PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Out for the Season (AGAIN)

Unregistered
07-17-2003, 11:34 PM
Ken Griffey Jr. suffered a ruptured tendon in his right ankle in a game against the Astros and will miss the rest of the season. He injured the ankle rounding first base on a sixth-inning double.

And to think, all we had to do was give up Magglio and we could have had this guy...

Griffey Out For Season (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/news/cin_press_release.jsp?ymd=20030717&content_id=431919&vkey=pr_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin)

Reichardt
07-17-2003, 11:35 PM
This guy is so fragile he may never make it to 500 HR's

FJA
07-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Reichardt
This guy is so fragile he may never make it to 500 HR's

The bad karma Griffey is experiencing for leaving Seattle is unbelievable ... it's like he's taking it for A-Rod and Randy Johnson as well. I feel bad for the guy, though ... he used to be so much fun to watch.

StepsInSC
07-17-2003, 11:47 PM
how can you NOT feel sorry for this poor guy?

steff
07-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Ken Griffey Jr. suffered a ruptured tendon in his right ankle in a game against the Astros and will miss the rest of the season. He injured the ankle rounding first base on a sixth-inning double.

And to think, all we had to do was give up Magglio and we could have had this guy...

Griffey Out For Season (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/news/cin_press_release.jsp?ymd=20030717&content_id=431919&vkey=pr_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin)

Oh good grief.. like he tore it on purpose. Geezus.

Hangar18
07-18-2003, 08:14 AM
He needs to get back in the American League ......FAST.
but his exorbitant back loaded contract will never allow him
to be traded. This is how his career will end. Injured and
Forgotten. Sometimes the Grass ISNT always GREENER
on the other side

MHOUSE
07-18-2003, 10:56 AM
I saw him homer against the Brewers on Saturday. Looks like he finally has his swing back and was really on a tear. Too bad he's out again tho. How old will he be next season? He needs to become a DH real bad.

34 Inch Stick
07-18-2003, 12:09 PM
The guy was truly one of the great talents to play the game. Even further he lived up to that talent for a sustained time in his career. I think this is sad.

If Junior never got injured we wouldn't have to worry about Barry Bonds beating anyone's records.