PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid Sox fan ?

hose
07-18-2003, 08:03 PM
According to John Jackson of the Sun-Times Sox fans have no class and the stereo type of having a inferiority complex fits because we booed our rivals at the All-Star game.

Well then what are Cincinnati Red fans? They booed Ken Griffey jr. off the field after he snapped a tendon in his ankle last night.

I am not going to bad mouth Red fans but guys like Jackson and Chris Berman like to express their opinion when it comes to White Sox fans.

Here is my beef, two different articles on Griffey's injury, but one (ESPN) makes no mention of Red fans booing Griffey

Hangar has been on top of this type of shoddy journalism, I just thought I would point this one out. But now I'm probably a paranoid Sox fan according to someone in the media that is reading this. Can't win.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030717&content_id=431493&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0717/1582320.html

Lip Man 1
07-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Hose:

You should e-mail Jackson and let him know about Reds fans booing Griffey Jr.

Lip

hose
07-18-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Hose:

You should e-mail Jackson and let him know about Reds fans booing Griffey Jr.

Lip

You got a point there Lip, if Jackson was reading about Junior's injury on ESPN he never would of heard about the fan booing.

The Sox have to start winning to take the spot light off their fans. What a complete and total ridiculous statement , but probably true.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2003, 10:50 PM
It's amazing how when other teams have problems, the organization itself gets blamed. But when the Chicago White Sox have problems, it's always the fans' fault. The media is beginning to sound more and more like Jerry Reinsdorf as time goes on.

Viva Magglio
07-19-2003, 12:11 AM
I am so sick of this! Can someone explain to me why we are always being called on the carpet for things as if we're the only team that does them?

Hangar18
07-19-2003, 12:28 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hose
[B]According to John Jackson of the Sun-Times Sox fans have no class and the stereo type of having a inferiority complex fits because we booed our rivals at the All-Star game.

Well then what are Cincinnati Red fans? They booed Ken Griffey jr. off the field after he snapped a tendon in his ankle last night.

I am not going to bad mouth Red fans but guys like Jackson and Chris Berman like to express their opinion when it comes to White Sox fans.

Here is my beef, two different articles on Griffey's injury, but one (ESPN) makes no mention of Red fans booing Griffey

Hangar has been on top of this type of shoddy journalism, I just thought I would point this one out. But now I'm probably a paranoid Sox fan according to someone in the media that is reading this. Can't win.

Excellent HOSE! I saw this article today, and I was going to wait til tomorrow to bring it up (got a bit busy at work) but hell yes,
this guys got some nerve. He just wants to kiss some east coast Butt so Gammons can think hes a big-city writer. Excellent to point out the Cincy Red Fan Incident. I had no idea that happened! The mother $%$%$%$^ MEDIA wont tell me
unless HOSE had informed me of this. This media thing is really getting out of hand. WHAT BURNED ME UP ABOUT THE ARTICLE BY JACKSON, was his straight out BOLD SPECULATIVE STATEMENT, in which he said that its become a Popular Belief that Most Sox Fans have a chip on their shoulder, and the only way we feel Good is by "Tearing others Down". After he said that, he never pointed or proved his point. THis is the exact BS that
the business man from Japan, the stupid cub fan from lakeview, and the the casual baseball fan reads.....then assumes it to be FACTUAL, simply because Yellow Journalists become Irresponsible and Lazy and want to write something Misleading like this.
MR Jackson. Heres a newsflash for you. Yeah, Maybe I personally have a chip on my shoulder, but how did i get it? I probably got it being DISGUSTED by the CHicago medias love affair for a team that hasnt done much more than the sox, yet somehow, theyre treated royally media wise? How could this be? this team Nearly LOST 100 Games 4 times in the recent 6 year span !!!! Is this the team thats considered Royalty? This is the same team that Your Media, Print and TV, Giddy with excitement , Dared to call the Yankee and Cubs franchises "historical"...... then never mentioning in what context the term Historical is used? Am I....a loyal sox fan supposed to just ignore the 150 or so extra stories about the cubs, simply because they are the cubs? then some tourist tells me they think the other team ismore popular, and when I ask them why....they dont know...they only know that its "what they heard". How do you suppose some guy I meet in los angeles tells me hes heard the area around COMISKEY IS BAD? HES NEVER BEEN HERE!!!! I asked Him,,,have you ever been to comiskey? NO....then how does he know....."Ive read how bad it is" WELL media folks, your lies and cub-propoganda arent FOOLING ME. And if i have to be a one man army to get you people to stop being lazy and doing some Real RESEARCH....maybe we'll get a fair shake. Mr John Jackson,,,,sorry you spilled your tea while in the pressbox, rubbing elbows, and eating crumpets with your East Coast Journalistic Heroes......Why dont you get some Balls And Tell It Like It Really Is.....and do a little work while your at it. You sir
are YELLOW

Hangar18
07-19-2003, 12:32 AM
and NO Hose, your not Paranoid, your being ALERT.
Anyone remember that goofy rapper Flavor Flav from Public
Enemy (they also hated the media) ?? Remember that
big oversized CLOCK he'd wear on a chain around his neck?
He wore that, to say to people he "Knows what time it is".
So do we.

TommyJohn
07-19-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hose
[B]According to John Jackson of the Sun-Times Sox fans have no class and the stereo type of having a inferiority complex fits because we booed our rivals at the All-Star game.

Excellent HOSE! I saw this article today, and I was going to wait til tomorrow to bring it up (got a bit busy at work) but hell yes,
this guys got some nerve. He just wants to kiss some east coast Butt so Gammons can think hes a big-city writer. Excellent to point out the Cincy Red Fan Incident. I had no idea that happened! The mother $%$%$%$^ MEDIA wont tell me
unless HOSE had informed me of this. This media thing is really getting out of hand. WHAT BURNED ME UP ABOUT THE ARTICLE BY JACKSON, was his straight out BOLD SPECULATIVE STATEMENT, in which he said that its become a Popular Belief that Most Sox Fans have a chip on their shoulder, and the only way we feel Good is by "Tearing others Down". After he said that, he never pointed or proved his point. THis is the exact BS that
the business man from Japan, the stupid cub fan from lakeview, and the the casual baseball fan reads.....then assumes it to be FACTUAL, simply because Yellow Journalists become Irresponsible and Lazy and want to write something Misleading like this.
MR Jackson. Heres a newsflash for you. Yeah, Maybe I personally have a chip on my shoulder, but how did i get it? I probably got it being DISGUSTED by the CHicago medias love affair for a team that hasnt done much more than the sox, yet somehow, theyre treated royally media wise? How could this be? this team Nearly LOST 100 Games 4 times in the recent 6 year span !!!! Is this the team thats considered Royalty? This is the same team that Your Media, Print and TV, Giddy with excitement , Dared to call the Yankee and Cubs franchises "historical"...... then never mentioning in what context the term Historical is used? Am I....a loyal sox fan supposed to just ignore the 150 or so extra stories about the cubs, simply because they are the cubs? then some tourist tells me they think the other team ismore popular, and when I ask them why....they dont know...they only know that its "what they heard". How do you suppose some guy I meet in los angeles tells me hes heard the area around COMISKEY IS BAD? HES NEVER BEEN HERE!!!! I asked Him,,,have you ever been to comiskey? NO....then how does he know....."Ive read how bad it is" WELL media folks, your lies and cub-propoganda arent FOOLING ME. And if i have to be a one man army to get you people to stop being lazy and doing some Real RESEARCH....maybe we'll get a fair shake. Mr John Jackson,,,,sorry you spilled your tea while in the pressbox, rubbing elbows, and eating crumpets with your East Coast Journalistic Heroes......Why dont you get some Balls And Tell It Like It Really Is.....and do a little work while your at it. You sir
are YELLOW

Hangar, I wish you worked in the media. Seriously. We need
a guy like you on the Sun-Times or Trib to sound off like that
whenever the media starts to relentlessly bash the Sox, or
worse, gurgle and coo with unrestrained delight about the
Cubs or any other team, for that matter.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-20-2003, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE] Originally posted by Hangar18

How do you suppose some guy I meet in los angeles tells me hes heard the area around COMISKEY IS BAD? HES NEVER BEEN HERE!!!! I asked Him,,,have you ever been to comiskey? NO....then how does he know....."Ive read how bad it is" [QUOTE]

I feel safer walking around The Cell than I do at Wrigley. Actually, the crime rate around Wrigleyville is way higher than in Bridgeport. I am not saying that Bridgeport is Disneyland, but it definitely safer than the "Friendly Confines".

hsnterprize
07-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
and NO Hose, your not Paranoid, your being ALERT.
Anyone remember that goofy rapper Flavor Flav from Public
Enemy (they also hated the media) ?? Remember that
big oversized CLOCK he'd wear on a chain around his neck?
He wore that, to say to people he "Knows what time it is".
So do we. And to quote the classic tones of Flava Flav...YEEEEEAHHHHH BOOOOYYYYYEEEEEE!!!!!

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

I got so much trouble on my mind
I refuse to lose
Here's your ticket
*Hear the drummer get wicked (*HSN's note...a popular line used by ESPN's Stuart Scott)