PDA

View Full Version : Offense starting to wake up

gosox41
07-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Good to see the Sox offense show up 2 games in a row. They scored 9 runs Thursday and 7 Friday. Hopefully this will be a start to something.

Of course they're only hitting .248 as a team, but it was about 5 points lower then that. It looks like Roberto Alomar is starting to heat up and Magglio is continuing his hot streak from before the break. Now if the Sox can move Frank back to first so he can hit better, Konerko's hip injury looks like it miracuously healed so he can start hitting the Sox may actually look like a decent offensive team. Any day Crede and Olivo want to start hitting is OK by me. And my advice to Carlos is to take a pitch once in awhile. Go back to last season when he had 74 BB's and 72K's.

Bob

harwar
07-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
And my advice to Carlos is to take a pitch once in awhile. Go back to last season when he had 74 BB's and 72K's.

Man-0-Man that aggravates me.I don't know how many times i've seen him come up with guys in scoring position and less than 2 outs and swing wildly at the first pitch(usually right after the pitcher just walked a guy or two).He knows he does this and has said as much but he just can't seem to help himself.I saw him hit himself in the helmet with the bat last week after swinging wildly at the first pitch with the bases loaded and no one out.

white sox bill
07-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Finally! Now lets hope the pitching doesn't go down the tube!

kevingrt
07-19-2003, 12:34 PM
I compare the White Sox to golf. You notice for all you golfers that play once a week or so, that when like your irons work you cannot putt but when the putter works the irons don't. I have a feeling this could be just like your 2003 Chicago White Sox.

OEO Magglio
07-19-2003, 01:16 PM
I compare the White Sox to golf. You notice for all you golfers that play once a week or so, that when like your irons work you cannot putt but when the putter works the irons don't. I have a feeling this could be just like your 2003 Chicago White Sox.
That's an interesting way to put it. But that is pretty much a perfect description of what happens to the sox.

adsit
07-19-2003, 03:19 PM
And my advice to Carlos is to take a pitch once in awhile. Go back to last season when he had 74 BB's and 72K's.

Bob

In spite of himself, Lee's had some huge moments at the plate this year. In particular, I'm still remembering his grand slam against the Royals earlier in the year, his big game against the Dodgers, and his rally capper against the Indians a few weeks ago. Maybe it's just encouraging him to swing for the fences every time, tho... which could be part of the problem.

Carlos Lee isn't the only one having an issue with this, though. Plate discipline, or the lack of it, seems more a team dynamic than an individual one. If we weren't trying so desperately to generate offense, I think we'd be working the counts better.

voodoochile
07-19-2003, 03:22 PM
Good to see the Sox offense show up 2 games in a row. They scored 9 runs Thursday and 7 Friday. Hopefully this will be a start to something.

Of course they're only hitting .248 as a team, but it was about 5 points lower then that. It looks like Roberto Alomar is starting to heat up and Magglio is continuing his hot streak from before the break. Now if the Sox can move Frank back to first so he can hit better, Konerko's hip injury looks like it miracuously healed so he can start hitting the Sox may actually look like a decent offensive team. Any day Crede and Olivo want to start hitting is OK by me. And my advice to Carlos is to take a pitch once in awhile. Go back to last season when he had 74 BB's and 72K's.

Bob

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. I hope it continues, but the Sox should be shelling the Tigers. Evceryone else does...

gosox41
07-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. I hope it continues, but the Sox should be shelling the Tigers. Evceryone else does...

I'm desperate for hope with this team. I can't bear to watch KC win this division for many reasons, most of which make my life extremely difficult.

Bob

voodoochile
07-19-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm desperate for hope with this team. I can't bear to watch KC win this division for many reasons, most of which make my life extremely difficult.

Bob

I'm right there with you, Bob...