PDA

View Full Version : Time to take the Royals Seriously

SouthBendSox
07-17-2003, 11:52 PM
I cant count how many times I have seen sentences on this site include the phrase "and I just cant see the Royals keeping this up" or something to that effect...

Well, I bet none of us thought that Paul Konerko would morph into a combination of John Olreud's power and 40 points below Adam Dunn's BA.

I guess it really doesnt matter, the clubhouse is dead, and Manuels act is killing it more and more each day... The Twins are a bunch of b---hes anyway, that walk aroundlike Cub's fans thinking they are better than everyone.

One more week, then I'm rooting for the Royals.

Colon... I cant trust you anymore.

doublem23
07-17-2003, 11:53 PM
Pfftt... The Royals suck.

koch44
07-18-2003, 12:02 AM
Who give a **** about Kansas City. We can't even beat the ****ing Tigers. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

TornLabrum
07-18-2003, 12:02 AM
At this point I'd say it's time for us to start taking the freakin' Tigers seriously!

Thunderstruck30
07-18-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
At this point I'd say it's time for us to start taking the freakin' Tigers seriously!

We should take every team seriously. There is no team in the majors that cant beat the Sox.

soxtalker
07-18-2003, 06:35 AM
The almost automatic discounting of KC reminds me of an interview that someone in the national media had with one of the Twins before the season started. That was after the Sox had acquired Colon. The interviewer mentioned the Sox as possibly being favorites, and there was almost derision in the Twins player's voice. He essentially said that there never seemed to be good chemistry in the Sox clubhouse. Basically, he didn't seem very worried, though he didn't flat out say that. Now, clearly, the Twins aren't doing much better or worse than the Sox, so neither team can brag. However, it seems that one team or its fans often seem to misjudge the potential of other teams.

It also appears that "surprises" seem to be very common. No one took the 2000 Sox very seriously. Same was true of the Twins last year. And that seems to be the case this year with the Royals. The one common denominator seems to be that they are young teams and appear to progress a bit faster than expected. Right now, KC can play very loose. They may not do well in the playoffs, but they sure seem to be opening up that lead.

harwar
07-18-2003, 08:48 AM
The royals are flying high right now.The only reason that the White Sox haven't sold out by now is that no one thinks the royals will last and the twins seem as messed up as we are.I go back and forth between the White Sox and royals a lot and believe me they are a more exciting team to watch.
I just keep thinking that any day now the White Sox will start winning and the royals will start losing,but the opposite keeps happening.
And now i hear that they are very aggressively seeking to aquire Juan Gonzalez.
How can their pitching possibly hold up though?
Damn it!,someone needs to WAKE UP the White Sox and get their heads out of their proverbial asses!!!

Dan H
07-18-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
I cant count how many times I have seen sentences on this site include the phrase "and I just cant see the Royals keeping this up" or something to that effect...

Well, I bet none of us thought that Paul Konerko would morph into a combination of John Olreud's power and 40 points below Adam Dunn's BA.

I guess it really doesnt matter, the clubhouse is dead, and Manuels act is killing it more and more each day... The Twins are a bunch of b---hes anyway, that walk aroundlike Cub's fans thinking they are better than everyone.

One more week, then I'm rooting for the Royals.

Colon... I cant trust you anymore.

For so long, people have been asking if the Royals are for real. After dropping their fourth straight to the last place Tigers while KC beats first place Seattle, we should be asking how real are the White Sox. No one one the Sox has a right to look down their nose at the Royals. If you want to swagger like a first place team, start playing like one.

Jerko
07-18-2003, 09:37 AM
I don't know if it's more important for us as Sox fans to start taking the Royals seriously or to QUIT taking the White Sox seriously.

jortafan
07-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Couldn't help but notice that since the Indians ceased to be the dominant power in the American League Central in 1999, the White Sox and Twins have won division titles, the Indians managed to take one.

If the Royals succeed in winning the division this year, does this mean 2004 will be the year of the "worst to first" Detroit Tigers? Nothing would surprise me anymore with this pissy weak division.

MHOUSE
07-18-2003, 10:40 AM
We need to decide how serious the SOX are before worrying about the other teams in the division. We lose four in a row to the Tigers and the Royals have you worried? Please look no further than the Jerry Manuel horror show for worries.

SouthBendSox
07-18-2003, 10:50 AM
i just dont know whats wrong with this team

harwar
07-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by SouthBendSox
i just dont know whats wrong with this team

I watch a lot of different games daily and i can't recall how many times i've heard guys say that very thing about the White Sox.Everyone agrees that they should be winning but they JUST CAN'T.Maybe there is a curse that can be lifted by bringing in expert in that area.Very sad.

JJAustin69
07-18-2003, 01:58 PM
Realistically, the Royals are running away with this division. They already believe they can and will win it. Meanwhile, we can't beat the Tigers and may not ever get to .500.

MHOUSE
07-18-2003, 02:05 PM
What's sad is that instead of solving the overall problems, the Sox will creep back to .500 by September, Manuel will keep his job, KW will exult how great the talent looks and Reinsdorf won't sell. They don't look at the big long term picture. This organization runs the team day to day and as long as they won yesterday or win tomorrow, then everything will be ok. :angry: