PDA

View Full Version : Upper Deck Moment at the Cell ....

Hangar18
07-16-2003, 09:37 AM
Ive gone on record before, saying how much I HATE IT UP THERE.
Way to far away from the action, hard to see the players and the
little white ball they play with. But last nite, during the national anthem, was the ONE TIME i'll say I was glad I was up there.
Sitting on the 1B side....with a clear view of Lake Michigan and Indiana from way high up there, I saw coming from the SouthEast, 6 US Navy Thunderbird jets......man, the anticipation
as they began roaring towards us, buzzing all the houses
in South Chicago and Hyde Park......... breathtaking...

xil357
07-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
little white ball they play with. But last nite, during the national anthem, was the ONE TIME i'll say I was glad I was up there.
Sitting on the 1B side....with a clear view of Lake Michigan and Indiana from way high up there, I saw coming from the SouthEast, 6 US Navy Thunderbird jets......man, the anticipation

Can you imagine what it might have been like if they had come in SUPERSONIC? With AFTERBURNERS GLOWING WHITE HOT?

chosk8
07-16-2003, 09:49 AM
That was probably my favorite moment of the night as well. Just seeing those jets in the background with the biggest American Flag I have even seen draped across the outfield and then the jets 'buzzing the tower' was quite a sight to see.

I was shocked that they were not letting people from the upper deck go down onto the concourse to walk around. I didn't really care as I have been there plenty of times before, but for someone who may have come from out of town and wanted to see the whole park and couldn't, was wrong. And looking down at the concourse during the game, it was dead. You could have drove a Mack truck through there.

cheeses_h_rice
07-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

I agree, that was awesome; I was on the 3B side, and I could see the jets coming in from Indiana right toward me. It made sitting 7 rows from the top a little more tolerable.

whitesoxwilkes
07-16-2003, 09:56 AM
The flyover was way cool. I'll have pictures posted later today on my picture site.

And as for the lower deck..thanks to a little ingenuity, I got to watch BP from the 5th row of section 113 in spite of my upper deck seats...

Dadawg_77
07-16-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
The flyover was way cool. I'll have pictures posted later today on my picture site.

And as for the lower deck..thanks to a little ingenuity, I got to watch BP from the 5th row of section 113 in spite of my upper deck seats...

So Steph smuggled you in huh.

steff
07-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
So Steph smuggled you in huh.

Me..?!?!?! :o: I would never, ever do such a thing :D:

alohafri
07-16-2003, 02:18 PM
I hope your pictures turn out good--the film in my camera jammed and now all my AS game pics are ruined!! ):

boohoohoo!!

(Mrs. Aloha)

Foulke You
07-17-2003, 11:28 AM
I thought this picture was fantastic. (special thanks to VooDoo for helping my technologically challenged @$$ for getting the picture to work) :D:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=210121

sox_fan_forever
07-17-2003, 11:31 AM
That's a great photo!

voodoochile
07-17-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You
(special thanks to VooDoo for helping my technologically challenged @$$ for getting the picture to work) :D:

You're welcome. Anyone who has questions about how to make board features work should post them on the Test Board.

steff
07-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I thought this picture was fantastic. (special thanks to VooDoo for helping my technologically challenged @$$ for getting the picture to work) :D:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=210121

Foulke, can you email that to me? I'd like to print it out. Thanks!

Dadawg_77
07-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Foulke, can you email that to me? I'd like to print it out. Thanks!

You can always right click and save as.

steff
07-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
You can always right click and save as.

Sheesh.. I need some sleep.