PDA

View Full Version : Dimitri Young...

whitesoxwilkes
07-20-2003, 05:23 PM
...whipped a ball into the crowd during BP today. Guess who tried to catch it, dropped it and ended up with a broken pinkie?

It hurts.

Meixner007
07-20-2003, 05:24 PM
no offense, but....hahahahhaahahahahahh. Have one on me. :gulp:

voodoochile
07-20-2003, 05:26 PM
Ouch! Hope you get better soon. Did they give you some cool pain killers at the hospital? Vicoden and Beer make for a great buzz...

whitesoxwilkes
07-20-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Ouch! Hope you get better soon. Did they give you some cool pain killers at the hospital? Vicoden and Beer make for a great buzz...

Nahhh..didn't go to the hospital..all they'd do is tape it up (which I did as soon as I got home). I've actually broken this one before...iced it for the first couple innings while drinking plenty of :gulp: :gulp: to ease the pain. If it's still bugging me mid week I will for sure get it looked at, but in the meantime I'll play through the pain.

kermittheefrog
07-20-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Nahhh..didn't go to the hospital..all they'd do is tape it up (which I did as soon as I got home). I've actually broken this one before...iced it for the first couple innings while drinking plenty of :gulp: :gulp: to ease the pain. If it's still bugging me mid week I will for sure get it looked at, but in the meantime I'll play through the pain.

I recommened medical attention, playing through pain is just gonna land you a torn labrum.

Daver
07-20-2003, 05:40 PM

If you decide that amputation is neccasary I would suggest sharpening the knife first...............

:)

TornLabrum
07-20-2003, 06:12 PM
...whipped a ball into the crowd during BP today. Guess who tried to catch it, dropped it and ended up with a broken pinkie?

It hurts.

As Homer Simpson said while watching the car wreck films in Traffic School, "It's funny because it's not me."

TornLabrum
07-20-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by daver
If you decide that amputation is neccasary I would suggest sharpening the knife first...............

:)

And sterilize it in the beer you'll use as anesthetic.

duke of dorwood
07-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Call Alfonseca, he's got a loaner

TornLabrum
07-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

And who can forget the memorable day when WSCR's Jesse Rogers asked, "Were you born that way?"

MHOUSE
07-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

LMAO! That's great. Does anyone have a picture of El Pulpo's hands and feet from a website or something? I know he has 12 fingers and 12 toes, but you can't really see it when he's on the mound.

Hangar18
07-21-2003, 06:03 PM

According to Jim Hendry, Local Product Mike Wilkes has
a strained groin, and is day-to-day. He isnt expected to miss
his next start.....

whitesoxwilkes
07-21-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
According to Jim Hendry, Local Product Mike Wilkes has
a strained groin, and is day-to-day. He isnt expected to miss
his next start.....

Dr VoodooChile, Wilkins' personal trainer, recommended a trip to the 15 day DL (Drinkin' List).