PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'I'm Completely Sick of This Team' Thread

Rocklive99
07-18-2003, 02:32 PM
I don't usually start that many threads on this boards, but I couldn't keep this in any more. I'm not sure if I'm alone on this or if anyone shares the same opinions, but I can't watch this team anymore. Changes need to be made. Just a few: Jerry Manuel needs to go, now, and if Kenny Williams is too stupid to know that JM needs to go and that the majority of the fans want it (ASG reception), then I want him gone too. One more person I want gone is Koch. I don't know any details of his contract, but I don't care if the White Sox have to pay for the rest of his salary, I don't want to see him throw another pitch as a member of this team.

I doubt any these things will happen so I will just stop watching until they do, or until this team proves they are mentally tough. When your division rivals are out there beating Seattle and Oakland, you can't be losing 4 in a row to the Tigers, Indians, and Drays.

Those are just my opinions, and I'll just be lurking around here and watching some highlights to see if they can prove me wrong (And don't get me wrong, I prey to God that they do go ahead and win like 10 in a row, but I doubt it will happen with some of the players and management that are still on this team.)

JJAustin69
07-18-2003, 02:52 PM
You have come to the right place. The bitter and the hopeless mingle happily with the disillusioned and the frustrated.

ssang
07-18-2003, 03:00 PM
I am officially signing up for this thread!

Rocky Soprano
07-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Im not giving up just yet. I think we are going to turn it around and then the rest of you will be jumping on the bandwagon yet again.

As far as Manuel, I wouldnt mind seeing him get the boot but he is not the only reason why we have sucked these past few weeks.

Gumshoe
07-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Simply put, YES HE IS. He embodies the team. The 2 constants over the last 2.5 years have been JM and KW. Look what happened. Let's deal in results.

Gumshoe

34 Inch Stick
07-18-2003, 04:09 PM
Rocky, enough with this stupid "bandwagon" jumpers talk. I am posting on a site, going to and watching the games of a team that is 5 games under .500. If I chose to say they suck but cheer when they do well it is not bandwagon jumping.

A person jumping on the bandwagon would be someone who is completely disinterested in the team unitl they become good or popular.

Anyone who is on this board is by definition not a bandwagon jumper so stop the insults.

duke of dorwood
07-18-2003, 04:18 PM
I agree with that

Rocky Soprano
07-18-2003, 04:24 PM
My comment was not directed at anyone. Im just saying what I see. After the Sox beat the Cubs and got real hot everyone was just in heaven no one was saying anything about firing Manuel, no one was saying anything about Koch, etc.

I understand that everyone is frustrated but us pissing and moaning all the time is going to do exactly what?

If the team heats up again and they dont look back, are you still going to ask for Manuels head?

The bandwagon I am talking about is feeling that this team still has a chance. Thats all Im saying that maybe soon everyone will once again feel that we have a good chance at this division.

I was not saying anything about you not being a fan or not.

Some of you guys need to relax. :gulp:

Chisox353014
07-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano

If the team heats up again and they dont look back, are you still going to ask for Manuels head?

Yes, because there's no reason this should team have been as mediocre as they've been for the last 3 seasons, especially in this horrible division. I, for one, think that manuel is the biggest reason for this. Short of the Sox winning it all, I say dump Jerry no matter what.

ssang
07-18-2003, 05:01 PM
The fact of the matter is that if the Sox start winning it will be IN SPITE of Jerry Manuel NOT because of Jerry Manuel.

Rocky Soprano
07-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ssang
The fact of the matter is that if the Sox start winning it will be IN SPITE of Jerry Manuel NOT because of Jerry Manuel.

I agree and I do believe that Jerry needs to get the boot. All I am saying is that as soon as the Sox start winning everyone calling for his head goes underground and only come out until we start losing again.

Stick to your guns at all times. :)

Hangar18
07-18-2003, 05:14 PM
I'll wait til the end of this series, examine all of the evidence,
I'll take some testimonials from a select number of you (I'll be
in touch with you) and which I'll then announce Monday if Im
SICK OF THIS TEAM or not.

Jurr
07-18-2003, 06:24 PM
Well, I am officially in this club, too. It's a good thing, too. I have another 32 hour semester starting Monday, and I'd kill my study time watching or listening intently to every Sox game from here on out. As much as I hate to, I'm officially an 8 am ESPN and WSI viewer only. I just hope the boys pull something out of their proverbial arses.

Lip Man 1
07-18-2003, 10:08 PM
As Jay Mariotti (correctly) pointed out in his column yesterday, Kenny Williams has very little to say on whether or not Manager Gandhi gets fired.

That's the price you pay for being a general manager under Jerry Reinsdorf and that's EXACTLY the way he wants it.

Lip