PDA

View Full Version : Mike Stanton

lowesox
07-19-2003, 07:56 PM
Since the mets are cleaning house, I think this is a guy we should go after. With Koch sucking all season, we desperately need somebody dependable on the back end of the bullpen. And since all the closers available don't seem very good, maybe a guy like Stanton would be the next best option. I've watched him in the playoffs and he's very, very dependalbe.

duke of dorwood
07-19-2003, 08:35 PM
We will be cleanibg house shortly, so this wont happen

RKMeibalane
07-19-2003, 09:33 PM
The only player I would be interested in seeing the Sox get from the Mets would be Cliff Floyd, but he has a no-trade clause in his contract that prevents him from being sent here. The man grew up a huge Sox fan, but he doesn't want play for them. I wonder whose fault that is.

:reinsy

"Why are you looking at me?"

lowesox
07-19-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
We will be cleanibg house shortly, so this wont happen

I guarantee we don't clean house. That might mean KW accepting he was wrong to trade for Alomar and Everett (which I don't think he was). And kenny doesn't ever admit to being wrong.

TornLabrum
07-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I guarantee we don't clean house. That might mean KW accepting he was wrong to trade for Alomar and Everett (which I don't think he was). And kenny doesn't ever admit to being wrong.

This was the subject of a column I just emailed to George. Let's just say that in my jaundiced view, it may not be Williams's decision to make.

MetalliSox
07-19-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The only player I would be interested in seeing the Sox get from the Mets would be Cliff Floyd,

Call me foolish, but I'd take Lee in LF over Floyd right now. Floyd is like a robot out there. Lee has improved his defense so much if ridiculous. I hate Lee's free swinging but Floyd is even streakier.

ChiSox14305635
07-20-2003, 05:38 PM
Stanton got lit up by the Braves today. Pitched about 1/3 of an inning and gave up 4 runs. Mets had a 5 run lead in the bottom of the 8th, and let Atlanta tattoo them for 8 runs to win it.

Annapolis Sox
07-20-2003, 07:38 PM
no more mets, let's just get Kotch pitching good again

Tragg
07-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Since the mets are cleaning house, I think this is a guy we should go after. With Koch sucking all season, we desperately need somebody dependable on the back end of the bullpen. And since all the closers available don't seem very good, maybe a guy like Stanton would be the next best option. I've watched him in the playoffs and he's very, very dependalbe.

Please, let's not load this team up with even more mediocre players. That's the essence of the fix we are in right now. And for goodness sakes, don't give up anything of value for them.
The only positions we are above mediocre right now are starting pitching, right field and Frank. While at catcher and third we have youngsters who we expect will soon be a lot better than average, they aren't yet and the rest of this team is basically average or worse. Adding average on average = average or mediocre.

RKMeibalane
07-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
The only positions we are above mediocre right now are starting pitching, right field and Frank.

LOL! Manuel's tinkering has gotten so bad that Frank has a position named after himself now. Hahahaha!

adsit
07-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
LOL! Manuel's tinkering has gotten so bad that Frank has a position named after himself now. Hahahaha!

Hope not, because if so, we'll soon have to start game-by-game guessing... who's gonna start at Frank today?

Dave