PDA

View Full Version : Make the Bleeding Stop.

Unregistered
07-18-2003, 12:16 AM
I dont want to sound like a whiner, but why can't WE be the ones winning 9-1?!? This is the Tigers! Why do WE always collapse at EVERY turn?? Why does everything that could possibly go wrong for the Sox ACTUALLY GO WRONG?!? Why do we get 20-game winners TWICE in the last 3 years that fall apart and become shadows of themselves, and Players that NEVER play as well here as they do ANYWHERE ELSE??? I hate to say this team is cursed, but good lord... make the bleeding stop. (Please?) :(:

StepsInSC
07-18-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I dont want to sound like a whiner, but why can't WE be the ones winning 9-1?!? This is the Tigers! Why do WE always collapse at EVERY turn?? Why does everything that could possibly go wrong for the Sox ACTUALLY GO WRONG?!? Why do we get 20-game winners TWICE in the last 3 years that fall apart and become shadows of themselves, and Players that NEVER play as well here as they do ANYWHERE ELSE??? I hate to say this team is cursed, but good lord... make the bleeding stop. (Please?) :(:

Trust me you dont sound like a whiner, we have earned the right to complain about this crap, this is ridiculous.

kittle42
07-18-2003, 12:18 AM
Well, the obvious solution to this is to play a new lineup tomorrow! :smile:

Unregistered
07-18-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Trust me you dont sound like a whiner, we have earned the right to complain about this crap, this is ridiculous. On the plus side, I'm not alone in my pain... :smile:

:jerry
"At least I'm not a Sox Fan!"

Konerkoholic
07-18-2003, 12:27 AM
And to think, some of our players think they don't have a right to get booed. This is some funny ****ing ****, fellas.

jeremyb1
07-18-2003, 12:30 AM
murphy's law. whatever can go wrong will go wrong. i can't come up with any other explanation for this season. we have the fourth lowest era in the al yet whenever we have a big game with one of our best starters pitching, he gets hammered (this has happened with colon at least a few times now). whenever we give up one or two runs we seem to be shutout.

its amazing to actually stop and think for a second that we have 6 out of nine players in the starting lineup that have made the all-star team in their career and yet an offense with average production is a dream. if our offense was completely mediocre we'd be in first place right now. who thought before the season that the inability to hit as well as the baltimore orioles would be almost the sole reason that we are soon to be 8 games out of first place.

Unregistered
07-18-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
murphy's law. whatever can go wrong will go wrong. i can't come up with any other explanation for this season. we have the fourth lowest era in the al yet whenever we have a big game with one of our best starters pitching, he gets hammered (this has happened with colon at least a few times now). whenever we give up one or two runs we seem to be shutout.

its amazing to actually stop and think for a second that we have 6 out of nine players in the starting lineup that have made the all-star team in their career and yet an offense with average production is a dream. if our offense was completely mediocre we'd be in first place right now. who thought before the season that the inability to hit as well as the baltimore orioles would be almost the sole reason that we are soon to be 8 games out of first place. It's scary how true that is... I can't even count how many times we've all gone "Is ____ (JM/The Players, etc.) TRYING to lose this game?!?" And of course the answer is no, it's just that EVERY move the team makes backfires in the WORST possible way.
Ah, go figure that the year when we're thinking ''There is no way that they can possibly screw this up", they prove us wrong.

(random question: what is our ratio of runners thrown out at the plate? It has to be terrible.)