lately, and against his former team.

So, I'm thinking Jose sits today.

Any thoughts?

I agree that Graffy should be in the lineup. I didn't see any of the games this weekend, but from the sounds of it, Robby really turned it up a notch in the field. So, with Porzio in the game today, I'd relish the extra defense and start Roberto at second.

FJA
07-21-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by delben91
I agree that Graffy should be in the lineup. I didn't see any of the games this weekend, but from the sounds of it, Robby really turned it up a notch in the field. So, with Porzio in the game today, I'd relish the extra defense and start Roberto at second.

:jerry

"I've always thought it would be exciting to see an Alomar brothers double play combination, so Tony Graffanino will play tonight, but it will be at catcher so we can squeeze Sandy in at shortstop."

jeremyb1
07-21-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by delben91

i agree. while robbie hits lefties very poorly, he hits them better than jose and harris. jimenez and his .735 ops compared to sub .500 ops against lefties for jose and alomar could very much help this club when ball games against left handed starters right about now. that's alright, if we need a pinch hitter tonight we'll win the game.