PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Posada IV

Viva Magglio
07-16-2003, 12:58 AM
I thought Jorge Posada IV got the biggest cheers behind Maggs and E-Lo tonight. For the second year in a row, when Yankee catcher Jorge Posada III was introduced, there was little 3˝-year-old Jorge IV to run out for him.

Jorge IV is a very special child and not because he's the son of a major leaguer. He has a condition known as craniosynostosis, which is when the growth of the skull is not in sync with that of the brain. Little Jorge has had three operations so far to correct this condition, and he may need more surgeries later in life.

Obviously, he is doing quite well these days. Let's pray that continues to be the case for Little Jorge.

From MLB.com: "Little Posada steals show again" (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030715&content_id=429348&vkey=allstar2003&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

whitesoxwilkes
07-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I thought Jorge Posada IV got the biggest cheers behind Maggs and E-Lo tonight. For the second year in a row, when Yankee catcher Jorge Posada III was introduced, there was little 3˝-year-old Jorge IV to run out for him.

Jorge IV is a very special child and not because he's the son of a major leaguer. He has a condition known as craniosynostosis, which is when the growth of the skull is not in sync with that of the brain. Little Jorge has had three operations so far to correct this condition, and he may need more surgeries later in life.

Obviously, he is doing quite well these days. Let's pray that continues to be the case for Little Jorge.

From MLB.com: "Little Posada steals show again" (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030715&content_id=429348&vkey=allstar2003&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Just like his old man, that kid is an a-1 class act. Nothing about his behavior was by any means bratty...too bad the same can't be said for that little twerp Darren Baker...

QueerGirrl
07-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Agreed. I didn't know that about Jorge's son, but he's always seems like a class act. I hate the Yankees but I will always like Jorge.

For whatever reason, I don't know why, but when I saw Baker's kid at the Home Run Derby on Monday night, I instantly hated him. He's a little brat! My girlfriend has hated him since the incident in the WS last year so she's happy now that I hate him too.

Viva Magglio
07-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Jorge IV was a hit with everybody, but Mike North was not one of them. He raised a big stink about it and ripped the kid. North even said along the lines "Posada should keep his kid's ass out of the dugout." He complained that it will spawn other all-stars in future games to have their kids run out too.

I can see keeping little kids out of the dugout during games for their own safety. But this was the pregame introductions when no action is taking place. For North to rip defenseless Little Jorge just proves what a complete [expletive] he is. I just hope Drew Hayes heard this and had the balls to act accordingly.

ssang
07-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Mike North is the most ignorant radio personality in the nation. I am embarrassed for the city that this guy is one of the most well known radio personalities in the city. He sounds stupid, says stupid things, and is a stupid person. Chicago should be embarrassed by this ass-clown!

brewcrew/chisox
07-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by ssang
Mike North is the most ignorant radio persopnality in the nation. I am embarrassed for the city that this guy is onw of the most well known radio personalities in the city. He sounds stupid, says stupid things, and is a stupid person. Chicago should be embarrassed by this ass-clown!

Mike North is a friggn idiot

WhiteSox = Life
07-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Jorge IV was a hit with everybody, but Mike North was not one of them. He raised a big stink about it and ripped the kid. North even said along the lines "Posada should keep his kid's ass out of the dugout." He complained that it will spawn other all-stars in future games to have their kids run out too.

I can see keeping little kids out of the dugout during games for their own safety. But this was the pregame introductions when no action is taking place. For North to rip defenseless Little Jorge just proves what a complete [expletive] he is. I just hope Drew Hayes heard this and had the balls to act accordingly.

Mike North might not have said this, but...

Right, because everything in life is a certainty and we all know that Jorge Posada will be back to the All-Star Game next year! And allowing his son to hang around with his dad's peers for a while and letting his son be with his dad in a fun and easy environment is wrong because that's not what good fathers do.

Ah, give me a break. I don't listen to Mike North and I'm very glad I don't.

MarqSox
07-16-2003, 04:46 PM
As the devil's advocate ... what would y'all think if every player took their kid(s) out on the field with them for player introductions? Would we really want to turn the All Star Game into an episode of "Rugrats?" If you let Posada do it, then you have no basis to stop another player from doing it ...

I dunno. If you're against Darren Baker (which most of you are) then I don't see how you can be for little Posada. I'm sure the kid is well behaved and darling and all that, but you can't have it both ways.

voodoochile
07-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
As the devil's advocate ... what would y'all think if every player took their kid(s) out on the field with them for player introductions? Would we really want to turn the All Star Game into an episode of "Rugrats?" If you let Posada do it, then you have no basis to stop another player from doing it ...

I dunno. If you're against Darren Baker (which most of you are) then I don't see how you can be for little Posada. I'm sure the kid is well behaved and darling and all that, but you can't have it both ways.

Oh, who cares. So the players take advantage of the fact that they are playing in an exhibition game (regardless of what Bud is trying to change it into) to take their kids with them to the park. This should be a non-issue.

Every single person on this board would do the exact same thing if given the opportunity...

PaleHoseGeorge
07-16-2003, 06:06 PM
You know, would it really be so bad for EVERY ballplayer to be introduced with his kids, then have a special kids section for seating the entire group during the game? I think TV would love having reaction shots from the kids and the players' spouses.

Baseball is soooo different from other sports. This sort of PR move would never work in the NFL, NBA, or NHL, but fits perfectly for a game like MLB's all-star game. It's a real honor to be chosen to play in this game and sharing it with your family is something the average fan can relate to.

All we ever hear is negative stuff about the ballplayers and their families. This would certainly help balance all the negative coverage about spoiled millionaires.

As long as the kids aren't on the field (or dugout) for the game, more power to him. Good for Jorge Posada for stepping out on this matter.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-16-2003, 10:00 PM

jamie moyer's kid was high-fiving the winners last night also, so it wasnt just posada who brought a kid.

MarqSox
07-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
jamie moyer's kid was high-fiving the winners last night also, so it wasnt just posada who brought a kid.

Now picture about 20 more kids at next year's game ... still think it's cute?

voodoochile
07-16-2003, 10:52 PM
Now picture about 20 more kids at next year's game ... still think it's cute?

Sure, bring them all... Who cares?

Wouldn't you bring your kid to the game if you were Jorge Posada or his AS teammate?

Viva Magglio
07-16-2003, 10:52 PM

There is a difference between little Darren and little Jorge. Little Jorge just ran out during the player introductions and was not an integral part of the game itself. Meanwhile, little Darren was an integral part of the game by being the batboy prior to the age requirement was adopted.

Also, Jorge IV is not transformed into the "Christ Child" by Yankee fans or the New York media they way Darren is by Cub fans and our media.

MarqSox
07-17-2003, 07:13 AM
Also, Jorge IV is not transformed into the "Christ Child" by Yankee fans or the New York media they way Darren is by Cub fans and our media.

And this is the fault of the respective children how exactly? A 4-year-old can't much control how he is perceived by the media and fans ... sheesh.

Viva Magglio
07-17-2003, 04:16 PM
And this is the fault of the respective children how exactly? A 4-year-old can't much control how he is perceived by the media and fans ... sheesh.

I never said it was their fault. I think Darren is being used by whomever as a "marketing tool."