PDA

View Full Version : MacDougal scuffling - KC V SEA thread

MarqSox
07-20-2003, 04:46 PM
Looks like KC may have closer problems of its own. Mike MacDougal just got pulled in the middle of the 9th after a solo HR and 2 walks. This after he gave up 5 on Friday ... KC will not win this division.

Meixner007
07-20-2003, 04:51 PM
Tie Game...YES :) :gulp:

voodoochile
07-20-2003, 04:54 PM
Damnit Boone! All you needed was a flyball. MORON!

doublem23
07-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Say it with me...

K-C SUCKS! K-C SUCKS!

voodoochile
07-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Say it with me...

K-C SUCKS! K-C SUCKS!

All the little chicks in their Jayhawk skirts know that KC sucks! KC sucks!

voodoochile
07-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Come on Itchy, scratch out a hit...

Daver
07-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Come on Itchy, scratch out a hit...

Bad pun alert!!!

:bandance:

voodoochile
07-20-2003, 05:18 PM
Ichiro gets plunked. Bases loaded one away in the top of the 10th.

voodoochile
07-20-2003, 05:29 PM
Damnit again! Popout, strikeout (looking). Does Mike Cameron hit anyone else aside from the Sox?

Meixner007
07-20-2003, 05:35 PM
damn. 2 run walk off hr

RKMeibalane
07-20-2003, 05:38 PM
Damnit again! Popout, strikeout (looking). Does Mike Cameron hit anyone else aside from the Sox?

Nope.

adsit
07-20-2003, 06:27 PM
All the little chicks in their Jayhawk skirts know that KC sucks! KC sucks!

...stickin' a pin in their 10th inning win goin' KC sucks! KC sucks!

Let's get Ian Hunter to sing this! :D:

Dave

Lip Man 1
07-20-2003, 06:29 PM
So have the Royals collapsed yet?

It's time, we started giving them credit a la the Sox in 2000 and the Twins in 2002.

Granted it may be a fluke year for them but for right now they are finding ways to win and win consistently.

Lip

Chisox_cali
07-20-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

It's time, we started giving them credit a la the Sox in 2000 and the Twins in 2002.

Granted it may be a fluke year for them but for right now they are finding ways to win and win consistently.

Lip

To take a page out of your "the glass is ALWAYS half empty" POV. The game should have never been tied to begin with. You think if MacDougal blows a save in the playoffs that the Yankees, or A's, or M's if they get a second chance wouldn't capitalize on it?

While walk-off homers and victories are always fun, if you really think about it, all it means is that your team couldn't close the door in the 9th.

doublem23
07-20-2003, 07:02 PM

Lip

They'll blow it.

doublem23
07-20-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
To take a page out of your "the glass is ALWAYS half empty" POV. The game should have never been tied to begin with. You think if MacDougal blows a save in the playoffs that the Yankees, or A's, or M's if they get a second chance wouldn't capitalize on it?

While walk-off homers and victories are always fun, if you really think about it, all it means is that your team couldn't close the door in the 9th.

I have to agree... Had this happened to the Sox (blown a 2-run lead in the ninth only to win it on a walk-off homer in the 10th), Lip would be running the same, "we never should have won because we couldn't hold a lead" garbage.

Just can't seem to enjoy life unless the Sox are tanking.

harwar
07-20-2003, 07:10 PM
The umpire threw out their pitcher who was lookin good and they still come back and win.The twins are rolling also.If the Sox can start to win consistantly then we might have a 3 team race all the way home.

Lip Man 1
07-20-2003, 10:57 PM
That's right folks I'm anti-Sox! LOL I just bust my ass trying to provide material for this site.

I'm just tired of people NOT taking them seriously. How many come from behind, last inning, walk off wins have those "clowns" had? and how many have our Sox team had?

If the fans won't take them seriously I don't want to read any posts ripping the Sox players for not taking them seriously either.

Listen loud and clear people, these guys are for REAL. They are NOT going to lose ten in a row and fall apart. They now believe they CAN win.

Like in basketball if you keep an underdog around in a game they'll bite you on the ass. The Sox could have taken them out early (in fact on opening day) and didn't, K.C. got off to that great start and stayed around through a bunch of injuries.

The Sox have been healthy except of Wright and what have they done?

Kansas City is NOT going to give this thing away...if the Sox are going to win it, they are going to have to beat them up and take it.

That's all I meant...deal with it.

Lip

Chisox_cali
07-20-2003, 11:19 PM
FYI You're supposed to use Teal for sarcasm not Sea Green

hose
07-20-2003, 11:23 PM
The Royals have to play the Twins 9 more times and the Sox go head to head with the Royal 13 times. The Sox also have 7 games with the Twins

If the Sox can some how play decent against the West Coast teams coming up on the schedule then they will be able to at least control their own destiny.

I was very impressed with both the Royals and Twins this weekend . I figured the M's and A's would have taken those series. Minnesota looks to be recharged, but I still think the Royals are going to melt down before it's over.

hose
07-20-2003, 11:26 PM
That's right folks I'm anti-Sox! LOL I just bust my ass trying to provide material for this site.

I'm just tired of people NOT taking them seriously. How many come from behind, last inning, walk off wins have those "clowns" had? and how many have our Sox team had?

If the fans won't take them seriously I don't want to read any posts ripping the Sox players for not taking them seriously either.

Listen loud and clear people, these guys are for REAL. They are NOT going to lose ten in a row and fall apart. They now believe they CAN win.

Like in basketball if you keep an underdog around in a game they'll bite you on the ass. The Sox could have taken them out early (in fact on opening day) and didn't, K.C. got off to that great start and stayed around through a bunch of injuries.

The Sox have been healthy except of Wright and what have they done?

Kansas City is NOT going to give this thing away...if the Sox are going to win it, they are going to have to beat them up and take it.

That's all I meant...deal with it.

Lip

Well at least Joe Randa is on the DL.

I'm tired of that smiling jackal killing Sox pitching.

siugrad25
07-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Guys we have to stop assuming that the Royals will tank and the Sox will magically appear in first place and win the division. Teams like the Royals don't play this consistant without having a shread of knowing how to play this game. I think they had like one stretch of bad play this year??? I'd feel better if the Twinkies were in first, but they've seemed now like they're back on track.

Right now I'm following each Royals/Twins game like it's September, but more important the Sox need to take care of business first.

The Sox play K.C. six times in two weeks starting at the end of the month. If the Sox can somehow take care of business until then, maybe - just maybe - we can set our eyes the Royals and the lead.

But let's look at it this way, who's team has looked like a division winner? The Sox or Royals. As much as it pains me to say it - the Royals have and until the Sox and Royals prove us otherwise, we need to worry about the Sox first and the rest will fall into place.

MarqSox
07-20-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by siugrad25
Guys we have to stop assuming that the Royals will tank and the Sox will magically appear in first place and win the division. Teams like the Royals don't play this consistant without having a shread of knowing how to play this game. I think they had like one stretch of bad play this year??? I'd feel better if the Twinkies were in first, but they've seemed now like they're back on track.

Right now I'm following each Royals/Twins game like it's September, but more important the Sox need to take care of business first.

The Sox play K.C. six times in two weeks starting at the end of the month. If the Sox can somehow take care of business until then, maybe - just maybe - we can set our eyes the Royals and the lead.

But let's look at it this way, who's team has looked like a division winner? The Sox or Royals. As much as it pains me to say it - the Royals have and until the Sox and Royals prove us otherwise, we need to worry about K.C. first and foremost.

KC will not win this division.

siugrad25
07-20-2003, 11:35 PM
I believe you MarqSox, but I'm not taking any team, especially the Royals lightly right now and taking a series from the M's really doesn't make me feel to good.

doublem23
07-20-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
KC will not win this division.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you! Someone who sees through a team with a rotation of Runlevys Hernandez, Jeremy Affeldt, Darryl May, Jose Lima, and Brad Voyles..

Ah! The Royals! The Royals!

Puh-leaze.

Tragg
07-21-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by hose
The Royals have to play the Twins 9 more times and the Sox go head to head with the Royal 13 times. The Sox also have 7 games with the Twins

If the Sox can some how play decent against the West Coast teams coming up on the schedule then they will be able to at least control their own destiny.

I was very impressed with both the Royals and Twins this weekend . I figured the M's and A's would have taken those series. Minnesota looks to be recharged, but I still think the Royals are going to melt down before it's over.
Unfortunately, the Sox have just gone through a stretch of 4-6 ball against the two most inept teams that the AL has seen in ages: the tigers and rays. More unfortunately, the west coast teams have manhandled us for the last couple of years. So, to have a chance, we must somehow become a substantially better ball club virtually overnight.
The only point of succor is that we did take 4/6 from the Twins a couple of weeks ago - of course that was during a stretch in which we played the best we have all season, yet STILL lost 4-5 games we should have won (should have swept the twins in minny; should have swept the cubs in wrigley; taken 2/3 from the giants; 3 or 4/4 from the bosox; should have swept the dodgers and taken 2/3 from arizona )

Soxboyrob
07-21-2003, 12:13 AM
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you! Someone who sees through a team with a rotation of Runlevys Hernandez, Jeremy Affeldt, Darryl May, Jose Lima, and Brad Voyles..

Puh-leaze.

This is what was said about the Sox during the whole 2000 season. We were the surprise team that everyone was sure would tank....by Memorial Day, then it was Flag Day, then it was Independence Day, then Labor Day. Never happened. Regardless of how it all plays out, the Royals are setting their new high water mark for this season on an almost daily basis while the Sox and Twins are muddling around below .500. Time is ticking off the clock.

hose
07-21-2003, 06:51 AM

Puh-leaze.

The Royals are 12th in the AL with a 4.93 team era only ahead of Tampa and Texas.

MarqSox
07-21-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
This is what was said about the Sox during the whole 2000 season. We were the surprise team that everyone was sure would tank....by Memorial Day, then it was Flag Day, then it was Independence Day, then Labor Day. Never happened. Regardless of how it all plays out, the Royals are setting their new high water mark for this season on an almost daily basis while the Sox and Twins are muddling around below .500. Time is ticking off the clock.

Thing is, that 2000 team was genuinely good. This KC team only seems good because it is feasting on a Sox team that is much much better than its record (and is seemingly finally starting to play like it) and a Twins team that itself is vastly overrated. If KC wins the division, it will be because they took advantage of the Sox faltering.

The other thing that's different about the 2000 Sox and the 2003 Royals is that the Sox never had any serious threats after mid-June. They never felt the pressure of a pennant race. If the Sox put any kind of heat on the Royals in mid-August -- say, move to three games back -- the Royals will tank.