2B- Alomar
DH- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Lee
CF- Everett
1B- Konerko
3B- Crede
C- Olivo

I have already seen something that I don't like. Thomas is the DH again. Is Manuel trying to get fired? That is the only possible explanation for his decision to continually keep Frank out of the field.

Graffanino is playing tonight, so Manuel had better not use him again until sometime next week. Tony simply isn't good enough to play every day, yet JM keeps putting him out there.

The "Southpaw Wrecking Crew" lineup has rarely worked in past. I have a bad feeling about this game.

Meixner007
07-17-2003, 06:19 PM
I agree. Why not play Frank at first, and if Ghandi is intent about trying to get paulie going he could DH him. Then later in the game, when Gen. Disarray wants to put in Daubach he can replace Frank which will at least improve the defense.

RKMeibalane
07-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Meixner007
I agree. Why not play Frank at first, and if Ghandi is intent about trying to get paulie going he could DH him. Then later in the game, when Gen. Disarray wants to put in Daubach he can replace Frank which will at least improve the defense.

Agreed. Manuel needs to choose a lineup that makes sense, and he needs to stick with it. This business of changing the lineup based on lefty/righty matchups is ridiculous. I've never really thought it was that big a deal if a left-handed pitcher was starting. Who cares if one of your regulars is also left-handed. If he can hit, play him. Manuel needs to go, because he sure as hell isn't going to get this team playing any better with all of the tinkering that he does.

doublem23
07-17-2003, 06:32 PM
I think the biggest concern is that he keeps batting Tony Graffanino first...

Durrrrr...

RKMeibalane
07-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I think the biggest concern is that he keeps batting Tony Graffanino first...

Durrrrr...

I don't understand that, either. If he wants to give Graffanino the start, he should put him someplace else. Tony doesn't have the plate disclipline or the speed to lead off games. Alomar would be a better fit for that spot.

MetalliSox
07-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Recently read "Moneyball". The book was published before the beginning of this season and he has a statement about how it is common sense that Frank shoudl be playing 1B and how his career has declined since moving to DH.

We see it, the writers see it, the "experts" see it, why not our manager?

OEO Magglio
07-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Jeez, there is a lefty on the mound of course graffanino has to leadoff.

JJAustin69
07-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Agreed, leading Graf off is not the way to save your job. Also, DHing Frank and letting Konerko play first isn't that good of and idea either. Regardless of what is being said, this is a statement game for Manuel. Especially after being swept by the Tigers in Detroit and booed at the All-Star game. So what does he do? He comes up with more tinkering.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-17-2003, 06:45 PM
One good thing about tonight's line up...

:jerry
"You KNOW I will have a different one tomorrow!"

:ohno
"Oh brother, don't we!"

duke of dorwood
07-17-2003, 07:43 PM
I could tolerate this if I knew it was his LAST line up

RKMeibalane
07-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Has it stopped raining yet?

RKMeibalane
07-17-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
One good thing about tonight's line up...

"You KNOW I will have a different one tomorrow!"

:ohno
"Oh brother, don't we!"

No doubt. Valentin has tonight off, so he will be back in the lineup tomorrow. Manuel will probably give Maggs a rest because he played in the AS Game on Tuesday.

Brian26
07-17-2003, 08:51 PM
I'm downtown looking out my window at the Hancock building. The sky is crystal clear. The rain is gone.

whitesoxwilkes
07-17-2003, 08:53 PM
I'm looking south from my apartment on South Dearborn, and it's not raining, but there's plenty of lightning south of here...

gosox41
07-17-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
No doubt. Valentin has tonight off, so he will be back in the lineup tomorrow. Manuel will probably give Maggs a rest because he played in the AS Game on Tuesday.

Don't forget resting Everett too.

RKMeibalane
07-17-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Don't forget resting Everett too.

JM won't rest Everett until next week, because Aaron Rowand can't handle the strain of playing after he's been off for three days.