PDA

View Full Version : Not that JM is pessimistic, but ...

MarqSox
07-18-2003, 07:59 AM
From the Trib:

Manuel was impressed with AL starter Esteban Loaiza, who threw two scoreless innings, allowing nothing more than a bloop single to Jim Edmonds.

"That was good to see," Manuel said. "He went in, threw strikes and was very composed. So if we happen to go to the postseason , you wouldn't hesitate to start him because you know he's not going to flinch."

I'd like to see the Sox "happen to beat the Tigers." Sheesh.

bobj4400
07-18-2003, 09:28 AM
not only that, but after the game last night/this morning, JM said something to the effect of "it is always good to get these games off the schedule when you can..." when he was asked if he was upset that they started the game so late.

does this sound like a guy who is collecting a paycheck while waiting to get fired or what??

TornLabrum
07-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
not only that, but after the game last night/this morning, JM said something to the effect of "it is always good to get these games off the schedule when you can..." when he was asked if he was upset that they started the game so late.

does this sound like a guy who is collecting a paycheck while waiting to get fired or what??

Or a guy secure in the knowledge that he's not going to be fired because the tightwad owner won't pay two men to manage at the same time.

harwar
07-18-2003, 09:35 AM
It was stupid to play last night when you could of had a D/Hr either today or tomorrow.I just knew Colon would get lit up.
I went to a tough high school and Manuel has had the look in the eyes of a new kid in a tough school for some time now.I just wonder if his replacement can do anything as it seems the ship is sinking auwfully fast.

kempsted
07-18-2003, 11:45 AM
The funny thing is I was listing to the radio when they thought they were going to start at 9 something and then had to sit back down again. Farmer said at the time this would be bad for Colon since he has a tendency to stiffen up bad. Sure enough. Farmer said at the time they might want to start someone else if they get going. Too bad Jerry doesn't listen to the broadcast ; (