PDA

View Full Version : Richard Roeper

Rocky Soprano
07-21-2003, 12:55 PM
Does anyone ever read his columns?

There has been a couple of times where we has said straight out that he is a big Sox Fan.

I find it awesome that we have someone finally on the good side.

Has anyone else caught that?

Maybe we can interview him?

voodoochile
07-21-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Does anyone ever read his columns?

There has been a couple of times where we has said straight out that he is a big Sox Fan.

I find it awesome that we have someone finally on the good side.

Has anyone else caught that?

Maybe we can interview him?

If you know a way to get in touch with him other than his Sun-Times e-dress, we will contact him.

Hangar18
07-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Yes. Hes a Sox Fan big time. bless him
Terry Armour is also a big sox fan. the late tim weigel was too.

rmusacch
07-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
If you know a way to get in touch with him other than his Sun-Times e-dress, we will contact him.

Why can't you contact him through the Sun Times?

voodoochile
07-21-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Why can't you contact him through the Sun Times?

We can, but big time writers like that get so many e-mails and requests for pieces of their time that it is better to have an inside connection if you want to see results.

Hangar18
07-21-2003, 01:20 PM
so Roeper thinks hes Big Time huh?

voodoochile
07-21-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Did I say that? Roepper is just well known. Maybe contacting him through his ST e-dress will work. I don't know. He has mentioned the site before, so I guess it can't hurt.

TornLabrum
07-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Well, he does have a nationally syndicated TV show....

Dan H
07-21-2003, 05:55 PM
i consider Roeper pretty big, and he is a avid Sox fan. He wrote a column after the Wilson Alvarez no-hitter in 1991 saying that the Sox were going to the World Series that year and that they were going to win. I tried to interview him for the fun because of that column for my book and didn't get anywhere. If someone contacts him, you have to be all business. Roeper is a very busy man, and from what I hear, wants people to get to the point.

hose
07-21-2003, 06:08 PM
John Kass from the Cubune is a huge Sox fan.

Les Grobstein...........ah no

Bisco Stu
07-21-2003, 06:33 PM
Roeper is the BOMB. Huge Sox fan. He wrote a front-page story the day after the Sox clinched in 2000 in the ST, saying, "Chicago, can we please start CARING about the Sox?!"

He correctly defended Howard Stern when the Colorado Legislature tried to scapegoat Stern for the Columbine massacre.

He's often more rational than Ebert.

For example, Ebert didn't like Fight Club, Roeper did.

RedPinStripes
07-21-2003, 06:39 PM
I've met Roeper once at a Sox game and have seen him a few times there. i never hear of him going to the Singles bar on the North side.

fquaye149
07-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
Roeper is the BOMB. Huge Sox fan. He wrote a front-page story the day after the Sox clinched in 2000 in the ST, saying, "Chicago, can we please start CARING about the Sox?!"

He correctly defended Howard Stern when the Colorado Legislature tried to scapegoat Stern for the Columbine massacre.

He's often more rational than Ebert.

For example, Ebert didn't like Fight Club, Roeper did.

ebert was right about fight club. read his review and it's hard to dispute his objections...but that opinion belongs in parking lot.

i sometimes take issues with roepers choices, but i can't take issue with his choice of teams!

Bisco Stu
07-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Ebert reviewed Fight Club from the perspective of a 70 year old woman.

jeremyb1
07-21-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
ebert was right about fight club. read his review and it's hard to dispute his objections...but that opinion belongs in parking lot.

i sometimes take issues with roepers choices, but i can't take issue with his choice of teams!

i've read the review before. you could apply his argument to say that almost anything negative shown in a movie is actually promoting those negative behaviors unless the film bends over backwards to completely demonstrate otherwise. i don't think he would make the same argument if a different type of negative behavior he did not find so offensive was portrayed instead.