PDA

View Full Version : Blame KW once again

gosox41
07-19-2003, 11:44 AM
I talked to my friend who is my connection to the team. She said it was 100% KW's decision to play the game on Thursday. She didn't get a reason why, but the decision was all his call. The fact that the Sox are letting all the people who had tickets for that game redeem them for another one shows how it probably wasn't JR. Does KW think the Sox raked in a ton of money from the 2500 fans who actually stayed for the start of the game?

Bob

soxtalker
07-19-2003, 12:21 PM
When was the decision made to allow fans to redeem tickets for future games? I'm wondering if the initial decision to play was based on an assumption that fans would not be able to make such a redemption. Then, after the game was started, they may have realized that this would be a PR disaster. Just a thought.

kevingrt
07-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Bad job by KW starting the game.

Good job by KW giving fans redeemable tickets.

WinningUgly!
07-19-2003, 02:17 PM
Yeah it was strange to start the game that late, but nobody would be bitching about it if the Sox would have won. If the game would have been made up as a doubleheader the following day, we'd all be bitching about it then, too...when we split. It's always tougher to win both games of a doubleheader.

Fridaythe13thJason
07-19-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Bad job by KW starting the game.

Good job by KW giving fans redeemable tickets.

The Sox have been doing that for years on bad weather games. I'm sure if JR didn't like it, he would've stopped it by now. Anytime it was freezing cold, or a long delay, they usually announce that your tickets can be used at another game.

joecrede
07-19-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
When was the decision made to allow fans to redeem tickets for future games? I'm wondering if the initial decision to play was based on an assumption that fans would not be able to make such a redemption. Then, after the game was started, they may have realized that this would be a PR disaster. Just a thought.

The ticket redemption announcement was made before the game's first pitch.

Thunderstruck30
07-20-2003, 12:55 AM
I had two tickets to that game. What do I have to do for the redemption? The back of the ticket says something about mailing it in.

TornLabrum
07-20-2003, 02:06 AM
You can either mail it into the ticket office, or just stop at a ticket window next time you go to the ball park.