PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod on the ASG

fledgedrallycap
07-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Did anyone cathch A-Rod last night during Fox's local post-game coverage? That guy is total class and has a wardrobe I wouldn't mind inheriting. Anyway, it was very cool that he went out of his way to compliment the White Sox organization and said himself and the other players thought the changes made thus far to the artist formerly known as Comiskey look outstanding and that this year's All Star Game in Chicago was the best he has ever attended.

Nice job last night Sox fans in not getting caught up in the love-fest, we booed our rivals (it was great seeing Guordoto, Sweeney, and Young standing there laughing at the jeers) and the jagbags of the league; and cheered our beloved players loudly. Thumbs up!

chosk8
07-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Agreed, A-Rod was a class act. Even at the Home Run Derby he had good insight and knew Hawk's slang like Pick to Click and corrected Berman on the 'You can put it on the board, YES (Berman said GONE)' call.

Iguana775
07-16-2003, 10:53 AM
A-Rod = Me Likey

:supernana:

Even though he didnt sign a couple years ago, I still like the guy.

A.T. Money
07-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
A-Rod = Me Likey

:supernana:

Even though he didnt sign a couple years ago, I still like the guy.

It's not out of the question anyway. He has an escape clause I think. As much money as this guy is making, he's still going to want a ring, and there is no way he'll get one in Texas. It seems like he likes Chicago, and he raised an eyebrow a couple years ago when he heard we were interested. He seems to have good games at the Cell, and who knows....

I know Boras represents him, which hurts our chances, but A-Rod has the final say, not Borass.

Randar68
07-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
It's not out of the question anyway. He has an escape clause I think. As much money as this guy is making, he's still going to want a ring, and there is no way he'll get one in Texas. It seems like he likes Chicago, and he raised an eyebrow a couple years ago when he heard we were interested. He seems to have good games at the Cell, and who knows....

I know Boras represents him, which hurts our chances, but A-Rod has the final say, not Borass.

He may take the escape, but he'll never get the same kind of money from the Sox. He will be making 28 million a season over the last half of the contract! That's half the Sox payroll. My guess is he'll keep the money and stay.

Foulke You
07-16-2003, 12:35 PM

It almost seems that A-Rod wanted to play for our Sox and sadly I think that Boras was a big reason why they wouldn't even talk to KW to hear his sales pitch. I remember A-Rod talking up Chicago, the Sox players, and Jerry Manuel (HA). Of course, the out of this world offer from Texas would have blown anything KW/Reinsy could have offered but it would have been nice to have had a chance in the A-Rod derby.

LuvSox
07-16-2003, 12:43 PM
He's a class act alright. And only 27. Me at 27? Drunken slob.

Randar68
07-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
He's a class act alright. And only 27. Me at 27? Drunken slob.

I can't imagine he could have a better $$$ deal with endorsements and such playing in Texas as opposed to Chicago. Football will always be #1 in Texas. If he won it all in Chicago, with either team, he would be a legend in Chicago until they ceased playing baseball.

voodoochile
07-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I can't imagine he could have a better $$$ deal with endorsements and such playing in Texas as opposed to Chicago. Football will always be #1 in Texas. If he won it all in Chicago, with either team, he would be a legend in Chicago until they ceased playing baseball.

Well, he certainly never has to worry about money ever again, in fact if he has a decent financial advisor, his great-great-grandchildren never have to worry about money ever again. So, we'll find out just how serious he is about winning Vs. money.

A.T. Money
07-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Well, he certainly never has to worry about money ever again, in fact if he has a decent financial advisor, his great-great-grandchildren never have to worry about money ever again. So, we'll find out just how serious he is about winning Vs. money.

That's what I'm thinking. Even if he escapes, the money he has already made is ridiculous. Even if he took a pay cut with the Sox, he'd make twice as much in endorsements in Chicago as opposed to Texas. Once he gets closer to 30, he's going to realize that it's time to win it.....

When you're young like he is, at 27, there is plenty of time to win. Next thing you know, you're 37.

Iguana775
07-16-2003, 02:11 PM
AAAAhhhhhhh, dreams of A-Rod playing in the South Side.........

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-16-2003, 02:27 PM
arod is the man. i would love to see him in a sox uni, but lets be realistic here. riensdorf will not give him the money, especially with borass as his agent.

bobj4400
07-16-2003, 02:48 PM
That's what I'm thinking. Even if he escapes, the money he has already made is ridiculous. Even if he took a pay cut with the Sox, he'd make twice as much in endorsements in Chicago as opposed to Texas. Once he gets closer to 30, he's going to realize that it's time to win it.....

When you're young like he is, at 27, there is plenty of time to win. Next thing you know, you're 37.

Randar68
07-16-2003, 04:26 PM
Once he gets closer to 30, he's going to realize that it's time to win it.....

Which is simply another strike against the possibility of him playing in Chicago.

kermittheefrog
07-16-2003, 04:31 PM

Why does everyone think it's impossible for the Rangers to win? They were a successful team before they acquired Arod. Admittedly Hart hasn't put together a pitching staff but they still have a dynamite offense. As long as they have Arod, Texeira and Blalock they'll have a very good shot at winning. The pitching could come and at some point in Arod's long ass contract it probably will.