PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 7/20

RKMeibalane
07-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Who's on first? Paul Konerko was at first base Saturday for the third straight game coming out of the all-star break with Frank Thomas as DH.

Jerry Manuel said he might alternate Thomas and Konerko at first through the second half even though Thomas' offensive numbers are better when he plays the field.

"The thing is we were kind of designed to where Konerko would be our first baseman and Frank would be the DH," Manuel said. "Putting Frank (at first) gave us an opportunity to get him going, but there could be a time now where we can kind of flip-flop them here and there if that's such a big thing to try and get both of them going at the same time."

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Alternatiing the two of them at first is not the answer, Jerry. Frank needs to play first base every day, or he won't hit as well. His numbers are iron-clad proof. Konerko doesn't have the problem of not hitting as well as the DH, so I don't see any reason why he can't be used there full time. This is yet another lame excuse made by Manuel to continue tinkering with the lineup.

****ing idiot -----------------------------------> :jerry

TornLabrum
07-20-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Who's on first? Paul Konerko was at first base Saturday for the third straight game coming out of the all-star break with Frank Thomas as DH.

Jerry Manuel said he might alternate Thomas and Konerko at first through the second half even though Thomas' offensive numbers are better when he plays the field.

"The thing is we were kind of designed to where Konerko would be our first baseman and Frank would be the DH," Manuel said. "Putting Frank (at first) gave us an opportunity to get him going, but there could be a time now where we can kind of flip-flop them here and there if that's such a big thing to try and get both of them going at the same time."

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Alternatiing the two of them at first is not the answer, Jerry. Frank needs to play first base every day, or he won't hit as well. His numbers are iron-clad proof. Konerko doesn't have the problem of not hitting as well as the DH, so I don't see any reason why he can't be used there full time. This is yet another lame excuse made by Manuel to continue tinkering with the lineup.

****ing idiot -----------------------------------> :jerry

We need somebody who is good with graphics to make a t-shirt for our Jerry Manuel picture that has an arrow pointing up at Jerry's face and the phrase, "I'm with Stupid" printed on it.

RKMeibalane
07-20-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
We need somebody who is good with graphics to make a t-shirt for our Jerry Manuel picture that has an arrow pointing up at Jerry's face and the phrase, "I'm with Stupid" printed on it.

That's a good idea. Those shirts would become extremely popular, because everyone wants Manuel fired.