PDA

View Full Version : Those damn Royals

Jurr
07-18-2003, 10:35 PM
I've been watching their games lately, including tonight's game against Seattle. They are an animated, clutch group of guys. I am very impressed, and I would be amazed if the Sox can catch these boys. They look a lot like the 2000 Sox. As I write this, the Mariners are down 3-1 with guys on 1 and 2 with one out in the ninth. Interactive posts! Make that 2 on a strikeout. The stadium is packed! But, like I was saying earlier, these guys just have that belief now that they can pull this thing off. The guys just get hits when they need them, and they catch the ball well.
By the way, Edgar Martinez's slow arse kept the M's from getting a 3-2 game going. Still 2 out, bases packed. Base hit! 3-2 with Ichiro coming up! Uh oh! And Ichiro just hit a grand slam!!!! Woah! Like I was saying...the Royals are DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha ha ha. This was a funny post. Now, I have to hope the Sox can close their win out. I turned over to that game, and there is 2 outs, 2-2 count. Robbie just made an awesome backhander that Jimenez would've botched, and the game is over! 7 out, it looks like! On to Minny, where there's a runner on 1 with 2 out. Base hit!!!! 3-2 game! Could this be two comebacks on one post? Hernandez up with a man on 2. Toriiiiiii hunter just made a diving stop to win the game. Oh my God. So there's your pennant race rundown in one post!

dougs78
07-19-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Jurr
I've been watching their games lately, including tonight's game against Seattle. They are an animated, clutch group of guys. I am very impressed, and I would be amazed if the Sox can catch these boys. They look a lot like the 2000 Sox. As I write this, the Mariners are down 3-1 with guys on 1 and 2 with one out in the ninth. Interactive posts! Make that 2 on a strikeout. The stadium is packed! But, like I was saying earlier, these guys just have that belief now that they can pull this thing off. The guys just get hits when they need them, and they catch the ball well.
By the way, Edgar Martinez's slow arse kept the M's from getting a 3-2 game going. Still 2 out, bases packed. Base hit! 3-2 with Ichiro coming up! Uh oh! And Ichiro just hit a grand slam!!!! Woah! Like I was saying...the Royals are DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha ha ha. This was a funny post. Now, I have to hope the Sox can close their win out. I turned over to that game, and there is 2 outs, 2-2 count. Robbie just made an awesome backhander that Jimenez would've botched, and the game is over! 7 out, it looks like! On to Minny, where there's a runner on 1 with 2 out. Base hit!!!! 3-2 game! Could this be two comebacks on one post? Hernandez up with a man on 2. Toriiiiiii hunter just made a diving stop to win the game. Oh my God. So there's your pennant race rundown in one post!

HA! This post cracks me up.

harwar
07-19-2003, 11:22 AM
I don't know where the royals have been getting these good starts from,their pitching is mostly suspect.I'd love to see the royals go in the tank but i'm not sure Pena will let them.
Also,did you see the twins game? They should have lost that game but Torrii Hunter made yet another great game saving catch to keep "everyday eddie" from blowing another save.They were like,REALLY FIRED UP after that win.I sure hope it doesn't springboard them on to bigger and better things.
I say lets just stop messing around and start putting some wins together but the White Sox just never listen to me.

gosox41
07-19-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I don't know where the royals have been getting these good starts from,their pitching is mostly suspect.I'd love to see the royals go in the tank but i'm not sure Pena will let them.
Also,did you see the twins game? They should have lost that game but Torrii Hunter made yet another great game saving catch to keep "everyday eddie" from blowing another save.They were like,REALLY FIRED UP after that win.I sure hope it doesn't springboard them on to bigger and better things.
I say lets just stop messing around and start putting some wins together but the White Sox just never listen to me.

How come everytime the Sox have a big win they have a letdown. But just watch Minnesota. They'll have a big win and win 6 of the next 8 or something. Of course when the Sox lose a tough game they go in the tank for the next 10 days (see Koch's blown save against Tampa Bay) while when the Royals have a tough loss they seem reslient and bounce back. I bet you they play tough tonight even though they lost with 2 outs in the 9th inning last night.

Wh yare Sox players so emotionally fragile and mentally unprepared to deal with the rigors of a tough, long season?

Bob