PDA

View Full Version : Jerry, Frank Back At 1b Please!

SluggersAway
07-18-2003, 07:54 PM
For the love of the almighty...

...Frank Thomas back at first base!!!

WhiteSoxWinner
07-18-2003, 09:05 PM
You didn't type it all in caps. JM probably didn't hear you.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2003, 09:25 PM
Frank is 2-10 in the second half. While that is hardly a reliable sample size, I'd say it's about time to put him back in the field. What the hell is Jerry Manuel afraid of? Frank throwing? So what? He more than makes up for his throwing problems with the damage he does at the plate.

****ing idiot ---------------------------->:jerry

Viva Magglio
07-18-2003, 11:12 PM
Joe Cowley said on the Score that Frank has a "twinged knee" which is preventing him from playing at first base.

Thunderstruck30
07-18-2003, 11:28 PM
Frank is a better hitter when he plays 1st base then when he is the DH. Can someone explain to me how where a player plays the field affects how well he does at the plate.

ScottySoxFan
07-18-2003, 11:36 PM
From what I've read in the past, Frank typically goes back into the clubhouse after bad AB's as a DH. He is either watching tape or taking swings in the cages for 20 minutes or so. He's so focused on hitting as a DH, that one bad AB usually takes his head out of the game. You usually see his head start popping up on swings and his butt flying out behind him.

If Frank has a bad AB while playing 1B, he doesn't have time to think about what happened. Frank trots out to 1B, and because he's not great defensively, he must place tremendous focus on each play. When he returns to the plate he's more in-tune to the game and presses less to get hits. You'll usually see a less crouched batting stance, head and eyes focused on the pitch -all the way to the plate, and he keeps his rear end where it's at and drives with his legs.

Just what I've noticed.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by ScottySoxFan
....Just what I've noticed.

Hey, join the 99.9 percent of the rest of the population that has noticed the same thing. We're the ones with a functioning brain stem.

I'll give you one guess who isn't counted in that number.

frickin' idiot--------------->:jerry

This idiot is going to turn the entire 2003 season into one giant experiment to see whether he can get Paul Konerko "going" in the line up again.

RKMeibalane
07-19-2003, 09:19 AM
Frank is sitting on 396 home runs. I would like to see him hit number four hundred as soon as possible. Earth to Jerry Manuel: put Frank back in the field so he can get his bat going again.

RKMeibalane
07-19-2003, 02:01 PM
:reinsy

"If you come to the park, Frank Thomas will be our first baseman."

gosox41
07-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
:reinsy

"If you come to the park, Frank Thomas will be our first baseman."

Hey JR, if you fire Manuel and hire somebody competent the team may start winning. Then more fans will come to the park. I don't blame the casual fan for not wanting to watch this sorry excuse for a team play.

You know everything, oh great Jerry. You are the master of winning championships and no exactly what it takes to win.

Bob