PDA

View Full Version : We're In For A Fight

valposoxfan
07-19-2003, 11:07 PM
KC and Minnesota are definitely taking care of business after the all-star break. Looks like the Twins have been rejuvenated and the Royals are such a resilient team. It's gonna be tough for the Sox to stay in this. We better start playing with more urgency and fire...

hose
07-20-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
KC and Minnesota are definitely taking care of business after the all-star break. Looks like the Twins have been rejuvenated and the Royals are such a resilient team. It's gonna be tough for the Sox to stay in this. We better start playing with more urgency and fire...

Both the Twins and Royals are getting it done against the AL best.

Take away the 2 out top of the ninth grand slam by Ichiro and the Royals would be in line for a sweep against the Mariners.

The Sox are at least showing signs of getting the offense in gear, it ain't over but it's close to being over.

gosox41
07-20-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by hose
Both the Twins and Royals are getting it done against the AL best.

Take away the 2 out top of the ninth grand slam by Ichiro and the Royals would be in line for a sweep against the Mariners.

The Sox are at least showing signs of getting the offense in gear, it ain't over but it's close to being over.

I'm arfraid it may have been over back in May. Those last 10 games right before the All Star break killed us.

Bob

kevingrt
07-20-2003, 11:06 AM
What will happen when they play the Tiggers and Tribe and we go the West Coast???

WillieHarris12
07-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Buehrle, Loaiza, and Garland are hot right now. If the offense supports them we can win 3 out of 5 with an occassional win by Colon.

TornLabrum
07-20-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by WillieHarris12
Buehrle, Loaiza, and Garland are hot right now. If the offense supports them we can win 3 out of 5 with an occassional win by Colon.

The problem as I see it is that we need five out of five starters hitting on all cylinders if we're going to catch the Twins and Royals.

RKMeibalane
07-20-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The problem as I see it is that we need five out of five starters hitting on all cylinders if we're going to catch the Twins and Royals.

Agreed. The offense also needs to get going. The past few games have been encouraging, but we have yet see several players get hot at once. Frank was on fire a few weeks ago, but he's struggled since "The Tinkerer" put him back at DH. Konerko is starting to come around, but Manuel will probably find an excuse to keep him out of the lineup, and then he'll go back into his funk.

Thunderstruck30
07-21-2003, 01:16 AM
Minnesota swept Oakland, beating Zito, Mulder, and Hudson.

Twins8791
07-21-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Minnesota swept Oakland, beating Zito, Mulder, and Hudson.
And Lilly.

MHOUSE
07-21-2003, 02:38 PM
KC stuck it to Seattle winning 3 of 4 I think. It seems like when we lose they lose and when we win they win. We need to get like 5-10 in a row and see where that brings us. Inconsistency is going to be our downfall unless it gets straightened out.